Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Whitley

Hock slams 'coward' McNamara

60 posts in this topic

To get respect you have to earn it.

What does Hock think he did to get some.

You could say the same for Steve.

I think most people were amazed he was named in the squad, I don't know what his version of working hard is, but he was pretty poor for Widnes last season.

I'm still angry at him ruining our world cup chances...we needed him...he let everyone down. Never heard an apology.

“While Steve McNamara is still there I do not want to be part of the England team. I would not play for him again."

And here we have a very good reason for McNamara to remain England coach.

It surely can't be that hard to not drink for six weeks.

An alcoholic might disagree with you there.

Indeed, getting too drunk to get up in the morning in your per-tournement training camp is far less required. Hock's lack of self-awareness is remarkable.

There is always an excuse or someone else to blame in Hock's world. It's a never ending cycle and the lack of responsibility for his own actions is arguably the root of all his problems.

An alcoholic might disagree with you there.

An alcoholic would struggle for 6 hours.

You could say the same for Steve.

Why could you say the same. He didnt step out of line first. Hock only has himself to blame.

Not at all, I was simply reporting the facts. There is no purposeful angle on it. It is not right to impose your view on others, you tell readers what has happened and let them make up their own mind.

Fair enough, but their are many facts out there that could be reported. Of course not news worthy but a decision is made on the news worth of the story - that immediate means that the choice is made because their is an "angle". That also includes what additional snippets of information that are added to the story otherwise it would just be a sentence.   The choice or non choice of information helps slant a "angle", i.e. could have added the previous behaviours of the player to give the rounded view of that player and hence help the reader in how he makes his mind.

So not imposing your view directly is one thing but deciding what info is given or not given can also colour a view. That is of course the choice of the writer but a story is more than just a fact, which as I say could be written in a sentence.