Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hunsok3

Sunday

61 posts in this topic

Didn't say it was of any assistance some of us will miss you stay always this season for a few games anyway then we will get into the rugby support our team and forget all about you your loss

Cheers for that geoff

Didn't say it was of any assistance some of us will miss you stay always this season for a few games anyway then we will get into the rugby support our team and forget all about you your loss

that should have read support your 2 teams

Achurch, Sutcliffe, Leuluai, Singleton, Clarkson and Bailey along with a bunch of under 19's named in the Rhino's line up for Sunday.

Leeds Utd would be my other team but I don't go any more so I don't class my self as a supporter nor do I pass comment on them or badger them that go to watch them

Achurch, Sutcliffe, Leuluai, Singleton, Clarkson and Bailey along with a bunch of under 19's named in the Rhino's line up for Sunday.

Without sounding negative - what a disappointment the team is that Rhinos are sending over to play us on Sunday. GH knows that this could be a potentially big money making game for us if he played some of his stars. But to send across a predominantly U19s squad with most 18yrs or 17yrs is a bit of an insult I think.

Before you start I am not slating Leeds off or calling names, or slandering the dual reg system so I just want to express my feelings.

This is the worst side Leeds have sent for years - for the last two years at least it has been made up of first team and U20s players or pretty much their reserve team. This is a bunch of kids who got beat considerably by Wigan U19s and Catalan U20s recently. Quite a few of Hunslet players played in this U20s squad 2 - 3 years ago (Watson, Broughton, Davies) even (Chisolm, Nicholson, Sunley) who are all at Featherstone - so the Leeds team are much younger than what they were.

Now I hope this doesn’t come back and bite me in the bottom but they could have made a bit more of an effort. I hope Hunslet put 60 points past them.

Leeds Utd would be my other team but I don't go any more so I don't class my self as a supporter nor do I pass comment on them or badger them that go to watch them

Who was that for?

To suggest that if you go watch Hunslet you are also a rhinos fan is deeply insulting and untrue I never have and never will be rhino

To suggest that if you go watch Hunslet you are also a rhinos fan is deeply insulting and untrue I never have and never will be rhino

Who you are you saying this to geoff?

Much stronger pack playing for Leeds this year than last, how many first team Leeds players played in last years match Gazmeister?

Sgt made the insinuation

Ah rite....i must av missed his post

Without sounding negative - what a disappointment the team is that Rhinos are sending over to play us on Sunday. GH knows that this could be a potentially big money making game for us if he played some of his stars. But to send across a predominantly U19s squad with most 18yrs or 17yrs is a bit of an insult I think.

Before you start I am not slating Leeds off or calling names, or slandering the dual reg system so I just want to express my feelings.

This is the worst side Leeds have sent for years - for the last two years at least it has been made up of first team and U20s players or pretty much their reserve team. This is a bunch of kids who got beat considerably by Wigan U19s and Catalan U20s recently. Quite a few of Hunslet players played in this U20s squad 2 - 3 years ago (Watson, Broughton, Davies) even (Chisolm, Nicholson, Sunley) who are all at Featherstone - so the Leeds team are much younger than what they were.

Now I hope this doesn’t come back and bite me in the bottom but they could have made a bit more of an effort. I hope Hunslet put 60 points past them.

can't see that happening can you really?

Much stronger pack playing for Leeds this year than last, how many first team Leeds players played in last years match Gazmeister?

Mitch Achurch @Leeds

Jordan Baldwinson @down under

Luke Briscoe @Leeds/Wakey

Alex Foster @ Leeds/Broncos

Liam Hood @ Hunslet?

Jimmy Keinhorst @Leeds/Wakey

Liam McAvoy @ gone somewhere?

Thomas Minns @Leeds/Broncos

Richard Moore @Wakey

Liam Sutcliffe @Leeds

Stevie Ward @Leeds

Jimmy Watson @Hunslet

As I said Gazmeister a much stronger Leeds side this year, all of the players you have named have played just over 100 first team games in total for Leeds. ( three of them have never played in Leeds first team) The six players I named have played over 650 first team games for Leeds.

Our forwards will certianly need to up their game

I think if our fowards go in very agressively and dominate in the middle then our backs are good enough to rip them apart.  I doubt the more senior people will play more than 40 minutes anyway

This is the Leeds team that's been published in the EP:

Ash Handley, Jordan Harper, Josh Walters, Lewis Jones, Ashton Golding, Liam Sutcliffe, Ben White, Kylie Leuluai, Robbie Ward, Brad Singleton, Chris Clerckson, Mitch Achurch, Ryan Bailey. Subs are Rob Mulhern, George Milton, Matthew Stableford, Dan Grange & Ben Frankland.

Don't know ours yet but with 6 players from the first team/squad, that team looks stronger than any team they have brought to the SLS over the last 5 or so years.

Cant wait for this first home game of the year and very much looking forward to the season.

Come on the Huns

Got to say that is a pretty decent Leeds side with a lot of experience that should beat us. I wouldn't want them to send many more first teamers or potential first teamers as I don't want to see 50-60 racked up against us. Hope we can compete against their forwards and it's competitive

Agreed, Its a good balance that hopefully will allow for a entertaining and competitive game. It will be a very stiff test for our guys. 

thats basically a SL pack, its gonna be tough, very impressed with Singleton last year.Wonder whats happened to Liam Hood, last i heard  he was on about quiting the game.

This is the Leeds team that's been published in the EP:

Ash Handley, Jordan Harper, Josh Walters, Lewis Jones, Ashton Golding, Liam Sutcliffe, Ben White, Kylie Leuluai, Robbie Ward, Brad Singleton, Chris Clerckson, Mitch Achurch, Ryan Bailey. Subs are Rob Mulhern, George Milton, Matthew Stableford, Dan Grange & Ben Frankland.

Don't know ours yet but with 6 players from the first team/squad, that team looks stronger than any team they have brought to the SLS over the last 5 or so years.

Cant wait for this first home game of the year and very much looking forward to the season.

Come on the Huns

if you don't put 60 on that shower there is something very wrong