Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sgt pepper

promotion announcement

24 posts in this topic

Are there any odds out there for who's fav to win C1 ? I think the Huns will walk it this season

Are there any odds out there for who's fav to win C1 ? I think the Huns will walk it this season

Was talking to a couple of mates after Sunday's game and they thought this year's team are better than last years in the Championship.  They thought this team could be a mid table Championship side.

I agree we lost some top players, but as playing as a team this team is gelling very well and the play/passing is much faster than last year it seems. 

Oldham looked very very useful last sunday at Craven Park ... dont count your chickens lads

Why the silence? nothing reported on any forums that I've read regarding yesterdays meeting. Is no news good news or...........not?

Play Off winners go straight up. £3.8m divvied up in the Championship in 2015 too.

This season just got a bit more tasty... ;)

Play Off winners go straight up. £3.8m divvied up in the Championship in 2015 too.

This season just got a bit more tasty... ;)

Under what format Gav...............

Under what format Gav...............

The Play-Offs? They didn't say mate. Wasn't it a 5 team series in Champ 1 last season?

The Play-Offs? They didn't say mate. Wasn't it a 5 team series in Champ 1 last season?

Could be a number of things , there was talk of 10th place champ team playing top of champ 1 , then like you say play offs , for me top should go up , this P+R is just a token from the RFL and Sky................

Could be a number of things , there was talk of 10th place champ team playing top of champ 1 , then like you say play offs , for me top should go up , this P+R is just a token from the RFL and Sky................

Top place can't go straight up this year though because of the uneven fixture list mate.

Thanks for the info  -- we are not been told anything even from Hunslet.--- would like to know how many teams in the play offs and what format.

Who voted for this ?

Thanks for the info -- we are not been told anything even from Hunslet.--- would like to know how many teams in the play offs and what format.

Who voted for this ?

last year it was a five team play off, 2nd to 6th. Top already being promoted. Guess this year it might be top five but don't quote me.

Thanks for the info -- we are not been told anything even from Hunslet.--- would like to know how many teams in the play offs and what format.

Who voted for this ?

maybe because its the rfl's job to announce what's happening.

People moan about rugby league being run by amateurs yet want clubs to leak info/put out press statements before the governing body has announced anything. Not to mention that putting any statement out the day of the first superleague game is just daft, it'd be hidden under all the match articles. Better to wait for the first game to be over, reports & reactions released and do the statement early next week where its more likely to be top news.

maybe because its the rfl's job to announce what's happening.

People moan about rugby league being run by amateurs yet want clubs to leak info/put out press statements before the governing body has announced anything. Not to mention that putting any statement out the day of the first superleague game is just daft, it'd be hidden under all the match articles. Better to wait for the first game to be over, reports & reactions released and do the statement early next week where its more likely to be top news.

And maybe because Hunslet's Director of Rugby Mr Williams on twitter said that things were looking positive and all was to play for we expected to hear before now more the sound of total silence. 

Just gonna enjoy each game this year and see where it takes us.the whole format of this division is ridiculous ,but I give up with organisers.

whatever the RFL say it will only a token gesture,they wouldnt know what truth is if belted em in the face.

you need that win attitude all the way through the season to get to the play offs then win the dam thing nothing else should be on our minds

Bit of info for you lot - not quite as far to travel - Blackwood is about 40 miles further down than Ross on Wye:

South Wales Scorpions will play two games on the road this season as Blackwood RFC have agreed to host home fixtures against Hunslet Hawks and York City Knights.

The Hawks game will be on Sunday 11th May at 2pm, a slightly earlier time at the opposition’s request, while the York match will be played on Saturday 21st June with a 3pm kick-off.