Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shades2

Gateshead at home - Sunday 3pm

26 posts in this topic

26 Jan KO:15:00 Warm Up Match
York City Knights v Gateshead Thunder
Huntington Stadium

Ref: J Bloem

Be interesting to see who's available this week, understand we may see Jack Lee,

Patto, Ed Smith and George making their 1st appearances

26 Jan KO:15:00 Warm Up Match

York City Knights v Gateshead Thunder

Huntington Stadium

Ref: J Bloem

Be interesting to see who's available this week, understand we may see Jack Lee,

Patto, Ed Smith and George making their 1st appearances

Might come over for this

You not going to your own game then?

No. Giving it a miss

Jack Aldous also back from suspension, Iain Morrison not available until

Sheffield game due to already known work commitments

Talbot; Elliott, Rogers, Minikin ( T16 ), Dent; Morland, P.Smith; Joynt ( T54 ), Lee ( T63 ), Aldous, Crane ( C17 C40 ), Mallinder, Patterson ( T39 )

Subs; L Hardcastle, MacDonald ( T59 ), Tomlinson, B Hardcastle ( C54 C59 C64 ), Pickerill, Pickles, Carter, Backhouse.

S.Lynch; Booth, Blades, Brown ( T35 ? ), Capper; Stamp, Puckering (C35 T77 C78 ); T.Lynch, Hough, Fewlass, Ruff ( T24 ), Payne ( T37 ), Barron.

Subs; Murray, Pocklington, Krebbs, Stoker, Condren, Jones, Hodgson

Ref Jamie Bloem.

Knights dominated first 20 minutes despite what looked like a serious injury to winger Ben Dent when he chased a kick through and collided with a steeplechase hurdle behind the dead ball line. Thunder then came back into it and scored three tries, two down York's defensive right including a cracker from Jason Payne. Lee Patterson replied on the break as Condren lost control of the ball to give the returning loose forward an easy touchdown.

After the break, with the introduction of the Hardcastle brothers, the Knights drew clear with tries from Jake Joynt, Jack Lee and Curtis MacDonald - the latter after a beautifully weighted and directed kick from Benn Hardcastle, Hardcastle converting all three.

Thunder managed a late riposte when the lively Carl Puckering intercepted a Patterson pass.

Matty Barron suffered an AC joint injury during the game for Thunder.

YCK 30 Gateshead Thunder 20

Knights MOM - Ry Mallinder ( officially given to Lee Patterson )

Thunder MOM - Carl Puckering

Att; 402

Some good performances from the youngsters today , thought Ry Mallinder , Greg Minikin & Jake Joynt went well & Harry carter looked lively when he was on , decent effort all round , looking forward to seeing the actual 1st team have a run out soon

Some good performances from the youngsters today , thought Ry Mallinder , Greg Minikin & Jake Joynt went well & Harry carter looked lively when he was on , decent effort all round , looking forward to seeing the actual 1st team have a run out soon

Agree 100% with that - Ben Crane looked good also, Press today says Ben Dent needed

11 stitches in his leg but no break thankfully, out for about 3 weeks so should be ok for

the league games

seen bens injury via mobile picture , very deep and nasty injury

Glad to hear no more than a few stitches ,

Fair enough it was a horrible, cold day yesterday, but the club has listened to all the

supporters who winged about paying full price to get in & reduced it to £10 & £5 for

concessions, so its pay back time now so hope to see a lot more there against Sheffield

Enjoyed yesterdays game even though weather was bad, we made some noise enjoyed ourselves in our 1st game under stanley gene, nice to have some castleford and oldham fans there to support us we very good friends with them, york have some very good players, we had alot making there debuts and i was impressed with how we played will be a competitive league this season.

Very nasty indeed - there should be a lawyer attached to that case. But... unless Ben's given his permission to post that, it's abit of an invasion of privacy mate.

Very nasty indeed - there should be a lawyer attached to that case. But... unless Ben's given his permission to post that, it's abit of an invasion of privacy mate.

If he's posted it on facebook or twitter then strictly speaking its fair game, unless he owns the copyright to it...!

The sooner all players know this the better too. Not just for gory injuries, but for everything.

Fair enough it was a horrible, cold day yesterday, but the club has listened to all the

supporters who winged about paying full price to get in & reduced it to £10 & £5 for

concessions, so its pay back time now so hope to see a lot more there against Sheffield

I agree their Shades but it's a bit pointless if it doesn't get publicised. My neighbour asked me how much it was to get in and I told him it has always been full whack for friendlies unless you bought those advance tickets they were selling last year. I'd looked in the Press, on the forum and on the club site but saw nothing about it. In fact the club site still had last years fixture list on it! There's always a chance I missed it somewhere but as far as I was concerned I thought someone was trying to keep it a secret!

A good result for the young lads anyway especially in the conditions. It says a lot for the drainage on the pitch when you saw how much rain we'd had and how many other games were off.

I agree their Shades but it's a bit pointless if it doesn't get publicised. My neighbour asked me how much it was to get in and I told him it has always been full whack for friendlies unless you bought those advance tickets they were selling last year. I'd looked in the Press, on the forum and on the club site but saw nothing about it. In fact the club site still had last years fixture list on it! There's always a chance I missed it somewhere but as far as I was concerned I thought someone was trying to keep it a secret!

A good result for the young lads anyway especially in the conditions. It says a lot for the drainage on the pitch when you saw how much rain we'd had and how many other games were off.

Totally agree - if you don't do twitter nowadays it seems like you get left behind

info wise - we are vp's so it didn't affect us, but would have put it on here if I had

known or realised

Ticket prices were definitely in the Press mate.

Hopefully the brand new website will be up and running by the end of the week too, certainly before the next game anyway!

Ticket prices were definitely in the Press mate.

Hopefully the brand new website will be up and running by the end of the week too, certainly before the next game anyway!

I've just looked at all the copies of last weeks Press and I can't see it mentioned anywhere Gav. It must have been tucked away somewhere.