Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Relegation

53 posts in this topic

It has been confirmed that the bottom 5 will be relegated at the end of the season which means we must finish 9th or above to be safe

Not gonna happen. :(

Penrith RU trialists?  We had to up our game from last year and so far that hasn't happened.

I know we haven't strengthened from last year but are we any worse than Swinton,keighley,Rochdale,barrow and haven? I don't think so. Our strongest 17 is better than them 5 teams,it's just our strength in depth is worrying.

Mine was just a general gulp at the high threshold. Cutthroat stuff indeed . And obviously adieu to Toulouse for now .

Mine was just a general gulp at the high threshold. Cutthroat stuff indeed . And obviously adieu to Toulouse for now .

1st place in championship 1 gets promotion.

No , outside the elite there's nowt to strike dread into you if you have your personnel on the paddock. But in this marathon absentees will bite in the last third of the season - and teams who's strength is less diluted will prevail . That is when things are decided . Touch wood for reinforcements and no injuries.

We've known that it was coming either 4, 5 or 6 relegated this season and now we know it's 5 so it should not be a surprise to anyone.   It is going to be more cut throat at the bottom this year than it will be at the top.  I just think that with less than a week to go to the first match it's time the fans knew one way or the other if we are to get one or two loanees to strengthen the depth of our squad.

But good news if we stay up ... We can spend a million pound next year !!!

But good news if we stay up ... We can spend a million pound next year !!!

Ha ha, you wish!!!!!!

I know we haven't strengthened from last year but are we any worse than Swinton,keighley,Rochdale,barrow and haven? I don't think so. Our strongest 17 is better than them 5 teams,it's just our strength in depth is worrying.

You think?

When we start playing those teams i think we'll realise how much we miss Acton and Thackray. We had to retain players of that calibre and add to them. Some of those teams would need to be weaker than last year which is unlikely.

You think?

When we start playing those teams i think we'll realise how much we miss Acton and Thackray. We had to retain players of that calibre and add to them. Some of those teams would need to be weaker than last year which is unlikely.

Cheer up Marra, if we get the Wigan tie up, we should be fine. :drinks:

We'll miss the Thackray that played in about 6 games we won't miss the one that played (or didn't play at certain times) for the remainder of the season.

Complete joke, to finish 10th you need to win the marjority of games and then be relegated, and in theory be replaced by team finishing 5th in champ 1 and flukes the play off final. Very risky situation.

if we don't build on what we've got,were gonna Struggle,plus any new players need to train with the team ASAP ,Were is the panick Button I can't find it ?

if we don't build on what we've got,were gonna Struggle,plus any new players need to train with the team ASAP ,Were is the panick Button I can't find it ?

Wait till tomorrow before you press it.

Wait till tomorrow before you press it.

do you know something we don't voodoo?

Oh Voodo, your worse than the wife!!!!

it does seem that there will be announcements made tomorrow.

it does seem that there will be announcements made tomorrow.

I've made myself a don't panic button just in case tomorrow is a disappointment!

I just hope tomorrow comes finally !!! We're running out of tomorrow's ! This time though I'm a bit more hopeful ...things are being pulled together . Let's get into Donny big style!!

Based on what? there's been a lot of signings through the winter so I dont know how anyone can say how good or bad teams are going to be in 2014