Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamescolin

Dewsbury 11 Featherstone 10

74 posts in this topic

Like I say looking for excuses,I think both sides were guilty of those offences but I must admit makes a change the ref going against the so called better sides! Glad kain didn't play or Liam Finn, Gareth Moore your having a laugh!!

like i've said elsewhere, i saw your game against cas and i knew it wasn't gonna be easy. your defence was superb in both games, also your fitness and appetite for work. all that is going to make you very hard to beat. aprt from the result i enjoyed the game. Batley and Dewsbury are my 2 favourite away days.

Thanks for that oldrover,enjoyed the game thought the tackling from both teams was superb we had a game plan & stuck to it,unlike last season I know it might not be pretty at times. I think you'll win the competition & take your rightful place in super league, good luck for Sunday & rest of season!

Like I say looking for excuses,I think both sides were guilty of those offences but I must admit makes a change the ref going against the so called better sides! Glad kain didn't play or Liam Finn, Gareth Moore your having a laugh!!

Yes unfortunately we were unable to attract our former water carrier hemmingway and the usual one trick pony Thackeray.

Enjoy the win lets see if it can be repeated throughout the season and again at Post Office road Road.

Video highlights on Rams forum so you can watch the key moments again. It was the same ref for both sides, the penalty count was 9-8, the pitch was just as heavy and narrow for both sides.

Nine times out of ten Fev would have won a game like that, right at the end they were one pass away from winning. It could have gone either way, we shaded it, but come the end of the season Fev will finish above us.

Thanks for that oldrover,enjoyed the game thought the tackling from both teams was superb we had a game plan & stuck to it,unlike last season I know it might not be pretty at times. I think you'll win the competition & take your rightful place in super league, good luck for Sunday & rest of season!

Makes me smile people going on about game plans, there was no game plan from Dewsbury at all they just defended like there lives depended on it. Yes can just imagine the pre-match team talk "today lads the game plan is to defend" sorry it doesnt happen. Iv played on that pitch and there is no option other than playing down the middle. So to say bastian played into anyones hands is stupid lets not make out it was master tactics on Morrisons part. That 1st half was the best 40 mins of Rugby iv seen for a long time, Dewsburys defence was that good it was almost freakish, but i do think on another day Rovers would of won more comfortably. Can dewsbury carry on playing like that? i have my doubts but time will tell

i thought this season our fitness would be the difference in most games, but first game up we were matched all the way. perhaps it will tell as the season goes on.

Lets face it first half we parked the bus.Played 19th century rugby.Then took you when you hadnt a clue what else to do. lol. see you at your place lads.

wow....amazing what a win does.....now dewsbury fans believe they will now conquer all !! they still wont finish in top 4.....now run along

Who knows now what the season will be. York beat us last season at York. Look where they are now. Was it a one off against Dewsbury or will their season be a successful one. We also have doubts. After the pre season wins when we looked like SL material we now have to go back to the drawing board. Do you feel ET and the likes of Briggs and Kain will make a big difference? What of Smeaton he is back in training so I am told. All lack match pratice or will be climatising in the case of ET. So which way will we jump and will we have a remedy for heavy ground and tight defence. How about the little chip over the top. Would that have worked. Let's hope something is in the offing this weekend. Not the same game plan surely.

Your not very gracious in defeat are you! All were doing is celebrating what was a good win just like you did a couple of seasons ago when you beat cas in challenge cup and rightly so! As for saying we won't finish top 4 if we do brilliant if not it's not end of the world,what's to say you will? Baring in mind what you,Leigh & fax are spending that should be top 3 sorted,but I think eagles will have something to say about that!

Dewsbury were magnificent defensively on Sunday and deserved to win. On that evidence (& their pre season results) theres no reason why they shouldnt be top 4 at least. We lacked a bit of guile on Sunday, hopefully that wil come as the newcomers gel, but most Fev fans I have spoken to accepted we were beaten by a good team last weekend.

I said when fixtures came out the best time to play you was in 1st game which was proved right,because with all new players still gelling plus Kain & Briggs out injured. Good luck for the season

What was the difference between last year at your place and this? Just the bounce of the ball IMO, either game could have gone either way. I just hope it gives your side confidence and you kick on from here, and finish much higher this time.

You've got to be fair as well, and take points off Sheffield, Fax and Leigh!

wow....amazing what a win does.....now dewsbury fans believe they will now conquer all !! they still wont finish in top 4.....now run along

Not all Dewsbury fans

We won on the day and you lost

think Featherstone fans... Or some of them need to put this result to bed and look forward.. It happened.. The record books show it

Concentrate your arrogance and concentration on Halifax..

If not

Might be played 2 lost 2

;)

Not all Dewsbury fans

We won on the day and you lost

think Featherstone fans... Or some of them need to put this result to bed and look forward.. It happened.. The record books show it

Concentrate your arrogance and concentration on Halifax..

If not

Might be played 2 lost 2

;)

I'd put my disappointment behind me by the time I'd got home, I've had way far to many ups and downs on the Fev roller coaster in all my years of being a Fev fan, onwards and upwards!!

That's the spirit Maureen

It was a loss... Not the first nor the last, and I do think it was a good result for you in the long run...

You'll see ;)

That's the spirit Maureen

It was a loss... Not the first nor the last, and I do think it was a good result for you in the long run...

You'll see ;)

Hi Coolie,

Was good to see you Sunday, wasn't my forcast way out :) well played !

All the best for the rest of the year and hope to see you at POR later in the year.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Coolie,

Was good to see you Sunday, wasn't my forcast way out :) well played !

All the best for the rest of the year and hope to see you at POR later in the year.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

Yeah was good to have a catch up

Was a great match and at least for us a fab result.. ;)

I'm sure your lot will be fine for the season... A little blip

Did robin walk out before halftime???

The description sounded like him??

Cheers

Neil

Did robin walk out before halftime???

The description sounded like him??

Cheers

Neil

At afe time??? It was an intriguing game. I can assure you there must have been two bespectacled ginger blokes leaving.... I was there til 15 secs before the hooter as rich n glyn will attest.

Just thinking.... I did shout to scotty."I've had enough of thi, I'm off" as I changed ends!! Poss misinterpretation??

You've only to know scotty to realise 40 mins of endurance of his company is way more than the average bloke can take Neil.

Even all his mates told him they were going behind tge sticks and then sneaked off in the stand whilst he wasn't looking!!!

I can vouch for Robin - 79 minutes and 45 seconds of frustrating,enjoyable game time.

If I were a neutral I would have enjoyed it as a good old fashioned blood n guts mud bath. It took me till Wednesday to get to that place in my head.

As Maureen says- it's a rollercoaster, but the the trend is still upwards, let's not forget that.

Counting the days down to Sunday now where hopefully we will recapture our form

Rich.

That 1st half was the most enjoyable 40 mins of rugby iv seen for a long time

That 1st half was the most enjoyable 40 mins of rugby iv seen for a long time

i agree