Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimbobRam

Rams 11 Fev 10 - Discussion, photos and video highlights here

97 posts in this topic

Off topic slightly but what's access like for pushchairs. Thinking of bringing my 20 month old

Hi Matthew, the ground has sufficient access for you to bring your pushchair, once you have paid at the turnstile someone will let you through the gate where you can walk around the front of the stand.

The ground has been inspected to determine the suitability of the pitch for tomorrows game. Considering all the rain we have had the pitch is holding up pretty well and looking ahead to the next 24hr weather forecast we have no concerns that the game wont go ahead.

In other words - Its game on!!!

This will be a real test for us and defence will be key. I hope we will win, but reckon Featherstone will edge it.

Dewsbury 14 - 22 Featherstone

Att: 2172 (I hope for more and disappointed if fewer than that turn up with such a desirable fixture).

Scorer: Thackeray.

GM's probable selection:

1 Sherriff

2 Morton

3 Pryce

4 Grady

5 Scott

6 Hemingway

7 Thackeray

8 Nash

9 Godwin

10 Hepworth

11 Spicer

12 Hale

13 Brown

14 Hyde

15 Aizue

16 Wright

17 Gallagher

18 Haggerty

Difficult leaving out Grayston, Lillycrop, Tonks and Farrell. Robinson will get his chance when the grounds are dry.

I have made this selection trying to assume GM's choice, not my own.

Sunday 16 February

Kingstone Press Championship Match Preview

Dewsbury Rams v Featherstone Rovers (3.00pm)

Dewsbury Rams coach Glenn Morrison will check on the fitness of Jobe Murphy (ankle) and Callan Beckett (hamstring) before finalising his team for Sunday’s opening Kingstone Press Championship fixture against Featherstone Rovers.

Morrison said: “We’ve had a good pre-season, we’ve got some good games under our belt and we’re going into this match with a bit of confidence.

“With five teams getting relegated this year you don’t want to drop any points, and even a bonus point could be the difference between a top-eight finish and a relegation spot.”

He added: “Featherstone have got a new coach and some new players, but judging by their pre-season results they look like being the team to beat. We’ve got to make sure we’re ready to go come Sunday.”

New Featherstone coach John Bastian is without Matty Nicholson (knee) and Liam Walmsley (broken arm).

But Bastian remains confident ahead of the start of the new campaign.

Bastian said: “We’ve had some good results against some good quality teams in pre-season, but the real stuff starts this week.”

Bit puzzled as to why GM is checking the fitness of two injured (fringe) players before deciding on his 17, when he is going to have to omit several players who would have walked into last years team.

BBR 

Depends where in town centre .  To walk its up hill  for a couple of miles ,

taxi from bus station about five pounds , and couple of buses every hour pass close to ground , perhaps someone else has timetable and route numbers ?

Its pretty easy to get to the ground from the town centre there is regular buses 202 or 203 which run usually every 15 mins or so from the town centre.

Just ask for shawcross business park and you'll see the ground when you get off the bus.

BBR 

Depends where in town centre .  To walk its up hill  for a couple of miles ,

taxi from bus station about five pounds , and couple of buses every hour pass close to ground , perhaps someone else has timetable and route numbers ?

£.3.50 MORE LIKE

On Sundays buses run from the bus station at 19 minutes past the hour (203) and 49 (202). alight at Shaw Cross as indicated previously. (They run every fifteen minutes on Mondays-Saturdays only). Journey time is approx. 10 minutes.

Return to Dewsbury bus station depart Shaw Cross at 16:52, 17:22, then 17:47, 18:17 etc. Fare I think is £2.00 single.

Cheers. Unless it's peeing down I think I will come down for a look.

Shhuuuttttt up silly

You never know with the current weather

Should be a great game and regarding of the weather hopefully a good turn out.

Looks like I did know Coolie so not silly after all unlike some

Will go for Fev 26. Rams 18 Crowd 1580

Personally for me the result is secondary

Today were playing the team regarded to be the best in the division

it will show us have far Glenn as brought us with his coaching.

If I could have picked when to play Featherstone in a season... The first game would have been my choice everytime

Our preseason performance's have been spectacular performance's regardless of super league fielding so called weakened teams.

Hopefully fans will turn out and make the dawn of this exciting new season Something to remember.