Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnM

Oldest thing in regular use

29 posts in this topic

I still have my Rochdale Hornets scarf and 'bobble hat' from the mid 70s - the scarf got an outing at last year's final and regularly flaps from my car window on the way to away games.

Other than that I have a Garcia Mitchell 204 reel and a fishing brolly that I got when I passed my English O-Level in 1980 - both still in use.

I still have my Rochdale Hornets scarf and 'bobble hat' from the mid 70s - the scarf got an outing at last year's final and regularly flaps from my car window on the way to away games.

Other than that I have a Garcia Mitchell 204 reel and a fishing brolly that I got when I passed my English O-Level in 1980 - both still in use.

Back in the 70s my mam knitted me a Hull scarf, a proper black and white irregular one. It got nicked when I was a student in Turin.

Some ###### of a Juventus fan is probably still wearing it.

Back in the 70s my mam knitted me a Hull scarf, a proper black and white irregular one. It got nicked when I was a student in Turin.

Some ###### of a Juventus fan is probably still wearing it.

My 70's scarf and hat are both 'replacements' after me and my dad got jumped outside Hilton Park after a night match and I got my hat and scarf stolen - I was about 10 at the time. I still bear an absolute loathing for Leigh because of that.

My 70's scarf and hat are both 'replacements' after me and my dad got jumped outside Hilton Park after a night match and I got my hat and scarf stolen - I was about 10 at the time. I still bear an absolute loathing for Leigh because of that.

I think there must have been a spate of unsolved bobble hat thefts around that time. When I was about the same age on a visit to Castleford some scumbag swiped mine as they ran past down Wheldon Road.