Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netherton Ram

5 Clubs To Be Relegated This Season.

23 posts in this topic

The winners of Championship One will be promoted into the league of the top 24 clubs.

Therefore, 5 clubs will be relegated out of the Championship.

Too many or something now to play for?

Eh dear!  If only we hadn't had that four up, none down season ten minutes before we decided we needed to reduce the top two divisions to 12 apiece.

We're so forward looking, aren't we ?

I'd like to feel we will make the top 9. It makes it a very interesting season

In my opinion Dewsbury will be in top four this time;

So long as everyone knows the rules before the season kicks off I don't see the problem. Given the rewards on offer from 2015 however I can imagine a couple of panicky boardrooms bepore the end of the season.

I was really confident when I thought 4 were being relegated, so why the hell does one more make me really nervous?.

On top of that we finished well in the top 9 last season and have a better squad this time round. Maybe it's just because it's the Rams that it makes me nervous.

Don't think we have to worry about been in the bottom five, but I do feel maybe the team who ends up fifth from bottom should play a one off game against the team who tops championship one to see who gets a place in the new format.One or two teams will be spending pots full of money to get in the top nine.

Don't think we have to worry about been in the bottom five, but I do feel maybe the team who ends up fifth from bottom should play a one off game against the team who tops championship one to see who gets a place in the new format.One or two teams will be spending pots full of money to get in the top nine.

Hope it does not affect our beautiful neighbors from across the valley.

so who do you reckon for the bottom 5 spots ?

impossible to call I reckon, especially as positions could be mightily influenced by the quality and availability of DR's and collaboration of the associate clubs. Doesn't look like we will be getting any help from Bradford, so it looks like we will stand or fall on GM's judgement.

The winners of Championship One will be promoted into the league of the top 24 clubs.

Therefore, 5 clubs will be relegated out of the Championship.

Too many or something now to play for?

There is something of a silver lining to this situation though. At least it should make the bottom tier much stronger, and ensure that not every away match will be in far flung corners of the country to clubs who will bring zero away support.

There is something of a silver lining to this situation though. At least it should make the bottom tier much stronger, and ensure that not every away match will be in far flung corners of the country to clubs who will bring zero away support.

True. Do we know what the P&R rules will be between the two leagues in 2015?

Think we'll be ok. But got a feeling all the Cumbrian teams will be going down

Batley,Featherstone,Leigh,Halifax & Sheffield for the drop ;)

That means we'll be champion's ;)

Batley,Featherstone,Leigh,Halifax & Sheffield for the drop ;)

That means we'll be champion's ;)

Coolie the supreme optimist and master wishful thinker!

My tip is whitehaven swinton barrow north wales and rochdale

I reckon Crusaders will be a bit stronger than some people reckon this season so the relegation dog-fight should be between: Barrow, Keighley, Rochdale, Swinton, Whitehaven and Workington. I think the top dogs in Cumbria will be the club that avoids relegation.

DR or unique club partnerships may indeed be influential but I can't predict which clubs will gain much assistance from this in the coming season.

I reckon Crusaders will be a bit stronger than some people reckon this season so the relegation dog-fight should be between: Barrow, Keighley, Rochdale, Swinton, Whitehaven and Workington. I think the top dogs in Cumbria will be the club that avoids relegation.

DR or unique club partnerships may indeed be influential but I can't predict which clubs will gain much assistance from this in the coming season.

Unless I'm missing something, I can think of one club that won't in the HW area alone. :(

I'd bet no-one is relishing a trip to Dewsbury this season, You'll be safe as houses this time and I'd be very surprised if you don't make the top 6. Best of luck lads.

Unless I'm missing something, I can think of one club that won't in the HW area alone. :(

I reckon you're right Grumpy, but I also reckon we'll be better off without. We have a much stronger squad this year and any DR's would be a distraction - there should be enough competition for places as it is.

We should be confident of finishing well above the troubled zone this year - although it is Dewsbury we're talking about.

;)

Some decent predictions here.

Maybe spectators do know a bit about the game after all?

:jester: