Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Whitley

Schoey tips Bradford and London for the drop

74 posts in this topic

Readers of League Express may have already seen this, but here's what our outspoken columnist - and former GB star - Garry Schofield thinks the bottom half of the 2014 Super League table will look like: http://www.totalrl.com/web/super-league-2014-favourites-relegation/

Do you agree or disagree with his predictions?

always said that schoey spoke sense........

Thats got to be a confidence boost for both London and Bradford IMO.

Their off-field issues will outweigh what talent they do have on the pitch.

The key phrase for me, and I can understand why the on field and off field issues can't completely be seperated. If it was purely on field I'd think we'd be fine as it stands with a similar sort of season to last year, but who knows what the next few months will hold.

If London stay up it'll be genuienly one of the most impressive "against all odds" stories in modern sport IMO.

For some reason I don't think London will finish in the bottom two this season. What will be come of them though I've no idea.

I hope they stay up just out of spite. I'm sure he's rubbing his hands with glee over the idea of London getting relegated

Either London and Bradford or London and Wakefield. It's not really a bold call, is it?

Predicting London and Wakefield isn't going to grab much attention. Throw Bradford in there and it gets tongues wagging. Much like Clarke's prediction of Salford winning Super League, it's designed to stimulate debate.

Wakey and Cas for the drop for mine

One of the two maybe, not both. London are nailed on for one spot.

London to call Disney because they are a Mickey Mouse outfit?

With the amount of money Disney can afford to throw away on #### films like The Lone Ranger, they should be so lucky.

Agree with everything Schofield says about London.

But I hope they prove him wrong.

Who cares what Big Fat Garry Schofield thinks anyway?

As a pundit he is useless, but as a motivator of the teams he rubbishes, he is without equal.

Agree with everything Schofield says about London.

But I hope they prove him wrong.

Ditto!

Who cares what Big Fat Garry Schofield thinks anyway?

As a pundit he is useless, but as a motivator of the teams he rubbishes, he is without equal.

As a pundit he is usually correct.

That is what is so maddening about him.

The key phrase for me, and I can understand why the on field and off field issues can't completely be seperated. If it was purely on field I'd think we'd be fine as it stands with a similar sort of season to last year, but who knows what the next few months will hold.

Have to agree, having not paid vast amounts of attention to the squad, and having heard all the doom and gloom of the off season, I was surprised when I had a look at the team and cant see the Bulls finishing bottom two with the squad they have. That's on the basis that the off field matters don't affect the team too much.

Have to agree, having not paid vast amounts of attention to the squad, and having heard all the doom and gloom of the off season, I was surprised when I had a look at the team and cant see the Bulls finishing bottom two with the squad they have. That's on the basis that the off field matters don't affect the team too much.

We're definitely a prop short and a little thin on experience outside the top 20 or so. Although we are rumoured to be linked with PNG's Mark Mexico but visa issues are apparently holding him up.

As a pundit he is usually correct.

That is what is so maddening about him.

Is he?

Maybe you should ask Andy Farrell's opinion?

I have the feeling he never watches Bulls, every revue of them he only mentions Gale. As usual at the end of the season revue he stated Bulls only had Gale, unfortunately Gale was absent due to injury when Bulls had their good run, and when Gale came back it was clear he wasn't fully fit. I note in his final revue he reckons Hull should have signed Gale. I find Millward's revue are much better balanced, I have yet to see Schofield's predictions that correct.

Yeah, I would say that Gale was pretty underwhelming for us last year and we certainly played better without him so the constant praise from Gary Schofield of him in last year was a bit off -I'd say Danny Addy was a better half than him in 2013.

Hoping for better things this year though from Gale - I know it's only a friendly but against Hull last week was probably his best game in a Bulls shirt. Let's hope he can do it when it counts as he has the talent, but IMO he's yet to prove it at Odsal.

Is he?

Maybe you should ask Andy Farrell's opinion?

Andy didn't like being criticised by Garry.

But then, which player does?

Can't see anything other than London being relegated, although I think they will give it 100% and be competitive against the lower placed clubs.  For the good of the game in the South I hope the people of Barnet take to RL, but if not I would like to see future efforts being concentrated on the Skolars rather than flogging a dead horse (or Bronco ;) ).

The other relegated team will come from Wakey, Cas & Bradford.  All have a first 17 that could push them up near the top eight, but none have any strengh in depth to cover injuries.  If I have to put my neck on the block I'd go for Wakefield.

Garry Schofield is entitled to his opinion and the rest of us are entitled to ignore it.

Garry Schofield   predicts zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Andy didn't like being criticised by Garry.

But then, which player does?

If I recall correctly, Andy stuffed Garry's prediction/criticism right where the sun doesn't shine.