Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Premier Sports Goodwill gesture to RL fans

9 posts in this topic

Just rang premier sports to cancel as they no longer show the championship games, and have been offered the channel for £3.99 a month to stay as a goodwill gesture - so now get the NRL games for less than half price.

If anyone is staying with them just for the NRL make sure you ring to cancel on the grounds they arent showing championship games and you should get offered the reduced rate.

Just done it.. nice heads up. £3.99 till April and can then evaluate the subscription again.

Cheers buford, just done the same. Monies saved. Everyone needs to follow to show a sign of strength.

Still free on Virgin at least until the end of February.

I think they are getting a few calls, went straight into a speech about the NRL when I went to cancel.  (TBH I only got it for the world cup and was going to cancel anyway before the Championship was dropped).

I cancelled this morning too but just missed the payment anniversary so will have it until after the nines which is nice.

Declined their special offer, there is only so much Rugby you can watch. Signed on for Sky sports again though. Must say sky's website is sweet, move the slider against the channel you want and it's ready to watch in minutes.

Standard Premier Sports procedure I think to offer potential cancellations £3.99 a month for three months.  I subscribed for the minimum 2 months specially for the NRL/Championship Grand Finals and of course the World Cup and was offered this deal when I called to cancel back in November. The female call handler actually got a little shirty with me when I flat refused the offer and whisper it quietly they never charged me for the second month!! 

This deal is still being offered and the operater almost sounded desperate that I didn't cancel fully.