Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rockerlad

New players

28 posts in this topic

Good news, I imagine the complication has been that Wigan are away in OZ

at the minute so limiting the options on players could have for first couple of

matches.  Hopefully going forward will be able to get at least one of Wigans

prop forwards.

Good news. Might calm everyone down a bit now. Although I assume the 2 wingers will be utilised as wingers and centres as we don't need another fullback when we have Brett.

Good news. Might calm everyone down a bit now. Although I assume the 2 wingers will be utilised as wingers and centres as we don't need another fullback when we have Brett.

league express posted above that mossop miller and carter are doubtful

Glad this has finally been confirmed and the deal done . Sure we can accommodate the two lads in the backline somewhere , although we need Eliot and Brett to , so fingers crossed there .Interesting to see where the young lock will fit in ? The month loan is interesting ... The strengthening links between the sides , and talk of further players down the line gives it a feel of a DR connection , but not in name as yet . Certainly good in this instance to have pedigree lads for a known length of time . Hope they put Donny to the sword.

Just a observation looks like Wigan broke the news at 12.00ish, cant find anywhere were we have. Do we not have a PR person.

league express posted above that mossop miller and carter are doubtful

yeah let's hope the two backs are playing alongside Brett and ell rather than instead of because of injury. Also think Connor deserves a slot in there as well.so them 5 would be ideal for me. Could really do with Brett's experience at full back though.

yeah let's hope the two backs are playing alongside Brett and ell rather than instead of because of injury. Also think Connor deserves a slot in there as well.so them 5 would be ideal for me. Could really do with Brett's experience at full back though.

yep, Carter Murphy Tierney Connor Miller is a decent back 5 like

Don't Panic Button now gone and replaced by a brighter image.

Pity the Love Rugby League news came out before what I presume would have been a big splash by Town tomorrow in the Times & Star. Nevertheless really delighted. Let's get the season started.

As the old saying goes " can't win them all" at least we have some news to put smiles back on faces irrespective of who announced it, etc.   We need a big build up for Sunday to try and get some who were thinking of coming back actually coming back to DP.   

No idea what he's up to but wouldn't it be great if they could get Jason Robinson up here this month and advertise it .

We need forwards! Good that we have got players in but forwards should be out main priority.

Just a observation looks like Wigan broke the news at 12.00ish, cant find anywhere were we have. Do we not have a PR person.

As Wigan players I think it was right that Wigan make the announcement, I don't have a problem with it, grateful that Wigan can see the potential at Workington enough to trust us with 3 of their up an coming future SL stars.

With the nursery they have I really hope we build on this excellent link up .

We need forwards! Good that we have got players in but forwards should be out main priority.

agreed. Good to have some in at last and it is good news but forwards must be a priority over the season.

agreed. Good to have some in at last and it is good news but forwards must be a priority over the season.

i think we'll see forwards come in over the next few weeks, either from Wigan when they return or maybe an old friend or 2. But as for the immediate future were covered barring injuries.

i think we'll see forwards come in over the next few weeks, either from Wigan when they return or maybe an old friend or 2. But as for the immediate future were covered barring injuries.

is there a cut off date for signings apart from DR like the football transfer window?

is there a cut off date for signings apart from DR like the football transfer window?

yeah but it's months away.

yeah but it's months away.

cheers wonky. Lets hope them one or two old friends show up.

....er have I missed it or is there nothing from Boyce and Havenfan10 yet? Surely they can think of some way of putting a -ve spin on this news? :rolleyes: