Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guest from down under

Scoreboard

71 posts in this topic

We would also like to start showing the sponsor for each player. At the moment all we can show is what you see now. This being the club logo, player picture, squad number and player name.

The only way, at this time, that we can show the substitutes are to have those player names in brackets.

The speed that the teams are shown is also fixed. So they cannot be speeded up or slowed down. It would be nice if we could have the announcer run through the teams at the same time the players appear. But, the speed is too slow to do that at the moment.

The software or the announcer?

The software or the announcer?

Bit harsh that BSJ - for god's sake don't have GFDU taking his bat and ball home - you know the alternative :shout: .

Bit harsh that BSJ - for god's sake don't have GFDU taking his bat and ball home - you know the alternative :shout: .

:tongue: :tongue:

Got to keep Farrow off the mic. Embarrassing aint the word. At least Keith talks sense when he opens it.

How much will it be to flash up a message to all my friends at dewsbury at half time?

Forgot to mention the message!!!

"Don't leave yet, you might get a consolation try in the second half" :lol:

Hi all,

Hopefully you heard the announcements yesterday.

We were unable to operate the scoreboard due to a communication issue.

The scoreboard was powering on but we were unable to get our laptop to connect to it using the wi-fi connection.

We're unsure what's caused the problem and there's nothing to suggest that it's anything to do with the ongoing construction work at that end of the ground. We don't think it's a major issue.

We're in contact with the engineers and we expect to have it working again in time for the home game against Swinton on 4 July.

Cheers,

Tom

Have you tried switching it off then switching it back on again?

Same 'fault'  for HWD hospital broadcasts  , nothing  for Sheffield game ,  but managed old phone land line match broadcast  v Doncaster ... Perhaps a telecommunications fault ?

I have been in contact with the scoreboard company Tom and I am waiting to hear back from the engineers.

It isn't a telecommunications fault as the scoreboard does not rely on any phone line or internet connection. It just runs on WiFi link between the laptop in the control room and the wireless link box behind the scoreboard screen.

The WiFi link was working as normal, but we just couldn't connect to the server/computer that is in the scoreboard itself.

Me and Tom had the front of the scoreboard open and switched things on and off and also re-connected cables. But, there is a lot going on behind the screen when you flip it open.

Hopefully we will have it fixed before the Swinton game, well it WILL be fixed put it that way!

Has anybody fed the hamster supplying the power since it was installed?

Has anybody fed the hamster supplying the power since it was installed?

Its a bit sad Piglet it died after the Batley game.The thing is it had to work so hard to keep up with Rams score.It died of pure exhaustion.

Its a bit sad Piglet it died after the Batley game.The thing is it had to work so hard to keep up with Rams score.It died of pure exhaustion.

Touche :lol:

We tried shouting at it, throwing old shoes at it, but got nowhere. Hopefully the LED Synergy experts will have a more efficient solution.

We tried shouting at it, throwing old shoes at it, but got nowhere. Hopefully the LED Synergy experts will have a more efficient solution.

Dear God, tell me you didn't let BSJ talk to it  :suicide:  

Yay or nay?

Would you like latest scores from the other Championship matches flashed up on the scoreboard during Sunday's match? Or would it be annoying / distracting?

Yay or nay?

Would you like latest scores from the other Championship matches flashed up on the scoreboard during Sunday's match? Or would it be annoying / distracting?

That's a good idea.

Yay or nay?

Good idea.  Would mean I spent less time checking them on "loverugby.com" !!!

At the Barrow game it would have given us something entertaining to watch.

:vinsent:

I may be getting this wrong but pretty sure we have had HT scores shown?

That's correct, WR. But I'm talking about during the game as and when tries are scored.