Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

Can we top 2,000 v Whitehaven?

85 posts in this topic

What wouldn't go a miss, is if Robyn or someone else involved in the club could have an opinion on this as without a go ahead from the club we can't do anything other than try getting our mates to games ourselves. This as you say nick would be easier to do if we was allowed to use bring a mate for a fiver vouchers against say the less supported sides in the division. Maybe this is something the club could do later on in the season as it's only home game 2 against Whitehaven. I do think though that we should go into town the day before the Whitehaven home match though to do some promoting and dish out them flyers but until anyone from the club gives to go ahead, nothing we can do

DTID re the flyers have you rung the club ? Robyn may not read the message board.

One win against Featherstone and you are all really getting far too carried away - it'll be all doom and gloom again if you get beat at Rochdale on Sunday.

For once I agree with Coolie - a gate of 1000 would be a major achievement against a Cumbrian club who wont bring many fans.

One win against Featherstone and you are all really getting far too carried away - it'll be all doom and gloom again if you get beat at Rochdale on Sunday.

For once I agree with Coolie - a gate of 1000 would be a major achievement against a Cumbrian club who wont bring many fans.

Think it's more about positivity within the club at the moment rather than getting carried away by the Fev result. For the first time in years we seem to have hit the ground running. Improvements to the ground strengthening the squad a decent pre-season all backed up by one of the most heroic defensive displays on the field for years. Lets be optimistic for a change...

Barr humbug... Batley. 

So now wev won 3 on bounce, I see Andy hunt from the reporter as tweeted that glen is appealing towards supporters to turn up in good numbers next week against Whitehaven, so let's do our bit this week and get on to friends and family and entice them to come to the match v haven! Let's try get the lads a big support that they deserve. Was nice to hear radio Leeds praise the large rams support at Doncaster today and glen is also chuffed to bits with the teams support so far. It would be good to also do the flyer push this weekend in town if the weathers good, anyone else up for it? Would be great if we could pack the southstand with rams fans next weekend!

So now wev won 3 on bounce, I see Andy hunt from the reporter as tweeted that glen is appealing towards supporters to turn up in good numbers next week against Whitehaven, so let's do our bit this week and get on to friends and family and entice them to come to the match v haven! Let's try get the lads a big support that they deserve. Was nice to hear radio Leeds praise the large rams support at Doncaster today and glen is also chuffed to bits with the teams support so far. It would be good to also do the flyer push this weekend in town if the weathers good, anyone else up for it? Would be great if we could pack the southstand with rams fans next weekend!

The club and the lads deserve it. 3 Wins out of 3, 2 away from home. Everything around the club is positive at the moment and another win next week, could be top of the pile. Sheffield beat at home today and there next up in the league after Haven. I think its Worky and Swinton then before we meet our friends from across the valley. Could be a special Easter this year! Early days yet but I have a good feel about this season.

Great result against a good Donny side. 3 wins in a row and 3 unchanged teams when was the last time that happened ?

Well done to the Rams for their hard fought victory against the Dons. Keep it up guys. I'll be there next Sunday against Whitehaven, + 2 Others. Lets all get the gate count up.

Think, and it pains me to say so, that we could pick up a few tips from the Doggies in the marketing stakes...check out this link. http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_14386-batley-to-help-bradford-raise-funds.html

Not sure I can be bothered helping the Bulls, they've dug their own hole, but £10 and family tickets and trying to get SL fans who have already played their games on a Friday is spot on.

Think, and it pains me to say so, that we could pick up a few tips from the Doggies in the marketing stakes...check out this link. http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_14386-batley-to-help-bradford-raise-funds.html

Not sure I can be bothered helping the Bulls, they've dug their own hole, but £10 and family tickets and trying to get SL fans who have already played their games on a Friday is spot on.

That's not what some of their fans are saying on their forum Nick. There are lots of complaints about their poor promotional efforts, which don't sound too unfamiliar.

That's not what some of their fans are saying on their forum Nick. There are lots of complaints about their poor promotional efforts, which don't sound too unfamiliar.

Fair point BSJ. Unfortunately I make a point of not visiting the doggies forum. Have to say I like this effort though.

Can we get 2000 in this weekend?

With the under 12's initiative (buy the Reporter on Friday and get a voucher for U12's to enter the Whitehaven game for free) With the fantastic effort by supporters to get people to our games, with our marketing efforts and performance on the field -  I see no reason why we can't get 2000 this weekend.

Tom Coates has put together the following poster, print it, share it and lets go forward together - Rampaging onward!!!

Bgt_K_o1_IYAAx_Us_O.jpg

Is they anyway you can get on to Robyn mate about doing a promotion in town one weekend? Get the fans, afew players and the cheerleaders down along with roger and dish them out? I'm willing to help and imsure others would too . We need to pick a good warm weekend though, preferably the day before we have an home match

Also we need the reporter and the press to make it a big priority to talk us up about trying to get a big crowd this weekend and wanting a big support... Need the club to get on to Andy hunt and also the press. Also need yourself to hammer the message across twitter and Facebook about bringing mates and family's to matches. We can do it if we all try

We'll iv done my bit and got 1 new fan to come Sunday so far.. Working on others. Please all do your bit. Iv spoke to Andy hunt tonight and the reporter are doing a big piece on it in Fridays paper . It's out there on the rams twitter and Facebook too , so all do your bit and help get the lads a support they deserve. #utr

Just sent this message out to all my many rams fans mobile numbers....... Hi everyone. Try bring afew mates Sunday or family members. On twitter and Facebook that the Club are trying to get 2,000 Sunday and want everyone get on to friends and family members to come along. Big piece in reporter about it Friday with free kids vouchers too. Pass it on and let's all try do our bit and top 2,000... Already now got afew new fans coming Sunday. If I can do it and Shipley ram and tom ward, I'm sure we all can! Roll on Sunday!

Commendable of the dogs to help out the Bulls when their so called partner club don't seem to be lifting a finger. :angel:

Commendable of the dogs to help out the Bulls when their so called partner club don't seem to be lifting a finger. :angel:

Well I'll happily lift a finger Grumpy!

:pickeat:

bye the way d.t.i.d. how are you getting on with running the supporters bus?/

That will be all sorted soon sad ram. Got the full prices for all 16, 24 seaters and coaches to all away matches from fourway. The bus however to Rochdale and Doncaster wasn't worth running as numbers weren't high enough and some fans didn't wish to go on heavy drinking session with the Barmy army so drove and made other arrangements. Unfortunately it's going to have to be 2 separate trips for it to work. I don't mind sorting it though as it looks poor on the club not having an official supporters bus to matches and if as numbers and interest is high. I'm sure the longer trips where people won't want to go in cars will be easier and more popular.

I see Glenn's even doing his bit. Out delivering flyers to schools as we speak..

And GOR's bringing his missus on Sunday I hear.

:girlinlove:

Haha. Iv just called in to club and are taking some flyers for dewsbury moor and dewsbury Celtic along with fixture list posters. Be great if someone from shaw cross sharks and thornill area could do same. We need to get the rams in the public eye, especially the amatuer clubs. Remind them we are here, they is a semi pro team in out town. Il drop some at hanging Heaton wmc too as usually is busy Sundays and they also have a rl amatuer team