Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

Can we top 2,000 v Whitehaven?

85 posts in this topic

And GOR's bringing his missus on Sunday I hear.

:girlinlove:

I wouldn't waste the money - I've only taken her to one match (Barracudas at Fartown as it happens) - at half time she asked me "who are  the ones in the red, amber and black shirts again?" . I'll see how the girl friends fixed. ;)

And GOR's bringing his missus on Sunday I hear.

:girlinlove:

Is she the travelling reserve

:tongue:  :tongue:  She's more fearsome than Haggerty - when she's got a strop on anyway.

I'd imagine haven will bring the usual dozen or so.

Predict DEWS 38 haven 6

Any victory, to get 4 out of 4, would be great. We've won a couple of close matches, that last year I think we would have lost.

Be interesting to see if Glenn makes any changes for this week.

Any victory, to get 4 out of 4, would be great. We've won a couple of close matches, that last year I think we would have lost.

Good point Hullram. It must be difficult to change a winning side but those on the sidelines must also be feeling a bit frustrated as well. I reckon GM will make quite a few changes for the Challenge Cup game giving some players a break and others the chance to make an impression.

On paper we should have a relatively easy game against 'haven but this isn't played on paper and we will still have to be at our professional best to gain a victory. I trust that we are, and will.

Wev already sent jason maranka, Marcus Elliot and Conor Nolan on a month loan to Gloucester. All 3 played Sunday at York and do believe Marcus Elliot scored. Maybe afew more will go on loan as the season gets older, however these are 3 younger players with barely no first grade football but great potential. Good move for them.

Touch wood if we win.Apart from the undefeated tour when did we last win our first 4 games.

A thousand would be a sizable crowd for this game with under 100 Haven.

Can't see haven bringing anymore than a coach load, if that.. They avent won a match since they last beat us, last season

So then, who else as managed to persuade a friend, friends or family members to come along Sunday? Iv got 2 new fans coming this weekend.

Commendable of the dogs to help out the Bulls when their so called partner club don't seem to be lifting a finger. :angel:

It will keep em going till  like all sl clubs they get a £300000 windfall from sky for this years tele coverage.  Since the deal involved championship clubs a few grand to us would not have gone a miss.

It will keep em going till  like all sl clubs they get a £300000 windfall from sky for this years tele coverage.  Since the deal involved championship clubs a few grand to us would not have gone a miss.

You won't ever see me helping a SL team in any way. They wouldn't **** on us if we were on fire and most of their fans wouldnt even know who Dewsbury,hunslet, York etc were...

A thousand would be a sizable crowd for this game with under 100 Haven.

What do you guys make of the gate ? 900 probably a bit disappointing with the efforts of some of you, but not bad when you consider that many people would be having their first trip to B&Q and haven brought 22.

That said its probably a good job 1000 new speccies didn't turn up today.

Disappointed we didn't top the 1,000 barrier but that said glad we didn't get a big crowd , doubt they'd come back after today's game. That said we gained 100 on gate from last seasons match so an improvement and haven brought about 20, if that! Average attendance should be up at end of year any how.

I thought you being over optimistic..Your optimism was a little clouded from your visit of Fev who had a very large contingent in the 2096 crowd..Having said that you do deserve a much better following;

It was up compared to the same game last season well done to those that pushed this game. I think 1200 would have a good figure.

I thought you being over optimistic..Your optimism was a little clouded from your visit of Fev who had a very large contingent in the 2096 crowd..Having said that you do deserve a much better following;

what annoys me is afew fans turned up for fev match who didn't today. Id say dews have an hardcore 750- 800 home fans so to gain an extra 100 on the crowd is an improvement

We have to be fair only just started promoting the club . Results won't arrive over night but imsure crowds will pick up as season goes along, especially if we're winning( today was shocking by the way)

I think the turnout today was good. Considering the weather was gorgeous meaning many families will have ventured off for the day, and taking into account that Whitehaven brought only a small following. We improved on last season which means we are certainly heading in the right direction.

what annoys me is afew fans turned up for fev match who didn't today. Id say dews have an hardcore 750- 800 home fans so to gain an extra 100 on the crowd is an improvement

some of us work most sundays due shift patterns, doesn't mean they are any less of a supporter

I didn't mean people who work, meant afew fans who stayed at home to watch the union instead lol . Saying that, they didn't miss much

I didn't mean people who work, meant afew fans who stayed at home to watch the union instead lol . Saying that, they didn't miss much

I was very tempted, and on hindsight wish I had. Don't think the fact that the dogs were at home would have helped either - there are usually a few dogs fans/neutrals or dual supporters in the crowd that would  have been up the mount yesterday. It's going to take a fair bit of success to get us over the 1000 mark every week I'm afraid.

I'd imagine haven will bring the usual dozen or so.

Predict DEWS 38 haven 6

showed youself up there again.