Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Doncaster Match

150 posts in this topic

I know that the lads are all semi pros, but they are all working lads, and you see the effort that they put into the training this morning in that wind and rain makes you realise how hard these lads work at there game,up the town good win tomorrow will do us fine

going by training i think murphy in center,tierney fullback,lever on bench,mcavoy starting prop

Someone on Facebook said they've been told it's waterlogged

Someone on Facebook said they've been told it's waterlogged

reds match was off today but there pitch was easily playable and an awful decision by the ref to call it off. I would expect derwent park to be ok if the rain keeps off tonight.

Got to say I'm looking forward to seeing young billy whizz . Big raps on him down at Wigan and although the pitch won't bring out the best in him it'll good to get a glimpse of what he has . Get lads like this in the game as much as possible

the whole bloody country is waterlogged, not just DP

was only asking what I had been told

the whole bloody country is waterlogged, not just DP

calm down, it was a simple enquiry.

I was at that game too and remember when he came on and everyone just looked at each other as if to say "what on earth is this" just looked massively unfit.

Me too, when he took off downfield to put Scotty in for that try we went into some kind of hysteria...it was like did that really just happen ??

Weather forecast for Workington looking better and better. fair night with a drying wind.

Then from 0900 the sun is expected to shine right through until the end of the match. Time for the sunglasses!

Just in case, I've got the garden fork and the wellies ready, just waiting for the call.

If any help is required will someone please post as soon as possible, im available if needed, but I think things will be fine forecast is good for a change.

I will post if anything is put on Facebook but doubt we will have to tbh

If carter doesn't play I'd go with

Murphy

Haney

Tierney

Connor

Miller

Lupton

C.Phillips

Coward

Matty

Shackley

B.Phillips

Stack

Olstrom

Mcavoy

Lever

Rowlandson

Rooney or Duerden

Rowlandson not playing.

HW

Rowlandson not playing.

HW

I'd have Rooney on bench for him then and Duerden on too

Official Workington Town Twitter

RFL match commissioner Peter Gilmour at Derwent park this morning confirming today's game as ON.

Nice picture of this inspection on the twitter site.

My guess at the team:

1 Lewis Tierney

2 Elliot Miller

3 Jack Murphy

4 Kayle Connor (kicker)

5 Lee Haney

6 Peter Lupton

7 Callum Phillips

8 Kris Coward

9 Greame Mattinson

10 Marc Shackley

11 Brett Phillips

12 Jarrad Stack

13 Karl Olstrum

Subs:

Liam McAvoy

Ruairi McGoff

Daniel Rooney/Andy Morris

Rob Lever

If Connor doesn't play, we need a kicker, thus Forber could be in the team.

I think that will be pretty close supporter. I have a feeling big red will be in somewhere. But after the hull v Catalans game it proves you need a top quality goal kicker in your side. And if carter doesn't play then Connor has to if forber isn't in.

Official Workington Town Twitter

RFL match commissioner Peter Gilmour at Derwent park this morning confirming today's game as ON.

Nice picture of this inspection on the twitter site.

Nice and early confirmation, well done.

Tierney, Miller , Murphy , Connor , Haney , Lupton ,Callum , Coward , Matty , Mcavoy , Stack , Brett , Olstrum . Lever , Red , Shackley , Rooney .

Arundel from hull playing for them

What a second half performance that was, lol. If that's the best Lupton can offer it might be best to stick to coaching. Some brains needed quick i think, and preferably someone who can kick and not put in pointless crossfield kicka 20m from the opposition line.

And what about the wonderful mr bloem? So determined to make sure doncaster got everything he even gave them a scrum after aclear doncaster knock on, took a while for him to realise it was so obvious he'd never get away with it. Pure comedy. Must be what drugs does to you.

Anyway, after a bright start i can only say the rest was pretty ######, rudderless ######, lazy ######, etc.

Its as simple as this. Either we sign some forwards or we are going down. It took us 20 minutes to get in their half in the second half!!

Feeling gutted right now, we have to win these games at home, we started like an house on fire but our lack of forward power and poor refereeing decisions cost us. We need a  couple of props ASAP.