Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

16/02/14 - Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 3pm

Who will win?   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Draw
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

I expect a comfortable Salford win. Not necessarily because I think the Red Devils will be amazing but I'd expect the late arrival of the overseas contingent can't have helped with Wakefield's preparation. In contrast, Salford seem pretty settled and have had the benefit of team bonding in South Africa plus a couple of good run outs in the last few weeks.

The only thing in Wakefield's favour is that the pressure is on for Salford to perform. I've never been too convinced that really affects a team too much once the whistle goes though. If Wakefield can keep it close for 30-40 minutes though, who knows.

I can quite see the Wildcats coming up with the points for all sorts of reasons. Sadly, I think a lot of gloating posts will appear afterwards if they do. 

I have a feeling Wakefield could cause an upset here. Hope the Salford fans can get behind the club and post a big crowd.

Have watched Trinity in pre season and can only see a very very easy win for Salford. Agar needs to trust some of his younger players, sadly Anakin is injured and out for 3 months, but in Trout, Walshaw and Wildie he has local lads who will give 100%, they are also very good players. Unfortunately they never seem to get a run in the team. Walshaw should be a star in SL, if only he was given game time. The best chance for Trinity is if the weather is really bad.

The Wildcats will be a stiff test first up for the Red Devils, but class will and the Red Devils will get home by 10.

If there is one clash the players will get motoviated for it should be this one! mr moneybags v the paupers. Come on lads you can do it! :)

I think Trinity will win. I just can't see Salford getting it together yet, and Trinity ought to be pumped...

Got to be Salford. Trinity have got probably the worst game of the round, Salford will be wanting to start with a big win, I don't think Wakey will roll over at all  but they will have a hard time. It's a long season though.

Over 5,000 tickets sold for this one. The good Doctor is expecting 7,000 through the turnstiles on Sunday.

This one just pips Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos as the Super League Sunday tie of the round for mine.

Got to be Salford. Trinity have got probably the worst game of the round, Salford will be wanting to start with a big win, I don't think Wakey will roll over at all  but they will have a hard time. It's a long season though.

Years of watching Salford have taught me that what we want is rarely what we get. Yes, we'll want to start with a big win, but the piddling defeat is, I fear, equally likely.

Over 5,000 tickets sold for this one. The good Doctor is expecting 7,000 through the turnstiles on Sunday.

This one just pips Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos as the Super League Sunday tie of the round for mine.

StevoSpeak alert! StevoSpeak alert!

It seems the campaign has got off to an interesting start with the 2 Grand Finalists both losing at home in the opening round.

I think the wooden spoon holders will win this one with former Wakefield players Smith and Johnson playing a significant part.

If there is any weakness about the 2 Wakefield wingers with high balls or kicks to the in-goal area then I see Smith providing and Johnson/Meli,if selected,benefitting.

Unless Wakefield are doing well going into half-time I can't see them pushing too hard,with their new arrivals still to gel and the prospect of a far more important game against Bradford very close on the horizon.

Home win.

Just pulled the teams off the RFL website... Salford's back row looks quality.

Salford Red Devils

• (FB) J. Mullaney
  • (W) G. Johnson
  • (U) J. Walton
  • (U) J. Sa'u
  • (W) F. Meli
  • (SO) R. Chase
  • (SO) T. Smith
  • (P) A. Morley
  • (H) T. Lee
  • (P) L. Tasi
  • (SR) H. Hansen
  • (SR) G. Hock
  • (SR) T. Puletua
  • (SR) D. Griffin
  • (U) A. Dixon
  • (SR) S. McPherson
  • (H) S. Howarth
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
  • (FB) R. Mathers
  • (W) P. Fox
  • (U) D. Collis
  • (U) J. Keinhorst
  • (W) R. Lyne
  • (U) P. Sykes
  • (H) P. Godinet
  • (P) S. Anderson
  • (H) P. McShane
  • (P) D. Smith
  • (SR) A. Lauitiiti
  • (U) D. Kirmond
  • (U) D. Washbrook
  • (P) A. Raleigh
  • (SR) M. Ryan
  • (U) T. Tautai
  • (H) L. Walshaw

That's a very strong and impressive pack of Salford, Greg Johnson should bag a load of tries as well.

KO delayed for ten minutes.

Hopefully due to a big crowd.

That's the reason given anyway.

Excellent.

BBC are saying that the stadium entrance is rammed and its looking like a stadium attendance record.

Really looking forward to this game. Hope both teams have a good season, but I wouldn't mind the Reds taking this.