Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcc

Man of Steel 2014

37 posts in this topic

For the past few years the man of steel betting has been between Sam Tomkins and Kevin Sinfield (for me anyway) but with Tomkins gone and 'Sir Kev' not having his best season last year who do you think will be the favourite this season?

Odds: http://www.rlbet.co.uk/clubs/super-league/super-league-man-of-steel-odds

Some strange choices to be ranking so high in Lomax and Lance Hohaia. If Luke Walsh can produce last years form he will be in which a shout

Lomax I can understand, before geting injured he was absolutely outstanding at full back. This year he's had a full off-season to train in that position so I do think he will be one of Saints main attacking threats this year along with Roby & Walsh.

But Hiho ???? I'm not even sure he will get a starting spot every week so his odds are a bit puzzling (unless the bookies have a direct line to Nathan Brown and know something the rest of us dont)

I went for Sir Kev last season, so I think I'll plump for O'Loughlin this season.

joe mellor. to kick on from last season and get the international spot he deserves.

Danny Kirmond.

Currently 66/1. He certainly lives up to what I would vote for but would probably need to be at a 'bigger' club to have a chance

joe mellor. to kick on from last season and get the international spot he deserves.

He was outstanding against Leeds at Headingley. If he can get to that level constantly he could be a godsend for England

If Gareth Ellis can find his West Tigers form and avoid injuries then he is definitely in with a shout. If O'Loughlin plays the full season he must be up there as well.

I would be surprised if Wigan played lockers enough for him to be mos, but I think he'll be the best player in the competition.

:D

Is Joe Mellor a family member or do you just have a man crush on him ?

I dont think there's a week goes bye when you dont post some 'man love' remarks about him - your obsessed !

It gives the impression all you do is sit at home wearing nothing but a Widnes shirt with a box of tissues and a Joe Mellor Picture ;)

I dont think there's a week goes bye when you dont post some 'man love' remarks about him - your obsessed !

It gives the impression all you do is sit at home wearing nothing but a Widnes shirt with a box of tissues and a Joe Mellor Picture ;)

:huh:

You mean you don't?

:unsure:

:huh:

You mean you don't?

:unsure:

Naah my Joe Mellor picture and Widnes calander is kept at the bottom of the cat litter tray ;)

After its been used the picture reminds me of their team and the smell reminds me of their town ! :tongue:

If Hohia wins it he'll have to do a damn sight better than previous years he's barely SL quality never mind MOS. Top three, Lockers and Matty Smith are the best of the top ten (from the betting site linked before) for me.

Edit- Matty smith as an outside chance btw.

Interesting that Saints have 4 of the top 10 - including their two halves, the fullback and the hooker.

Does this now mean that they have a class spine and they will be genuine contenders for winning something again?

All that said , I like Joe Mellor. I would be happy to see him at Giants.

Interesting that Saints have 4 of the top 10 - including their two halves, the fullback and the hooker.

Does this now mean that they have a class spine and they will be genuine contenders for winning something again?

It makes no sense.

They could upset the big clubs on their day though.

It makes no sense.

They could upset the big clubs on their day though.

Unfortunately, as with most things like this we get very little real debate around emerging stars apart from really basic stuff from Sky. 

There are no in depth features or analysis about players and the strengths and qualities they bring to a team. I often find that is one of the reasons we often get a same-old same-old feel to the Dream Team's as certain players just retain their place almost by default.

There is no story leading up to the season around players who can make a big difference this year, and tbh this list backs that up. The names in there are rather uninspiring tbh.

Maybe this will change in the coming weeks with the season launch, but I'd love to see a push on promoting and pushing a new breed of stars in the game, there is some real exciting talent.

Unfortunately, as with most things like this we get very little real debate around emerging stars apart from really basic stuff from Sky.

There are no in depth features or analysis about players and the strengths and qualities they bring to a team. I often find that is one of the reasons we often get a same-old same-old feel to the Dream Team's as certain players just retain their place almost by default.

There is no story leading up to the season around players who can make a big difference this year, and tbh this list backs that up. The names in there are rather uninspiring tbh.

Maybe this will change in the coming weeks with the season launch, but I'd love to see a push on promoting and pushing a new breed of stars in the game, there is some real exciting talent.

I agree it's quite frustrating really.

The analysis on SKY for football games is very interesting to watch. It analyzes the game in depth massively using the technology we have at our disposal very well.

Before RL games we get a half an hour build up to a big game if we are lucky, which consists of a 5 minute rant from Stevo we have already heard, they pick out two vital players in a game don't explain why they are important apart from a few cliches and then show clips of them performing which aren't exactly relevant to what he brings to the side.

I wish there was more to the build up by SKY.

Naah my Joe Mellor picture and Widnes calander is kept at the bottom of the cat litter tray ;)

After its been used the picture reminds me of their team and the smell reminds me of their town ! :tongue:

joey certainly tore your pile of apart at langtree park las season.

lance hohaia is just about the worst import of the past 10 years, how on earth he is in the top 10 is beyond me......same with walsh and lomax. both overrated stains players.

Lomax I can understand, before geting injured he was absolutely outstanding at full back. This year he's had a full off-season to train in that position so I do think he will be one of Saints main attacking threats this year along with Roby & Walsh.

But Hiho ???? I'm not even sure he will get a starting spot every week so his odds are a bit puzzling (unless the bookies have a direct line to Nathan Brown and know something the rest of us dont)

you are taking the ######, roby apart all the stains players are grossly overrated..........

you are taking the ######, roby apart all the stains players are grossly overrated..........

They still finished 5 places above Widnes and have a points difference of 288 better than Widnes.

Surely a team with Joe Mellor in it would surely finish above a squad with 24 overrated players and James Roby?