Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazmeister

Hunslet72

92 posts in this topic

Who pays his wages????? Them over the river or hunslet??? He should coach the team who pay his wages. SIMPLES!!!!

Mr Eaton is Hunslet's coach and as far as I know spends as much time with the players as he did previously. Don't forget that our players are part time and are only down at the club  on certain days unlike the full time Leeds players who no doubt are at Headingley or wherever they train most days of the week. I think it's great that our coach has been given the opportunity to give input and himself learn from what is undoubtedly one of the best coaching set-ups in British Rugby League.

As for embarrassing ourselves, IMO there's nothing more embarrassing than being sat amongst 30 or 40 middle to old age men sat on the top deck singing about when they were little boys, who should they support and fetching their father's gun, now that is embarrassing, we haven't been competitive with Leeds for donkeys years and when we were we didn't feel the need to chant stupid, adapted football songs.

Mr Eaton is Hunslet's coach and as far as I know spends as much time with the players as he did previously. Don't forget that our players are part time and are only down at the club on certain days unlike the full time Leeds players who no doubt are at Headingley or wherever they train most days of the week. I think it's great that our coach has been given the opportunity to give input and himself learn from what is undoubtedly one of the best coaching set-ups in British Rugby League.

As for embarrassing ourselves, IMO there's nothing more embarrassing than being sat amongst 30 or 40 middle to old age men sat on the top deck singing about when they were little boys, who should they support and fetching their father's gun, now that is embarrassing, we haven't been competitive with Leeds for donkeys years and when we were we didn't feel the need to chant stupid, adapted football songs.

Hahaha that answers my question perfectly. You'll be asking to change our kit to blue and amber next.

Hahaha that answers my question perfectly. You'll be asking to change our kit to blue and amber next.

Why? because I believe it's a good idea when people are open to new ideas and furthering their career or because I think it's embarrassing and stupid for 30 or 40 men of an age when they really should have grown up and learned better than to sing a banal ditty that in todays game has no meaning or relevance. Blue and Amber, never , quite happy with Myrtle, Flame and White thank you very much.

Mr Eaton is Hunslet's coach and as far as I know spends as much time with the players as he did previously. Don't forget that our players are part time and are only down at the club on certain days unlike the full time Leeds players who no doubt are at Headingley or wherever they train most days of the week. I think it's great that our coach has been given the opportunity to give input and himself learn from what is undoubtedly one of the best coaching set-ups in British Rugby League.

As for embarrassing ourselves, IMO there's nothing more embarrassing than being sat amongst 30 or 40 middle to old age men sat on the top deck singing about when they were little boys, who should they support and fetching their father's gun, now that is embarrassing, we haven't been competitive with Leeds for donkeys years and when we were we didn't feel the need to chant stupid, adapted football songs.

fair enough you find it embarrassing. I find it embarrassing that you think you are still supporting the club you always have done

Why? because I believe it's a good idea when people are open to new ideas and furthering their career or because I think it's embarrassing and stupid for 30 or 40 men of an age when they really should have grown up and learned better than to sing a banal ditty that in todays game has no meaning or relevance. Blue and Amber, never , quite happy with Myrtle, Flame and White thank you very much.

No different to when the Leeds fans were singing about Sam Tomkins and James Graham then..........

No different to when the Leeds fans were singing about Sam Tomkins and James Graham then..........

Even worse booing him whilst playing for england....how dare they. On another of your points I wonder if leeds utd would let mc dermott go on holiday with man utd the week before the most important season in years was about to start

fair enough you find it embarrassing. I find it embarrassing that you think you are still supporting the club you always have done

No, the difference is I know and accept that the club I have supported all my life was on the verge of extinction with no new sponsors or sugar daddy waiting in the wings willing to bail us out. The club adapted and evolved, so have I.

Even worse booing him whilst playing for england....how dare they. On another of your points I wonder if leeds utd would let mc dermott go on holiday with man utd the week before the most important season in years was about to start

I don't know or care what LUFC may or may not allow their manager to do. After last weeks events at Elland Rd who does?

Every club have a minority of moronic fans.

No, the difference is I know and accept that the club I have supported all my life was on the verge of extinction with no new sponsors or sugar daddy waiting in the wings willing to bail us out. The club adapted and evolved, so have I.

adapted and evolved? Is that what they call in nowadays????????

A cult!!!

Does that include one of the directors because big only did he Chang the songs but also started fighting With the Fev fans. People don't see the whole picture walk round with you eyes shut. Now that's what I call disgusting

Every club have a minority of moronic fans.

Don't put yourself down Mr Moose.............

Moose don't bite not worth it just get on with supporting Hunslet I am

Til you get on facebook then your face changes

Yes, when because something through necessity in this case Hunslet RL changes its way of working and moves on, that's adapting and evolving. It's nothing new, it's always been called that.

Don't put yourself down Mr Moose.............

LOL, just you concentrate on keeping your Old Boys spectators in order Mr Blackbeard.

Moose don't bite not worth it just get on with supporting Hunslet I am

Thanks for the advice progman but it's only a debate nothings got out of hand, I think we all have a lot more in common than most people on here are prepared to accept. The main thing is we all want Hunslet to be successful and prosper, it's how we go about it that's the sticking point.

Yes, when because something through necessity in this case Hunslet RL changes its way of working and moves on, that's adapting and evolving. It's nothing new, it's always been called that.

thanks for clearing that up

Was rabbi evans at the game on sunday

Along with 800 more Happy fans who got there monies worth looking forward now to the York game and seeing some old friends in the bar cant wait

Along with 800 more Happy fans who got there monies worth looking forward now to the York game and seeing some old friends in the bar cant wait

Nice 1.

Nice 1.

Always a good atmosphere when the Knights fans come over Macca as you well know

LOL, just you concentrate on keeping your Old Boys spectators in order Mr Blackbeard.

Got a meeting tonight , about the 5000 fans that want to travel to Thornhill on Saturday , Tetleys have offered us 25 coaches but will that be enough me wonders.......... :sclerosis:

Always a good atmosphere when the Knights fans come over Macca as you well know

Yeah good bunch of lads at york. I'll be at that game. Thats 1 of the 2 games im attending