Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Doncaster Match

150 posts in this topic

Fighting talk from Paul Cooke (who will play on Sunday) on the official Doncaster website.

"Everyone is really excited and that's the aim of the game for us. That's the way things have been around the camp, we're excited to go and play. We know what we're going to get up there; we know the type of pitch and we know the type of coach they have and we know what types of players they have there. There's no time left of pre season now from our point of view and we have to meet fire with fire up there and give it everything to get off to the winning start we want."

"It's always challenging going up to Cumbria, teams often fall down travelling a long way to play these teams and the pitches aren't great, especially at this time of year because of the weather so it won't be an easy game at all.

"But we know what we're in for and we know how they are going to try and play against us which is what we've been working on all week.

"Everyone is just really excited about starting and wants to get going. They're all looking forward to getting out there and putting some performances in. Everyone wants to stake their claim for the rest of the season and there's no doubt about it that it's a difficult trip and a tough game to start with, but we're all raring to go and want to get that winning start."

The atmosphere is really beginning to build up, let's hope the weather doesn't spoil what should be a close game. Looking forward to a winning start to the season for Town!

Translation - 'it'll be a total bog , they're totally predictable and play forward dominant stuff as that's all their coach knows and buys players to do that .But we always beat them and it'll be same old same old ' !!!!! . Lovely mind games !

Good luck lads for the Donny match and the rest of the season, lets hope we are in the mix at the end.

Up the Town

I would like to remind donny the pitch will be the same for both teams. How many times will we get the old "small pitch" crack about DP tbis season lol. Also they weren't always lodging at a FL championship clubs ground. What was the name of their ground when they were the whipping boys of the RL world?

I would like to remind donny the pitch will be the same for both teams. How many times will we get the old "small pitch" crack about DP tbis season lol. Also they weren't always lodging at a FL championship clubs ground. What was the name of their ground when they were the whipping boys of the RL world?

Weather forecast promises drying winds from noon onwards, anyone know if they need "forkers" today or tomorrow?

Tattersfield

That name brings back fond memories of that emotive game in 1995 when Town played at the ground (was it the last match on the ground?) and won 50 - 16. The team included many personal heroes of mine like Rowland Phillips, Colin Armstrong and Mark Mulligan

I remember the opposite . Going ahead as we surged to the league title then being totally shafted by a certain Mr Mcgregor

I remember being there when a certain James Pickering made his debut, my first sight of a monster when he came on as a sub. I swear the donny players were looking at each other thinking "what the hell is this?"

The tale I was told was on the way home the team coach had to stop on the A66 so Jimmy could get out and play in the snow as he'd never seen it before.

Oh for a Jimmy Pick again

I was at that game too and remember when he came on and everyone just looked at each other as if to say "what on earth is this" just looked massively unfit.

It always makes me laugh when coaches make comments like "teams often fall down travelling a long way to play these teams". They don't seem to realise that our lads have to do that every other week or so and sometimes in mid-week!!!!!!

Says in paper that Jason Mossop is the only unavailable player for tomorrow, also says they will make a decision on carter after he's scan

Carter is not in the squad, i think TIERNEY will be our fullback.

Murphy is the one who's played super league games at full back whereas tierney featured on the wing. Pleased Elliot is available as I still think he's the best winger in the league.

Murphy is the one who's played super league games at full back whereas tierney featured on the wing. Pleased Elliot is available as I still think he's the best winger in the league.

tierney played full back against widnes away and cas at home last season I think, he defo did against widnes away

It's brilliant to have these options, 2 lads at full back to choose from while our own number 1 is set for a scan, he maybe isn't happy at this but why risk him?

Wingers and centres to choose from too, quality

A consensus of opinion regarding the team selection for tomorrow (on the now locked thread) created the following list. Anyone want to have another stab at the possible formation? No prize for the winner(s) other than kudos!

1. Carter, Murphy,

2. Miller, Murphy, Haney,

3. Tierney, Conner,

4. Conner, Murphy, Morris,

5. Miller, Tierney, Haney

6. Lupton,

7. C. Phillips

8. Coward, Shackley,

9. Mattinson,

10. Shackley, Coward, McAvoy,

11. B. Phillips, Stack,

12. Stack, B. Phillips,

13. Olstrum,

Subs: Lever, McAvoy, Rowlandson, McGoff, Rooney, Duerden, Carter, Morris.

If carter doesn't play I'd go with

Murphy

Haney

Tierney

Connor

Miller

Lupton

C.Phillips

Coward

Matty

Shackley

B.Phillips

Stack

Olstrom

Mcavoy

Lever

Rowlandson

Rooney or Duerden

This season, in the warm up games, Tierney played at number 1 with Murphy wearing the number 2 shirt.

They could easily alternate . Remember Carter and Briscoe against Keighley . Structures aren't static nowadays are they .

It always makes me laugh when coaches make comments like "teams often fall down travelling a long way to play these teams". They don't seem to realise that our lads have to do that every other week or so and sometimes in mid-week!!!!!!

so its a long journey up to play on a poor pitch against a team that will just want a forward battle down the middle. Good old mind games lol.