Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King Of Leon

got told its GF winner that goes up

29 posts in this topic

a bit barmy to me, you can win 20 out of 20 finish top by 10 points then be 5 points ahead in a play off game until the last min, get beat by an injury time try and not get promoted...crazy

a bit barmy to me, you can win 20 out of 20 finish top by 10 points then be 5 points ahead in a play off game until the last min, get beat by an injury time try and not get promoted...crazy

you may as well take it steady all year then go for it in the playoffs, the crazy RFL do it again

Agree with you guys totally, but my understanding that this is for this season only, due to number changes above. Next year is two up, league winner and GF winner.  Can see you guys winning lge by long way anyway, so hope for your sake worst case scenario does not happen. Obviously I want us (All Golds) to go up but can not see it happening!

I just look forward to visiting a lot of new places and enjoying the away days results will take care of themselves

Seems a bit crazy so better win the play offs. The only good thing is that you can see the final and the presentation afterwards.

Old news-- put this on the Forum about 2 weeks ago when I asked the question-- why bother with the league games ? -- just have a knockout competition about August.

Full details not yet known, but it could be that the league winners go straight into the Gran Final, also how many teams would be involved in the play offs. ?

Old news-- put this on the Forum about 2 weeks ago when I asked the question-- why bother with the league games ? -- just have a knockout competition about August.

Full details not yet known, but it could be that the league winners go straight into the Gran Final, also how many teams would be involved in the play offs. ?

Do you want to finish top then? if you have to wait perhaps 3/4 weeks to play in the final while your opponents have played each week it puts you at a big disadvantage IMO. Of course the other way is you can easily get knocked out. Why can't the RFL keep it simple, top goes up!

that would be too easy league leaders going up in the eyes of the muppets who clearly havnt got a clue how to run a pi.ss up in a brewery

total joke up at red hall.

but by end season that might have changed again and no promotion at all. who knows they dont do they the useless sh.its

:angry:

that would be too easy league leaders going up in the eyes of the muppets who clearly havnt got a clue how to run a pi.ss up in a brewery

total joke up at red hall. Well said John. They will change the rules to make sure London don't go down

but by end season that might have changed again and no promotion at all. who knows they dont do they the useless sh.its

:angry:

Since when do the administrators of just about every sport use common sense? If there is an obvious easy way or a complicated, supporter displeasing way then this is the one they always choose.

Strictly speaking, promotion via the GF is the 'fairest' way of doing it, because of the uneven league fixture lists.

I completely understand the frustration though.

Strictly speaking, promotion via the GF is the 'fairest' way of doing it, because of the uneven league fixture lists.

I completely understand the frustration though.

It's great for york!!! we could get a few injurys before the grand final, then have a very off day and york have a very good day. Then you might have a chance of promotion

It's great for york!!! we could get a few injurys before the grand final, then have a very off day and york have a very good day. Then you might have a chance of promotion

The same could happen the other way round too mate. I wasn't being biased, just saying what the reasoning behind the decision was.

Last year we, Oldham, were second by a clear nine points. Lost in the final. That's the way it can go and We had to wait nearly a month without a game before the play offs.

Not a big deal for me to be honest if we are good enough to be top of the league then we should be good enough to win the GF either way am looking forward to the season

Not a big deal for me to be honest if we are good enough to be top of the league then we should be good enough to win the GF either way am looking forward to the season

Try telling Fev fans that James , top of league should warrant promotion in my eyes..............

True mate I just don't want to get sucked in to think it is a given that we will finish top just going to take each result as it comes

Try telling Fev fans that James , top of league should warrant promotion in my eyes..............

and mine. The only positive about all of this is at least everyone knows where they stand before a ball is kicked.

Yes but the club that was top of the league got promoted and didn't have to appear in the play offs.

yes but, two got promoted and we were the highest placed team in the play offs!

it's not rocket science. hunslet have 2 home games against york which means it's an unbalenced league, hence a play off is the right call

it will not be as easy as some of you think in championship 1 there are some good teams in there do not under estimate them

it will not be as easy as some of you think in championship 1 there are some good teams in there do not under estimate them

Spot on - think some people are getting a bit carried away, but I'm happy with that

Spot on - think some people are getting a bit carried away, but I'm happy with that

Thought you lot were gonna get play offs last year. Now thats getting carried away

it's not rocket science. hunslet have 2 home games against york which means it's an unbalenced league, hence a play off is the right call

Your bound to be happy with play off scenario cause theres no way you'd be winning league with the squad youve got. Like I said earlier if we get loads of injurys, have a really bad day and your lot have an amazing day then you might pull off a shock and beat us