Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graham

TotalRL NRL SUPER COACH Fantasy League 2014 - FINAL Points Total + Head2Head Results + Awards; News for 2015

136 posts in this topic

Dene Halatau of the Tigers is out for four months,broken ankle.Jordan Kahu of the Broncos picked up what was feared to be ACL damage but I have not yet seen confirmation!

Steer clear of these two I guess!

Dene Halatau of the Tigers is out for four months,broken ankle.Jordan Kahu of the Broncos picked up what was feared to be ACL damage but I have not yet seen confirmation!

Steer clear of these two I guess!

How cruel is that for them?

When you know all the hard work that goes into becoming a top pro and then you get crocked before the season starts properly.

Welcome, it's good to have you with us, James.

smashngrab_zps7bd6d9be.jpg

It promises to be a good season ahead with some great rookies to look forward to seeing if the Auckland 9s tournament is anything to go by.

That's 8 teams so far

Injury List

David "Wolfman" Williams (Manly) possible ACL injury facing season out!

Todd Carney (Cronulla) Hamstring. 2-3 weeks

Lachlan Coote (North Queensland) ACL injury season over!

Luke Keary (Souths) Possible tear of pectoral muscle with likely 3 months out.

David Stagg (Brisbane) Knee injury 2-6 Weeks

A couple of others got minor injuries like Mitchell Pearce and Ben Barba but will be fit for start of season

Injury List

David "Wolfman" Williams (Manly) possible ACL injury facing season out!

Todd Carney (Cronulla) Hamstring. 2-3 weeks

Lachlan Coote (North Queensland) ACL injury season over!

Luke Keary (Souths) Possible tear of pectoral muscle with likely 3 months out.

David Stagg (Brisbane) Knee injury 2-6 Weeks

A couple of others got minor injuries like Mitchell Pearce and Ben Barba but will be fit for start of season

The players concerned and their clubs may start to question the nines comp when they get injuries like those to some top players. Maybe clubs like Storm who left their key players out will feel vindicated in minimising the risk.

I'm liking the look of my team so far. Got 6 starters I'm very happy with. Going to try something different with my replacements this season, though.

So I'm guessing my bench players won't score me points if I keep them on the bench, so is it best to alternate my starting positions on a weekly basis you think?

Basically get your best - highest scoring - players in the 17 every week. have a few of decent good value squad players over that if you can. It inevitably comes down to compromises as we can't afford all the best players. The knack is to have as good a 17 as you can to start with (not easy) and try to spot  high scoring newbies to get in the squad as the dust settles early on in the season. Just my view. Anybody else want to chip in?

I see there are payment options. I've created my team but do I have to pay after 14 days or is it free for the season?

It's free for the season. There is the option to pay for their 'Gold' which is a relatively small amount for 12 months (i.e. the 2014 season). Gold gives you some options for player changes  giving you the statistics of other players you might want to choose.

One or two of my original line up players got injured in the 9's tournament in Auckland so I've had a little shuffle round. Probably best though to look again in the time between the teams are announced for Round 1 and the kick off.

I tell you what, this is proving much tougher than expected. I had a team, but had a good look at it again this morning and it's not going to be strong enough, so now I'm really doing my research into building a solid all-round squad lol. 

Good luck - it's tricky with no game time played or form to go on. It's a pick and hope mix.

Yeah, I agree. To keep within budget I think you can't pick the best/most expensive player in each position. It's not as easy as that. You need a fair few bargain picks in there. Players you think could have a bigger season than last, so it does come down to picking and hoping. Your bench is key too, especially if you can throw in players who can play in more than one position.

Come on then, now's the time to join us ...

We've saved a space for you ...

SuperCoachLeague201402_zpsf56200cd.jpg

Well the 9s has totally messed me up! A couple of my cheap buys are injured.Eto Nabuli, is now out for atleast the first month. I had Keary in and he is out for 4-5 months. George Jennings also will miss half the season. 

I  look at who had a good U20s comp last year and who has made the Emerging Blues & Marroons squad. as I would expect them to get some game time. Then look at who scored well the past couple of years and then look at a couple of players that maybe missed a few games the previous season and the price is cheaper. I then look at some dirt chep buys and hope they score when needed. Its very much hope and pray at the start. I mean last year who would have expected George Burgess to have such a good season and a top money buy like Tony Williams or Adam Blair to score so badly? I have learnt from last year to not have so many State of Origin players in and not make so many early changes!!

I know the feeling LRL. I've already suffered player injuries like you.

Your last point is one worth contemplating.

Of course the Origin players do score pretty highly week in week out too - it's a quandry!

Agreed with LRL on the 9's I had Luke Keary nailed on and had to re shuffle.

I have taken a diff. approach this year than previous where I would pick a real top player in each section and fill in the best I can.

This year apart from a couple high priced player I have looked for mid - low especially priced players those that had a poorer season last year or those younger players that have moved to new clubs and want to make a mark.

So I have picked people like Soward, T - Rex, Blair, Sandow etc.

But I have avoided people that are coming back from long term injuries as well.

Risky Strategy not sure - I will wait and see.

Not that many real real bargins around this year - I thing they have made it tougher - however was thinking about Dobson at the knights now that Mullen is out for around 5 months - decent player who would not had a game otherwise.

I was going to shuffle round and take a chance on Matt Duffie this season. After struggling with injury previously he'd shown the promise of a good 2014 in pre-season to now. However he's injured himself in training this week - only gone and done an acl. Wiil require surgery so out for all 2014 season! Ouch.

Oh and I had Luke Keary too!

Another one to avoid:

Jarrod Mullen (Knights) he'ss torn his hamstring from the bone and could be out 4 months or so... he's another casulaty of the Auckland 9's

Idris (Hamstring) and Jorge Taufua (shoulder) got injured at the weekend and likely to miss a couple of rounds as well! Cronk likely to miss first game as well. Is there anybody left fit to play? 

I'd fish my old boots out but no, it's a bit too far to travel, otherwise ...

So many players who were consistent good SCoach scorers last season or at least bargain players have been crocked , or should that be Cronked, in this last run up to the start. How bad is it though when you have a serious injury in a training session?

We seem to have stalled at 8. Quality is high though!!!

We've still got 10 days to kick off of Round 1 2014 so you've still time to get stuck in.

Welcome to the league Andrew and your Sika's Savages

SuperCoachLeague201403_zps710bd10b.jpg