Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

07/02/14 - Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

141 posts in this topic

Normally most of the talking is the ref to the video controller so I suppose the new system has by passed it. Don't see why the video ref can't comment on what he's looking at though. "First thing I'll look at is the offside,that seems fine,so I'll check the grounding".

Yeah, the conversation isn't there between the ref and video controller anymore.

But like you say, he could still "commentate" on what he's doing. In fact, he'd have to anyway so the other ref in there knows what he's checking and whether he agrees.

Would be interesting if there's a dispute! Shame we wouldn't hear it.

Sarginson caught out there

Hope you don't mean for the last try? And Cudjoe has just been too good for Wigans left hand defence.

I do like the emphasis on the SL trophy in the graphics, by the way. The trophy is massively pushed in their football coverage. It's what you're playing for at the end of the day and should be a constant reminder. I'm saying all this yet I bet I've just completely missed it being used in previous years!

Thank God they've sorted out the microphone issue! Jon Wells looks like a WWE official ready to cut a promo!

I do like the emphasis on the SL trophy in the graphics, by the way. The trophy is massively pushed in their football coverage. It's what you're playing for at the end of the day and should be a constant reminder. I'm saying all this yet I bet I've just completely missed it being used in previous years!

It has been used a bit in previous years, maybe not as much. It is a new graphic this season though, first time it's been spruced up in a number of seasons. Looks good.

Hope you don't mean for the last try? And Cudjoe has just been too good for Wigans left hand defence.

my mistake, it was no 4, thornley i think who came in off the wing

It has been used a bit in previous years, maybe not as much. It is a new graphic this season though, first time it's been spruced up in a number of seasons. Looks good.

Shame they didn't make a new intro video. The robots are a bit boring!

There's some fantastic skills on show in this game. Really enjoying it! The video ref announcements are a bit NFL though, not sure if I like it just yet!

Huddersfield tackling is fierce! Great passing from both sides though. Bowen is looking a good replacement for Tomkins so far. Great try.

Sorry boys and girls, but I don't think this game is anything other than average.

Late and on the neck. Should have been off for that.

Could and probably should hav3 seen red for that.

Headline for League Express - "Bowen's Super Smashing Grates".

(I'll get my coat)

Brough and. Grix, the two best players on the park.

Wigan look totally bereft of firepower anywhere on the field!

Very poor decision making from Green and Sargison, the latter who had plenty of 1st half ball and never once considered passing to his winger.