Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

Doncaster (H)

59 posts in this topic

I understand that for this match only the North Stand will be open. What is the capacity of this stand and will entry be limited to just this number?

I think the capacity for the seating is around 900 to 1,000. Can't see a big crowd for a friendly so think the stand will be enough. Worth noting admission is only 10 in, 7 oap and free for under 16s. Roll on the season propper, that's all I say! :)

I hope to be there, just to see if Donny can give us a game! This is assuming GM sticks with the same team as last week.

If you're right DTID that would be a pleasant surprise. I always had the impression that the capacity was no greater than 600, particularly when all of the freebies are taken into account.

Is this game on Sunday? Might spend a tenner to cheer donny onto victory ;)

Is this game on Sunday? Might spend a tenner to cheer donny onto victory ;)

Fair enough - many of us did the same at your place in April '94.

:tongue:

Personally can't see a gate of no more than 5-600 anyway considering its a friendly, hence only 1 stand opening . The league match with donny, although was played on a Thursday night only got a crowd just short of 800 and can't see it topping that. Don't realy enjoy sitting personally, but I can see why the club have done this. I thought the club should of done this for the challenge cup 3 rd round match against the amatuers last season as the crowd was always going to be the lowest of the year.

Saying on Dons Twitter the game has been cancelled, the pitch is waterlogged.

Yeh just seen it now waterlogged pitch makes sense really it would of been in a mess for featherstone game otherwise it would of been on if it was a league game.

We would like to officially confirm that Sunday's game with Doncaster has been postponed. While the pitch is currently playable it is very soft indeed and with further rain forecast over the next two days it is likely to be waterlogged. Both clubs therefore agreed to make the early decision to call the game off. Because it is a warm up fixture it will not be re-arranged.

We are trying to set up a new fixture for next weekend and further details will be announced in due course.

We are trying to set up a new fixture for next weekend and further details will be announced in due course.

I've heard Hull Ladies are free that weekend and willing to give Dewsbury 10 start to make it competitive :spruceup:

We may have a SL team as replacement

Another easy win then ;)

Bit early I think, our weather can change so easily. Bet no game is arranged for next week. Spoiled my Sunday now!

Sounds like we are trying to get a game with Castleford for Saturday 8th Feb.

Piggy's mate you spend more time on this forum then you do your own I think you might becoming a secret Dewsbury fan wait till I tell the batley lads haha :)

Piggy's mate, on 31 Jan 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

I've heard Hull Ladies are free that weekend and willing to give Dewsbury 10 start to make it competitive :spruceup:

Harder lads than Dewsbury's current crop wouldn't want to take on Hull ladies - nearly as fearsome as Wilton women's circle.

Bit early I think, our weather can change so easily. Bet no game is arranged for next week. Spoiled my Sunday now!

Now be nice and say thank you.

Not to nit pick

But!!

And we all know piggy has a hard spot( well it's not much bigger) for a "BUT"

Game called off Friday waterlogged pitch (which after walking thru Earlsheaton park I can understand) but since the declaration of this fact it's hardly rained and another friendly planned for next Saturday where more torrential rain is forecast

not only is the game not on a usual matches... But a Saturday night where if anything is booked the royal suite would be unavailable..

We have now to put our lives on hold, change our plans and brace ourselves

That at any moment of any minute or any hour this week... The game could be called off also if played the field could be ruined for the Featherstone match

Wasn't this the reason the Doncaster game was called off???

To save the pitch???

Just find it a odd decision

;)

Coolie if the Rams arranged to play the Rhinos in your back garden whilst you were waited on hand and foot by a dozen fair maidens you'd still complain about summat! Face it your getting old and turning into a miserable old git!

Coolie if the Rams arranged to play the Rhinos in your back garden whilst you were waited on hand and foot by a dozen fair maidens you'd still complain about summat! Face it your getting old and turning into a miserable old git!

Mi gardens waterlogged mate ;)

:)

Mi gardens waterlogged mate ;)

:)

Our pitch is water-logged but Mount Unpleasant has a lake at the bottom of theirs  :onthequiet: