Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plug

rain rain

11 posts in this topic

hope this bleeding rain does'nt put sundays game at risk am really looking forward to this freindly with the bumper crowd expected for richards whiteing's testamonal but if anybody can get the pitch playable rob can fingers crossed

hope this bleeding rain does'nt put sundays game at risk am really looking forward to this freindly with the bumper crowd expected for richards whiteing's testamonal but if anybody can get the pitch playable rob can fingers crossed

Yes, but with plenty of help from the volunteers on this matter aswell

Does anyone know how bad it actually is at the moment and can it stand anymore rain see Dewsbury match already cancelled

Does anyone know how bad it actually is at the moment and can it stand anymore rain see Dewsbury match already cancelled

I surmise the pitch will be very soft at the moment, too many people panicking over weather

It is very much down to the weather. Rob and helpers working long hours trying to make sure as much as poss that ptich is playable. There is to be an update of equipment to assist with this kind of situation I understand. If it is off it won't br for the want of trying to get it playable.. 

Just had a word with Rob. Countless gallons of water pumped from the pitch by him and helpers and he has also forked it well. In his opinion the game is definely ON. Cheers.

where would we be without Rob Smith. top man.

For the record Rob had help and he went to each person and thanked them individually. A recent trip shows that quite a few clubs have four or five ground staff as well as helpers. I say a big thank you to all involved and keep up the good work Rob. I reckon Bastian is a very good guiding influence in all quarters.