Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Cricket, lovely Cricket...

32 posts in this topic

SA 206 all out against Aus. Mitchell Johnson takes 7 (seven) wickets.

Blimey! South Africa's South Africans can't handle him any better than England's South Africans! 

Johnson was very good last time in South Africa and is obviously on a roll.

We just have to hope that he's a "form" bowler who can lose it as easily as he regained it and he once again bowls down the left and right.

Still can't quite believe that Australians band of one-day players have now gone and smashed SA, something very wrong with standard of test cricket right now.

Anyway back to the cricket.

I hope Brendon Mcullum reaches 300 this morning. It was an immense effort yesterday rescuing what looked like a lost cause. I think he's gone a long way recently to silencing the critics who though he was too "maverick" to be a great test captain.

also if i've made any grammatical errors it's not the end of the world so smart remarks aren't  necessary.

Anyway back to the cricket.

I hope Brendon Mcullum reaches 300 this morning. It was an immense effort yesterday rescuing what looked like a lost cause. I think he's gone a long way recently to silencing the critics who though he was too "maverick" to be a great test captain.

And he has done it.

And he has done it.

Excellent!

'twas a marvellous moment in what has been a great summer of cricket for New Zealand that also included the fastest ever one day century.

It's also been a pleasure to see cricket played in good spirit without the sledging/broken arm threats/petty childish bickering that we had to endure whist watching the ashes.

It won't be long before the new ICC puts a stop to this sort of thing and decrees that India only have to play at home. ;)

And we've just been beaten by the Netherlands

And we've just been beaten by the Netherlands

'Beaten' being an understatement!

We're not very good at this cricket thing, are we?  We're even getting beaten by people who haven't got English as their first language these days...

We're not very good at this cricket thing, are we?  We're even getting beaten by people who haven't got English as their first language these days...

i think the dutch team had a version of English as their first language bruce

We're even getting beaten by people who haven't got English as their first language these days...

Yes, the Ashes series was very disappointing. :P 

I don't suppose any of the England team knew what the odds on a Dutch win were.

If Ashley Giles get's the full coaching supremo job, something is seriously wrong at the EWCB.

So, anyway, the women are in the final tomorrow after a fairly destructive performance in the semi final against South Africa.

Listened to a bit of the commentary of that match. They sounded like they were in good form.

Brilliant batting by Kumar Sangakarra yesterday in the final. Top performance by a top player.

Scotland and England are currently watching the rain fall at Mannofield Park, Aberdeen. What I didn't know 'til today is that this was also the venue for Don Bradman's last innings on British soil in 1948!

A good Telegraph article about it here.

I don't think they've played Wales for a few years. Not since we beat them the last time.

I don't think they've played Wales for a few years. Not since we beat them the last time.

Wales aren't a country and therefore England only play pretend matches against them.

Wales aren't a country and therefore England only play pretend matches against them.

Whilst I appreciate the spirit of the reply, I would like to think that Sri Lanka say the same thing about matches with England.  And the West Indies.

PS:  They are not a fish either.

Just finished reading 'Ashes to Ashes' by Marcus Berkmann. 35 years of watching England v Australia, including details of what the touring teams wore at their Christmas fancy dress parties. Highs and lows and below that, the Nineties. His description of the 2005 series will make you re-live it all again.

The book finishes with Steve Harmison's first delivery in the 2006 series... 'nuff said?