Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pennington

Oldham predictions

35 posts in this topic

im not sure the game will be a goer after the rain we have had today

I'll be surprised if it goes ahead.

We will probably win by 20 points IMO if it goes ahead. A game to test a few plays at have a hit out before the season. Won't tell us much about how well we will do this year, the gulf between CC and CC1 is bigger than it's ever been with the majority of Championship sides having teams which should put at least 40 points into teams from that division.

Ground was playable around 430pm . See what overnight brings but forecast looks good

Barrow by 30

MoM Harrison

Att 850

Does anyone know if there is going to be a pitch inspection today, if so what time?

Regards Penno

Well game on or off I'm on my way now. If the games off I will end up spending a couple of hours in the museum.

I'm looking forward to the game, on reflection I think the BOD have probably done a good deal with Leigh.

I'm a big fan of Kurt but 3 or 4 players with some experience at this level in exchange is good business.

Hello All,

My prediction's are:

The Mighty Barrow Raiders 28 Oldham Roughyed's 14.

The Attendance will be in the region of 921.

The Man of the Match will be Liam Harrison.

GOUDIE. :-)

16 - 6 at HT to barrow, took a while to get going.

We have the wind behind us second half, I'm gonna guess 38 - 12 FT.

16-6 FT.

We don't have much in attack it must be said. Our defence is pretty sound though.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the game today. I don't miss many.

Looking at the score it must be disappointing, particularly the 2nd half.

Which players performed well?

What was the gate?

Gate was 799.

Speakman played well, Morrison had a few good runs but that's about it.

The selling of Haggerty is still baffling me as now our right side attack is quite frankly non existent. Lowe will not miss a tackle all season but he isn't going to make a break. Danny Jones is pretty much the same and the same for Palmer. The two lads from Leigh didn't do anything wrong, but they aren't going to win us games. They are young squad players who should be coming into games to fill in for players when they are injured and that's about it.

We are probably 4 players at the level of Harrison/Haggerty to prevent us getting relegated.

We are solid in defence, but we won't win many games if we don't score tries.

Clueless sums up that performance, not enough experience in the side to get hold of it by the scruff of the neck. Liam Harrison was marked out of the game for the most part and went with it our main go forward. Oldham looked much sharper. If the big lad from Leigh can get a bit fitter he could be a real handful, yet I still don't understand the Haggerty decision at all.

Very strong in defence but couldn't reallyfinish it off in attack, not gonna start shouting the negatives only our 2nd game as a team so wasn't expecting much, thought the 2 new Leigh lads played well

Very strong in defence but couldn't reallyfinish it off in attack, not gonna start shouting the negatives only our 2nd game as a team so wasn't expecting much, thought the 2 new Leigh lads played well

I agree ! we looked really good in defence  but sadly we looked poor and lacked inventiveness when we attacked , I don't and wont read to much into friendlies as the team is only finding its feet , we've had a lot of new faces and will take time to gel so I believe things can only get better , I too thought leigh lads did well and I like the way morrison gets stuck in .

The defence is good when defending the try line however when defending further up the pitch today Oldham were making a lot of yards at times. Going forward they played like a bunch of individuals apart from the last 10 minutes of the first half.

What were the names of the Leigh lads that played?

Like the look of both of them but the dark haired lad was solid. In attack and defence.

Briscoe was the lad.