Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

16/02/14 - Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 3pm

Who will win?   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Draw
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

Chase has a calf injury, going for a scan tomorrow, could be out for anything between 1=6 weeks.

as for the game, Salford looked good in the first half, the speed of the passes and the play the ball had Wakefield on the back foot. With the dominance should have scored more. Chase injury meant Howarth took over at dummy half and his loan to Saints hasn't made him quicker. Salford failed to clear the ruck and Wakefield took full advantage of it playing the ball quickly. Poor discipline could have cost Salford but Sykes was very poor with the boot.

Both teams will improve, nice to see Salford finally making tackles and if we can sort out the leaky wing we should get tighter.

Really pleased with the crowd 7,200 and no free tickets.

That was a very good turnout.  Koukash on Twitter said he was hoping for 7,500 and he nearly got it too!

Glad to hear that under Nobby Salford have finally learned how to defend, even when one player down on the interchange bench. 

I heard the Red Devils flew in as the pre match entertainment!  Koukash knows how to do things properly, that's for sure.  Glad his Devils rugby team held on for the win.  A win's a win but I'm sure everyone concerned will want a more convincing outcome next time around.

That was a very good turnout.  Koukash on Twitter said he was hoping for 7,500 and he nearly got it too!

Glad to hear that under Nobby Salford have finally learned how to defend, even when one player down on the interchange bench. 

I heard the Red Devils flew in as the pre match entertainment!  Koukash knows how to do things properly, that's for sure.  Glad his Devils rugby team held on for the win.  A win's a win but I'm sure everyone concerned will want a more convincing outcome next time around.

Wakefield lost Keinhorst earlier than Salford lost Chase so interchange was even.

Didn't see the Red Devils but did get sick to death of hearing the most depressing rendition of 'Bad Moon Rising' that I've ever heard.

There were a good 1,200 + there from Wakefield

I like the version of Bad Moon Rising, real duel with the devil cover version.

The Paras all landed in the stadium, saw some fire eaters and the devil mascot is just an ego trip :)

The club have made huge in roads In 12months, hope the progress continues.

Wakefield lost Keinhorst earlier than Salford lost Chase so interchange was even.

Didn't see the Red Devils but did get sick to death of hearing the most depressing rendition of 'Bad Moon Rising' that I've ever heard.

sounds like they are trying to touch base with both sets of soccer fans?

The version of Bad Moon Rising is by Mourning Ritual as heard in the Walking Dead trailer.

The version of Bad Moon Rising is by Mourning Ritual as heard in the Walking Dead trailer.

Liked it for the first 20 seconds but by the 5th time of listening I was ready to stick forks in my ears and cut my own throat.

Was far more effective in an enclosed room at the Lowry Theatre than it was into the open air arena of the AJ Bell Stadium.

It was a little bit alarming,after seeing Higham dominate the ruck at Warrington in the pre-season game,to see McShane do the same in the second half.We have the pleasure of Mr Roby and St Helens next up at home.

I still await the opportunity to see the Brian Noble coached Salford side actually win any second half in a competitive Super league game.( We did manage the feat at Warrington - pre-season.) 

Full credit to Wakefield.I thought they would have their minds on Thursdays game v Bradford,particularly as they were 18-0 behind at the break and their 3 from overseas only arrived on Monday morning. 

Well done to both sets of supporters for the support they gave their teams.

Very poor.

All the hype in the world and they barely scraped past 7,000.  And 5,000 of them were from Wakefield.

Frankly, the people of Salford don't deserve that team.  When oh when will the fans come bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just had a listen to the bad moon rising song, it's ok, although I haven't had it a few times over I suppose. Glad to see Salford win, would like them to do well this year. Promising crowd as well, with a start like that 10k crowds must be a distinct possibility against bigger clubs.

Very poor.

All the hype in the world and they barely scraped past 7,000. And 5,000 of them were from Wakefield.

Frankly, the people of Salford don't deserve that team. When oh when will the fans come bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

didn't they sell 3k season tickets? Therefore your stats don't add up!

Seeing as it was double their usual average I dont see how anyone can consider this to be a bad attendance?

Whats your agenda?

Very poor.

All the hype in the world and they barely scraped past 7,000. And 5,000 of them were from Wakefield.

Frankly, the people of Salford don't deserve that team. When oh when will the fans come bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seeing as it was double their usual average I dont see how anyone can consider this to be a bad attendance?

Whats your agenda?

So?  My point didn't include Wakefield.  It was a point about Salford's own past defensive performances.

Well, if the Salford fans want to sing that on their own turf then good on them.  It's their ground.

And I'm sure there will be a good number of Salford fans making Wakey's turnout look better too at the reverse fixture.  Just as indeed all away fans make everyone's final figures look better, bar the Dragons and Broncos.

Great attendance for Salford and it seems a lot of them were walk ups as well because Dr K announced on Twitter just a few days ago that they'd sold 4,500 tickets.  The club or someone must have been working hard to attract an extra 3,000 on the day. 

Good attendance probably helped by the sudden and unexpected arrival of Spring in the North West.

Also, the traffic wasn't too bad today but even then there was a 10 minute delay to kick off. Sooner the A57 is sorted out the better.

So?  My point didn't include Wakefield.  It was a point about Salford's own past defensive performances.

Well, if the Salford fans want to sing that on their own turf then good on them.  It's their ground.

And I'm sure there will be a good number of Salford fans making Wakey's turnout look better too at the reverse fixture.  Just as indeed all away fans make everyone's final figures look better, bar the Dragons and Broncos.

All very nice for you, well done!

Whats your agenda?

Read the man's post. Irony is lost on you, isn't it?

A bit less than I was expecting, but still a record, I believe. At least for RL

Record for Salford RL, 9,400 there for Wire v Hudds in cup semi final the other year

Good crowd, sounded like a good game too.

Terrific commentary and coverage on BBC Radio Manchester. With Warrington's performance on Thursday, I enjoyed my rugby for the first time this season and hope Salford will get better as the team 'gels'.

Good crowd, sounded like a good game too.

Terrific commentary and coverage on BBC Radio Manchester. With Warrington's performance on Thursday, I enjoyed my rugby for the first time this season and hope Salford will get better as the team 'gels'.

I'd have thought you enjoyed Wigan's first performance a little bit. :)

Realised this morning that the starting 13 were all making their debuts. The interchange bench had the only ones from last season.

I'd have thought you enjoyed Wigan's first performance a little bit. :)

Get over yourself, chief.