Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Appleman

Kurt Haggerty Joins Leigh On Loan

83 posts in this topic

by the sounds of it I reckon kirt may have been tapped up without the club knowing of leighs interest in the player. this making leigh having to go by the rules of the rfl and barrow having them by the balls. murray  cant afford unrest in the camp at this close stage to starting the season. the club might have got a good deal for us but would like a bod statement with more details of how it went on as something doesn't sound right?

we kept away from duel reg last season to build a team of locals but bringing in four leigh players seems like a different approach this season.

Sorry Raiders fans but have just found out you guys are short on bodies and have subsequently re-visited a deal from the end of last year, apparently we (Leigh) wanted Kurt back and missed him earlier as he re-signed with you guys but now you need a more bodies on the ground and a deal has been struck.

Kurt wont play again for the Raiders again but Leigh can recall 1 player back of the 3 with relevant notice, Murray will wait until the season starts before he picks the 3rd player from Leigh, names mentioned were another second rower who has played Leigh 1st team for the last 3-4 years and or an Australian trialist Halfback.

Very disappointed to have lost one of our best best players from last season, but it appears Kurt was offered a contract he couldn't refuse with  a club who have Super League ambitions. Unfortunately Barrow can't compete with Leigh from a finiacial point of view .However I think Barrow could benefit from this deal, the 2 forwards that Barrow have got seem to ft the bill of what we require, if we can add an experienced half back and maybe a centre, then I believe we will have a squad that should be able to stay clear from the bottom 5.

Good luck Kurt & of course Anthony Murray.

Up the Raiders, and as Keith Nutter always says the future is bright (as long as we get the bloody floodlights up) the future is blue and white.

righto one I do like the sound of is that Joe Bullock actually is a centre so maybe we can utilise him there as I still think we are weak there

righto one I do like the sound of is that Joe Bullock actually is a centre so maybe we can utilise him there as I still think we are weak there

Joe came to Leigh as a winger (from Wigan)but moved to the 2nd row. He is still 'raw' but with (IMO) bags of potential. Hopefully you will benefit from this deal, in that any players Leigh send to you (with Murray's approval of course) will be busting a gut to show Leigh what they are missing. If they under-perform, they are not going to do themselves any favours.

One thing we should be unhappy about with this deal is that Leigh CAN recall players but we CANNOT recall Kurt ... sorry but how can this be right and fair ? What works one way should work the same in return !!!!!

It's because Leigh say jump and Barrow say how high. If they were that desperate to get Haggerty Barrow should have tried getting Wilkes or Emmit in exchange, someone with a bit of go forward.

It's because Leigh say jump and Barrow say how high. If they were that desperate to get Haggerty Barrow should have tried getting Wilkes or Emmit in exchange, someone with a bit of go forward.

must admit it does look a little like that to me as well mate !

Like I said before the two we have on loan did look a good combo but to be able to recall at any time is a poor show and appears to be not good business !

Hi Barrow fans

I am a Big Leigh fan and would like to say you have got the better deal imo

Briscoe is a 100%'er who will tackle all day and has plenty experience of first team over the last 3 years and is still only 21, he will go well for you

Bullock will be first team shoe in for us next season, and for me this as well - he is much better than Haggerty again imo, having seen Haggerty come through our academy to first team I believe he is too small to go further and will not get into the 17

Young Rowe is quality but needs game time, he was always slightly built but has bulked up, and again I would have preferred him at Leigh before Haggerty

So in summary I cant believe we have agreed to this and hope Bullock is recalled soon

Financially we have been through the mill recently, but not at the level you guys have. We almost went pop last year when our new owner paid the players, and lead a takeover whilst fighting off a winding up order from HMRC that came out of the cupboard ( ie it got paid)

The old board were like a scene from 'Waiting for God', the new one is vibrant, young, have a great skill set and have put money in over 3 years, and not as 'loans'. The sponsorship is the best/highest we have ever had and season tickets are massively up also.

We are located in the middle of some great SL clubs and are not far away from most players that become available, our facilities at LSV are also better than most SL clubs - this will always be the challenge facing the Cumbrian clubs

I hope you make the 9 this year, I genuinely like Barrows fans and hope the transaction will help you and Anthony. I also hope I am wrong about Kurt

Who is now carrying out barrows Finances since keith Holt ?

Wrong thread I think

I was told yesterday Leigh can only recall one of the four players at any one time . Is this true ?

Right thread, just thought the its possible that the spend for players has over stretched the business plan.  Who ever the financial officer is could maybe confirm ?

Hi Barrow fans

I am a Big Leigh fan and would like to say you have got the better deal imo

Briscoe is a 100%'er who will tackle all day and has plenty experience of first team over the last 3 years and is still only 21, he will go well for you

Bullock will be first team shoe in for us next season, and for me this as well - he is much better than Haggerty again imo, having seen Haggerty come through our academy to first team I believe he is too small to go further and will not get into the 17

Young Rowe is quality but needs game time, he was always slightly built but has bulked up, and again I would have preferred him at Leigh before Haggerty

So in summary I cant believe we have agreed to this and hope Bullock is recalled soon

Financially we have been through the mill recently, but not at the level you guys have. We almost went pop last year when our new owner paid the players, and lead a takeover whilst fighting off a winding up order from HMRC that came out of the cupboard ( ie it got paid)

The old board were like a scene from 'Waiting for God', the new one is vibrant, young, have a great skill set and have put money in over 3 years, and not as 'loans'. The sponsorship is the best/highest we have ever had and season tickets are massively up also.

We are located in the middle of some great SL clubs and are not far away from most players that become available, our facilities at LSV are also better than most SL clubs - this will always be the challenge facing the Cumbrian clubs

I hope you make the 9 this year, I genuinely like Barrows fans and hope the transaction will help you and Anthony. I also hope I am wrong about Kurt

Couldn't disagree more.

Haggerty is in the top 5 maybe top 3 second rowers in the league. If him and Liam Harrison were not playing last year our away games this season would be much further South this year. Most Barrow fans will probably agree with that.

It's obvious why they have been offloaded to us by Leigh, they were surplus and not going to get into the first team. You can just generally tell they were not in the first team plans for Leigh, they are young and probably wouldn't reach 10 games for them each this season.

I'm not saying they are bad players, but they are the opposite of what Barrow need. They will tackle hard and run hard but that's about it. We've got plenty of those in our squad, Haggerty wasn't one of those. He had the ability to make a break or draw players in and put his team mates through a hole. There isn't a better ball handling second rower in the league.

The Leigh BOD must be laughing. We give some of their fringe players some game time and experience to keep them happy, in return for our best maybe second best player. What happens then is these young lads have 20 games under their belts at Championship which they wouldn't have if they were at Leigh, Haggertys contract runs out after the loan spell and is able to sign on a free transfer, the Leigh lads return in preparation for next year and Barrow now have to sign 4 players to make up for the missing players from last year's squad they no longer have.

We've got the better end of the deal? Seriously?

Right thread, just thought the its possible that the spend for players has over stretched the business plan. Who ever the financial officer is could maybe confirm ?

Wrong thread

Wrong thread

I agree this thread is about our joint best player; along with Harrison; from last season leaving our club to join Leigh. We haven't heard anything from D11 for months then he suddenly re-appears with the predictable finance card.

Why don't you bother commenting about this thread or mention yesterday's performance on the field, or do you not bother attending anymore. 

I agree this thread is about our joint best player; along with Harrison; from last season leaving our club to join Leigh. We haven't heard anything from D11 for months then he suddenly re-appears with the predictable finance card.

Why don't you bother commenting about this thread or mention yesterday's performance on the field, or do you not bother attending anymore. 

Why come out with a comment like that Richie ?  If I and others didn't bother in 2011 then you might not be watching Barrow at all.  The people behind the scenes are the key to the future success and I note many on this thread have questioned the reasons in Kurt going. My question simply asks is it in connection with salary costs which is of course finance related and a topic I know all about especially of what the club needs to survive. The club may need to off load one player to afford more numbers in the team.

My question will no doubt go unanswered as does most questions but again who is now running the finances and is the deal connected with salary.

The club may need to off load one player to afford more.

If this is the case why would they wait until 2 weeks before the start of the season? You need to stop stirring, its getting boring.

There is no point in trying to explain if you don't understand and your not interested.  :tongue:

Thanks Gary, Answers all questions  but I cannot read any conspiracy on this thread just usual mumbling from questions asked  :bb:

I heard Kurt on the grassy knoll when Kennedy was shot and that he is indeed from the planet Zod and landed in Area 51 as a baby :tongue:

Just read Keith's column for the NWEM, and I wish Kirt all the very best in the future.

There is no mention of any financial dispensation from Leigh for Kirt? Surly with a club like Leigh who now are in a position of sound finance the Barrow BoD proposed a fee ? If Leigh wanted him as bad as it looks they must be prepared to pay?