Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve wild

KIT LAUNCH

24 posts in this topic

Our 2014 kit will be officially launched at the Swinton British Legion, Thursday 20 February @ 7.30pm.

The players will be in attendance following their training session that evening, so please come along and meet them.

We will also be giving a warm welcome to our new shirt sponsors.

If you want to pick up your replica jersey on the night you will be able to do so, provided you email your request to lionstrust@hotmail.co.uk no later than a week today. Shirt sizes are 28 or 30 inch chest for kids (£35), or 32 inch (& every 2 inches up) to 56 inch for adults (£45). Pay on the night if you wish, or order & collect from office if you can't make it on the night.

It will be possible to order replica kit (including shorts, socks & away jersey) direct from Stag Sports at a later time if you wish.

We'll try & get some pics uploaded of the new design asap (the 'home' is a 'traditional' blue with white V, and the away kit is white).

Admission is free, but please support the event for the benefit of our players & sponsors.

It really is remarkable how much progress is being made at the moment with announcements coming thick and fast on this forum, the Club site and on the Trust site.  It just shows how much can be done if the will and drive are present.  Thanks again to all the "hands on" people who are driving matters forward with such zeal and to those who are dipping into their personal or corporate pockets to help where they can.

I know there are still major hurdles to overcome but we have a lot of poitive things happening right now which are to be applauded.

It really is remarkable how much progress is being made at the moment with announcements coming thick and fast on this forum, the Club site and on the Trust site.  It just shows how much can be done if the will and drive are present.  Thanks again to all the "hands on" people who are driving matters forward with such zeal and to those who are dipping into their personal or corporate pockets to help where they can.

I know there are still major hurdles to overcome but we have a lot of poitive things happening right now which are to be applauded.

Could't agree more!

It just shows how much can be done if the will and drive are present.  

Yes, how very, very true. Well said DS.

#SwintonLions **NEW HOME KIT** (For illustrative purposes only, created prior to confirmation of new shirt sponsors)

post-42043-0-21023400-1391854767_thumb.jpg

#SwintonLions **NEW AWAY KIT** (For illustrative purposes only, created prior to confirmation of new shirt sponsors)

post-42043-0-85646700-1391854903_thumb.jpg

Reminder !!!

Be there   :P

I do like the away shirt. Kinda reminds me of the recent world cup Cook Islands shirt!

Sorry, but I couldn't agree less. Those blue squiggly bits on the front are a poor substitute for a classic, smart and traditional blue V

Sorry, but I couldn't agree less. Those blue squiggly bits on the front are a poor substitute for a classic, smart and traditional blue V

It's modern Keith. I'm surprised you don't walk about dressed like King Arthur!

It's modern Keith. I'm surprised you don't walk about dressed like King Arthur!

'Modern' doesn't mean it has to be 'best'.

What's 'fab' to some is 'yuk' to others. I'm a firm believer in the 'retro-look'. Take last season's jerseys whose design was, as we all know, a salute to the Championship wins of 1962-64. IMO, they looked almost as great as the originals worn by the great Lions of the '60s (before your time? but not mine).

We'll just agree to disagree yes?

I like the old shirt

I like the new shirt

but I don't know which I like best

theres only one way to sort this out

FIGHT!

'Modern' doesn't mean it has to be 'best'.

What's 'fab' to some is 'yuk' to others. I'm a firm believer in the 'retro-look'. Take last season's jerseys whose design was, as we all know, a salute to the Championship wins of 1962-64. IMO, they looked almost as great as the originals worn by the great Lions of the '60s (before your time? but not mine).

We'll just agree to disagree yes?

Keith,

I believe on Sunday, we're playing with a laced-up leather ball, it'll be 13-a-side with no subs, unlimited tackles, contested scrums, 3 points for a try, and the jerseys will be devoid of sponsors, with long sleeves and collars!

Spelly

Keith,

I believe on Sunday, we're playing with a laced-up leather ball, it'll be 13-a-side with no subs, unlimited tackles, contested scrums, 3 points for a try, and the jerseys will be devoid of sponsors, with long sleeves and collars!

Spelly

Wow!

I just called the airlines! I've got to be there!!

But, what's wrong with collars? I have a sponsored shirt from 2010 (?) with a collar!

Geoff.

We will keep your helipad free Geoff !!

Keith,

Spelly

The one clearly outstanding feature of Spelly's mindset is his almost total lack of a sense of history regarding the Lions. You'd think from his views he was born little more than 20 years ago instead of not too much after yours truly.

Spelly, treat yourself, sign up to subscribe for the Rugby League Journal and relive old glories. 

Keith,

Do you reckon that during the halcyon days of the 60s, there were fans of the Lions of a certain vintage, who were saying "This team is not a patch on the side who won the five cups!" or something of that ilk? 

Maybe someone who remembered Fallowfield in 1900, who also witnessed 1928, said "Nowhere near as good as the team that beat the Pinks!" eh?

There's nowt wrong with remembering the good old days, but I'm also willing to embrace the game of today, which (in my opinion) is of the highest quality!

Would you return to unlimited tackles? Do you really want contested scrums, where the match could be stagnant for minutes on end, with re-scrum after re-scrum?

The world has evolved, and so has the Greatest Game on the Planet. There's no going back, so accept the scenario Keith my friend!

See you tomorrow mate!

Spelly.

Rugby League teams will be playing Rugby Union Teams next !!!

Can anyone tell me if children are allowed tonight?  I have two young boys that would like to come as I have promised them both a shirt.

Hi Tim

Yes that should be fine,

Riggy

We will keep your helipad free Geoff !!

The corporate helicopter is being serviced today so feel free to let someone else use the helipad!

Give my regards to Josh Barlow!

Thanks, Riggy!

Geoff

Maybe someone who remembered Fallowfield in 1900, who also witnessed 1928, said "Nowhere near as good as the team that beat the Pinks!" eh?

Spelly.

As it happens my (maternal) granddad (1885-1966) saw the lot, from Jim Valentine's days (late Victorian era), through the interwar years (1927-28 et al) and much of the magic of the '60s. One of his five brothers actually played in the Lions' pack in the early '20s (Harold 'Harry' Unsworth b. 1896). My dad, (his son-in-law) on the other hand (1908-1978) saw much of the 20th century's happy days featuring some of the game's greatest footballers, Martin Hodgson, Bryn Evans & co (1920s-30s) plus Alan Buckley, John Stopford, Ken Gowers, Dave Robinson & Albert Blan (1950s-60s & 70s).