Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team and predictions for Donny at home!

101 posts in this topic

We have a lot of Hull born players in our squad , but , they are all on our (Doncaster) books.

Not saying we will not have any in on Sunday.

Until we have an academy & u20 sides we will have to import players , we donot have a strong amateur game in South Yorkshire !

Good luck for 2014

Doncaster First team squad for 2014:

1 Michael Butterfield - FB

2 Stewart Sanderson - WG

3 Liam Welham - CE

4 Nev Morrison - CE

5 Dave Scott - WG

6 Paul Cooke - SO

7 Danny Nicklas - SH

8 Mark Castle - PR

9 Kyle Kesik © - HK

10 Brett Waller - PR knee injury

11 Lee Waterman - SR, CE wrist injury

12 Michael Kelly - SR

13 Mike Emmett © - LF, SR

14 Russell Spiers - SR

15 Scott Spaven - SH, HK

16 Craig Robinson - SR, PR

17 Grant Edwards - LF recent knee operation

18 Ryan Wilson - WG, CE

19 Liam Cunningham - CE

20 Shaun Leaf - CE

21 Matt Carbutt - PR

22 Andy Ward - SR

23 Richard Wilkinson - LF

25 Alex Starling - FB

They will really miss Waller if the injury is as bad as their local papers report.

Note that they also have two Captains. Kyle Kesik and Mike Emmett were named as co-captains by head coach Paul Cooke and will lead the team for the 2014 season together. Paul promises not to interfere with any of their decisions during the matches.

Hopefully Waller and Watermans injuries aren't serious but keep them out on Sunday ... They still wake me up in cold sweats !

Sunday 16 February
Kingstone Press Championship Match Preview

Workington Town v Doncaster (3.00pm)

Workington Town trio Jason Mossop (hamstring), Elliott Miller (knee) and Brett Carter (dead leg) will all be assessed before Sunday’s Kingstone Press Championship fixture against Doncaster.
Town coach Gary Charlton has warned his players not to relax at any point during the coming season.
Charlton said: “If you’re down by 10 per cent in any game this year then you’ll get a touch up. That’s how good the teams are in this competition.
“Every week will be a challenge, and every point will matter come the end of the season.
“There’s going to be so much fighting to keep out of that bottom five, but we’ve trained hard and we’re looking forward to getting going.”
Doncaster coach Paul Cooke also has plenty of injury concerns ahead of the trip to Cumbria.
He said: “We’ve picked up some injuries last week (against North Wales). We’ll have to make checks on Brett Waller, Lee Waterman, Kyle Kesik and Scott Spaven to name just four. It’s not ideal for us because they look like being medium-term injuries.”
But Cooke has praised his squad’s commitment and effort during the off-season.
He said: “We’ve changed a great deal as a club. We’ve brought in a new play-book and brought in new calls and different set-plays. The players have been very receptive to that, and we’ve also worked very hard on our defence.”
He added: “We know we’re in for a battle on Sunday. It’s not going to be the greatest pitch, it’ll be nice and tight and we know they’re going to give it to us. Mentally we’ve got to be well-prepared and physically we’ve got to take that into the game.”

You having a laugh.

Why would I be having a laugh? I'm sure the club are trying their hardest to bring players in

There will be some good news before the Donny match........... Definately !!

Good

definitely maybe, there's 100% chance that something possibly could happen.

Dont build our hopes up marra, I hope their is but how many times have we heared that we are going to hear something, is it just a sellafield crack again?

Hopefully Waller and Watermans injuries aren't serious but keep them out on Sunday ... They still wake me up in cold sweats !

Waller's is serious mate , they was chatting 6 months after the game last Sunday , Looked nasty as well. Pity for the lad as he really is a man mountain

Sunday 16 February

Kingstone Press Championship Match Preview

Workington Town v Doncaster (3.00pm)

Workington Town trio Jason Mossop (hamstring), Elliott Miller (knee) and Brett Carter (dead leg) will all be assessed before Sunday’s Kingstone Press Championship fixture against Doncaster.

If those three are missing then it is time to panic unless we get some good news in next couple of days.

The only positive news is that they have injuries as well.

Why would I be having a laugh? I'm sure the club are trying their hardest to bring players in

I am sure they are Scott, but a statement from the club about what is happening now and again would help, its all just hear say and what folk have "been told off me marra" I just dont think it is helping the club in the long term supporters not knowing what is happening, are we in DR with Wigan are we looking at season long loans, all we ask for is some information/news thats all.

Why do supporters think they have divine right to expect to be told who a club are or aren't talking to? The press generally report things but any club worth their salt don't as it's unprofessional. Charlo has already said the club are looking but again wasn't specific which I wouldn't expect him to be as again it's disrespectful. If people want to know what's going on why not join the board of directors I'm sure they'll know.

It's disrespectful if the players are attached to clubs but it's not if there free agents. It's more of a case of not wanting others to be aware of who were after.

Why do supporters think they have divine right to expect to be told who a club are or aren't talking to? The press generally report things but any club worth their salt don't as it's unprofessional. Charlo has already said the club are looking but again wasn't specific which I wouldn't expect him to be as again it's disrespectful. If people want to know what's going on why not join the board of directors I'm sure they'll know.

I understand Geordie that the club cant give names of players but whats wrong in letting us know if we are in some form of DR with other clubs, as for unprofessional well theres a certain haven fan who seems to know most of our news before we Town fans do, dont think he is on the board !

There's a difference between making an official announcement and telling someone off the record though. I'd be amazed if we entered into DR at such a late stage though.

you probably have got somebody lined up from wigan for sunday apparently weve been offered gardner clough and hand for the keighley game but nothing official as been said you lot will probably be in the same boat

Rumours suggest that Lee Waterman may have a broken wrist, thus it is more and more likely that Doncaster will bring in DR players from Hull to strengthen and fill the gaps for the Town game. Further rumours suggest that the following three have been made available to Doncaster by Hull for Sunday:

Jay Pitts, LF

Dean Hadley, SR

Liam Kent Prop

Although come to think of it, the following abundant choices are also not in the Hull 19 squad this week.

Backs

1 Shannon McDonnell - FB, 2 Jason Crookes - W, 25 Tom Biggs - WG, 30 Harry Tyson-Wilson - SH, 31 Reece Dean - CE, 34 Jordan Rankin - SO

Forwards

10 Chris Green - PR, 12 Chris Tuson - SR,17 Liam Watts - PR, 29 Bobby Tyson-Wilson - PR.

Whatever team Doncaster field on Sunday, I have real faith in our club to field a really strong team (despite our own possible injuries) and subsequently go on to grab that so important first home win.

I am sure that tomorrow or Saturday we will all start to feel much more optimistic. Keep the faith!

Dont build our hopes up marra, I hope their is but how many times have we heared that we are going to hear something, is it just a sellafield crack again?

No sellafield cracks.I only deal in facts. There will be some good news before the Donny game :D

No sellafield cracks.I only deal in facts. There will be some good news before the Donny game :D

I really do hope so KB, to start with a home win will be a massive  boost for everyone, I understand that we are only supporters and don't have a divine right to know everything that is going on but without us supporters we wouldn't have a club the same as if we didn't have people running our club, we all  want our club to do well, I am sure the board are doing there best to put the best possible team on the park.

I wont stop supporting the team I have supported for over 40 years because news is slow to come out, however much it frustrates me!!