Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leedsdog

Dewsbury Press

33 posts in this topic

I'm not sure that venturing into religious quotations is too wise.  As Shakespeare said "the devil can cite the scriptures for his purpose".  Words can be misrepresented when taken out of context - and all religions provide many examples of that.   

I agree whole-heartedly. Which was the point I made to to the poster. It is a shame some never admit they are at fault or face the truth.

I agree whole-heartedly. Which was the point I made to to the poster. It is a shame some never admit they are at fault or face the truth.

Once more you only use words that suit your purpose. The quotation you use ends with the words "Verily he who represents my words wrongly shall find a place for himself in the fire" Rather silly of you.

Isn't google a wonderful thing ? :tongue: Admit it, you're just an internectual like me.

Isn't google a wonderful thing ? :tongue: Admit it, you're just an internectual like me.

Why, you old cynic GOR!  The only reference I made to any quotation was the line from "The Merchant of Venice", which I had drummed into me, along with a lot of other "pseudo-intellectual" stuff whilst doing my 'O' levels more years ago than I am prepared to admit.  Funny how much I remember from those days, when I often couldn't tell you what I was doing the day before yesterday. 

Why, you old cynic GOR!  The only reference I made to any quotation was the line from "The Merchant of Venice", which I had drummed into me, along with a lot of other "pseudo-intellectual" stuff whilst doing my 'O' levels more years ago than I am prepared to admit.  Funny how much I remember from those days, when I often couldn't tell you what I was doing the day before yesterday. 

Not directed at you doggy - after all, you are not pretending to be Shakespeare's best mate. ;)

You seem determined, as do others, to pass an opinion based on hearsay. You are entitled to sit in the visitors section of the court and hear all the evidence, you chose not to. You chose to pass a comment on something you know nothing about. This is your normal modus operandi and although it is acceptable to yourself it is not acceptable to most.

Lockwood v Ellis !

Hardly Kramer v Kramer.

Congratulations on concealing your "anti-lockwood" bias.

Don't you mean school certificates?

Don't you mean school certificates?

Thanks a lot BSJ!   As I'm certain you know, School Cert was replaced by O and A levels in 1951.  To have entered under the earlier system you would have to be about 80 now.  I'm not too far off, but I'm not quite there yet, how about you?

Thanks a lot BSJ!   As I'm certain you know, School Cert was replaced by O and A levels in 1951.  To have entered under the earlier system you would have to be about 80 now.  I'm not too far off, but I'm not quite there yet, how about you?

can't hear you, you'll have to speak up!