Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absentee thoughtlord

Get in there, Marwan!

185 posts in this topic

I love Marwen - hope he has a brother

And if he does I know a Rugby League club down south he could take over. Please.....

The Good Doctor's a Top man in my my book - Vive la Red Revolution at Barton !

How's he getting on with marketing Salford?

over treble the season ticket sales. ....and thats on a promise!! Hopefully they will win their first game as that should keep the crowds coming back!

over treble the season ticket sales. ....and thats on a promise!! Hopefully they will win their first game as that should keep the crowds coming back!

Exactly. 

Exactly. Nobody's talking about them only him...

If you remember what Nobby says in a great deadpan response to Koukash then that would suit the club just fine. 

He will be first to walk and roll up another bradford bulls

Bradford Bulls have had the professional assistance of the RFL for the past couple of years.

They don't need him.

Do you have any views on what he said earlier today?

John Kear seems excited he has joined our sport.

He did give gushing praise to the set-up at Leigh Centurions,but did suggest that promotion was not going to be possible from The Championship.

Wasn't it the chairman at your club who put a message on the club website when the RFL 'pressured' them into quickly paying to HMRC what they were owed despite an earlier agreement?

Any reason you seem blighted by negative vibes?

I like him because he's manifestly playing the long game. He patently isn't a guy who's going to high-tail it out of Dodge at the first opportunity.

What he (and a great many others) have observed is that the sport is asphyxiated by lack of publicity. It's the root of the problem, and always has been. There are two ways to address that: (1) is to physically assault / harangue the media [something he kind of did today], and (2) buy recognition.

The latter is the biggest issue. In order to create a vibe, you need to guarantee something that gets you noticed (hence the SBW overtures). Quite frankly, if he could import publicity by buying the likes of Jonny Wilkinson, Courtney Lawes, and George North, he probably would (for all the good it would do). Problem is... the rules won't let him. And for that, British Rugby League is all the poorer and is in stasis.

And for "stasis" you can read "managed decline" if you like.

We;ve just had a very successful world cup and renegotiated upwards our Sky contract, if this is managed decline, I'd like some more please.

The good Dr is great. How bloody amateurish are the RFL, 24hrs to decide on an 8 year TV deal.

The clowns are running the circus

Spidey this is not true!

"Exactly. Nobody's talking about them only him... "

and if you look for something to be wrong long enough you'll find it!

Considering the sky deal is far more then the English Premiership get from BT I'm not sure how you work that out. They've also had to throw the right for European games in too.

Isn't the English Premiership tv rights ends in 2017 and I bet you their new deal from 2017 and beyond will be much more than the current Superleague deal signed by Sky for the same period.

Dr. Koukash was, of course, merely joking about wives and girlfriends. He was, however, making a serious and, in my view, correct point. For what it's worth he met his wife when they were in Liverpool and neither of them had much money. I find him to be an extraordinary charismatic and compelling figure. I've met him a few times and he remains compelling. I am sure he will be a tremendous asset for Rugby League and Salford in particular.

I would advise those who don't know the man not to leap to adverse judgement. He's the real deal.

The blokes gold! Much better than the rehearsed boredom other club officials spout. May even force the RFL to rethink their approach in certain areas.

Koukash on the TV deal: The RFL should have taken a gamble.

Koukash on the league structure: The RFL should not have taken a gamble.

Koukash on the TV deal: The RFL should have taken a gamble.

Koukash on the league structure: The RFL should not have taken a gamble.

He speaks his mind!  It's brilliant!  Something about shaking things up!

Give him the biggest job in the game. NOW.

The problem with Marvans analogy is that you have to assume you are the best looking bloke in town. He isn't and neither is RL.

He speaks his mind!  It's brilliant!  Something about shaking things up!

Give him the biggest job in the game. NOW.

Why because his ego is as big as his wallet?

When people are so easy with the blame, they aren't so easy taking responsibility.

Why because his ego is as big as his wallet?

When people are so easy with the blame, they aren't so easy taking responsibility.

I should have put <sarcasm> either side of that shouldn't I?

Well done Marwan, we should not accept the managed decline of our game for decades its been losing ground to other sports. Our game needs big players on and off the pitch otherwise you will just end up with a load of also rans in every department of the game.

To me it has always been a scandal that the RFL adminastraters get paid more than the stars of our game!!! They cement their positions on huge salarys whilst the game just about survives.

KEEP TELLING THEM MARWAN ITS THE ONLY WAY TO PUSH OUR GAME FORWARD!!!

The problem with Marvans analogy is that you have to assume you are the best looking bloke in town. He isn't and neither is RL.

Ive seen many an ugly man with a stunning woman though