Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimbobRam

Rams 11 Fev 10 - Discussion, photos and video highlights here

97 posts in this topic

Looks like I did know Coolie so not silly after all unlike some

Will go for Fev 26. Rams 18 Crowd 1580

Well done

Looks lovely outside

Rams 24 fev 28 att 1768 first scorer Grady

Difficult to predict being the first game, after a good pre season and against Fev.

Dews 24 Fev 26

Att:1999

First try Brown

Well played Dewsbury; You out muscled my team and deserved to win; Good luck for rest of season;

Just a quick selection online, rest online tomorrow, defence was outstanding, someone actually asked me if i got a photo of the drop kick which clearly went under the bar, i just chuckled, silly boy.

http://www.gcsportsphotos.co.uk

Amazing defence first half and very gritty display second. Deserved the win and very much enjoyed my first game at Tetleys stadium. Just over 2000 there. Deserved more

Awesome defence today lads and what a team performance, well played all of you.

Still need to sort our kicking out but we'll impressed with today, see you all next week.

Top effort from the boys today great defensive display best in years.

Best game I've seen up there in years proud fan to nite this could be a good year utr :)

Nothing to add. Best defence for years. Well played all. Bet they wish they'd converted one of the 6 or 7 very kickable penalties in the first half !

Well played Dewsbury....defence all game was phenominal. After the effort in defence in the first half I thought you would have run out of gas but I was proved wrong.....agree with comments about taking the penalty goals....I think Bastian really didn't show dewsbury the respect they deserved by not taking these shots at goal as it was always going to be a tight encounter on a tight pitch in very heavy conditions....

Great defensive effort from the Rams today. I thought we would fade towards the end, but they stuck at it. One of the best defensive performances for a long time. Have to admit a bit surprised Fev didn't go for a couple of easy penalties early, I was expecting it to be close and Fev turned down some easy points.

Thought. Thackeray was outstanding today, spotting on defence and creative on attack. Was my MOM by a long way.

Good crowd, thanks to all the Fev fans, great atmosphere, electronic scoreboard looked good even if there were a few technical problems and it didn't rain. Still think Fev will finish top given their strength in depth, but a deserved win for the Rams today if only for their defence.

what can i say. when you were defending your line you were awesome. the result could have gone either way but you deserved it. very impressed by your fitness and work ethic. i thought you 31 had a good game.

wasnt that Hyde ? Cant work out why our former water carrier hemmingway gets in before hyde

Amazing first half line defence and lack of respect by Rovers in not taking two points from penalties. Could have gone either way in the second half, but Rams deserved it through defence alone. Good crowd. Most of the Fev fans were sound, but we had to endure a few foul mouthed tirades by a few of them. I expected a tight game beforehand and I wasn't wrong. Makes this season look interesting already.

wasnt that Hyde ? Cant work out why our former water carrier hemmingway gets in before hyde

You would if you watched Rams last year !

erm.....only at PO Road....now that was a less close game !!

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season I am sure you will do well if you play with that desire.

Faultless...

Only disappointment today

We didn't get 13 ;)

That was a shocking miss :)

Thought our defence was awesome and might have cracked earlier. Keeping it to 0-0 at HT, was the game changer for me. What a boost to be level after all that first half pressure.

Fantastic team performance and the quality we've recruited, along with those from last season, with a year more experience, looks like we have a very sound base to build on.

8 of our starting 13, started same game last season, which is not something's that happens often at Dewsbury.

It's only one game, but great if we can add to it over the next 3 games before challenge cup and then Eagles

Sounds like an amazing performance. Unlike ours, which wasn't!

Very gracious of you kind sir

Can't have been a very pleasurable afternoon from our friends across the valley

One down long season to go and Batley will learn from today's defeat... Which in reality... Was far worse than any of us expected...

You'll get it right next game I'm sure chairman.

Thank you again for the gratitude

As you  know chairman its the occasional outstanding performance that keeps us all going . regarding the dogs at leigh i half expected a bit of a mauling today , after all the dogs preparation this week has been a bit disrupted to say the least and a lot of people dont seem to recognise just how well leigh are staffed up this season . A lot of teams are going to be blasted by leigh in my opinion . Atop five or six finish to  this season would be in my opinion be seen as a success , anything more from my perspective  marvellous . 

The funny thing is - the score surprised us a bit in the car, but it wasn't a shock. Morrison has gone about his business quietly and diligently and is clearly doing ok.

Leigh were VERY good today and we were a bit poor. Hopefully a blip, but time will tell.

Congratulations and thank you to both teams who delivered a feast to feed the souls of all true Rugby League fans. The game was magnificent, no quarter asked or given. A real blood and thunder encounter. It's a shame that one team had to lose.

Well done Dewsbury, well done Morro I am smacking my lips at the season that is to come.