Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

Can we top 2,000 v Whitehaven?

85 posts in this topic

I was very tempted, and on hindsight wish I had. Don't think the fact that the dogs were at home would have helped either - there are usually a few dogs fans/neutrals or dual supporters in the crowd that would have been up the mount yesterday. It's going to take a fair bit of success to get us over the 1000 mark every week I'm afraid.

903 wasn't too bad, don't forget wev only started promoting the club again this season and under 12s go free with a paying adult as only just come into play this weekend. Many people in dewsbury won't know about this just yet but over the season probably will. Be interesting to see how many if these vouchers get used over the season. Iv still to take them to moor rugby club but gave them to 2 teams at dewsbury Celtic last week. Look at it this way, 2 home matches in, and 2 improved crowds on the fixture compared to last seasons figure. I still believe we need to go into town at some point in the season to promote the club and giving out the flyers, players fans roger the ram and the cheerleaders. The club could do plenty to get the fans in , and I hope later on in the season we may re use bring a mate for a fiver for season ticket holders. This seemed a success under warren in increasing the gate. Look on bright side of not getting 2,000 this weekend anyway, if we had got 2,000 they probs wouldn't come back because yesterday was a real let down of a performance.

The attendance was higher than last season, marketing takes time to work and the only guarantee is if you don't do any marketing then things will be worse.

The attendance was higher than last season, marketing takes time to work and the only guarantee is if you don't do any marketing then things will be worse.

Today's gate probably most disappointing of season ?

Reckon they brought 100 at least so missing quit a few rams fans. How are they holding up overall BSJ ?

Today's gate probably most disappointing of season ?

Reckon they brought 100 at least so missing quit a few rams fans. How are they holding up overall BSJ ?

Average league gate is 1265 but we have had all of the big teams so far. We are highly unlikely to top 1000 again this season - Sheffield, Doncaster, Swinton, Barrow, Rochdale, Keighley - and the Barmy Army appear to have deserted. I would be interested to know what average gates we budget for.

Average league gate is 1265 but we have had all of the big teams so far. We are highly unlikely to top 1000 again this season - Sheffield, Doncaster, Swinton, Barrow, Rochdale, Keighley - and the Barmy Army appear to have deserted. I would be interested to know what average gates we budget for.

Cheers BSJ. Astute as ever. What has happened to barmey army ? We were very quiet this week...

dewsbury til i die here but had to start again as i lost my password... Crusaders brought 70 fans sunday according to afew of their fans,not 100,you only have to watch the rams highlights and view the southstand to see this.. but sounded like about 7,000 of them because they was loud and had a drum.. That said 708 was very poor, 638 home fans and many faces missing... I reckon having no curtain raiser knocked about 100 off gate and its now holiday season.. but what is clear is we appear to have stopped promoting the club again and we cant afford to do  that? We really do need to start trying to get the kids watching the club as we appear to have way too many older supporters(no offence) with very few younger supporters watching us. I know we have the under12s go free scheme with paying adults but under 16s go free would be alot better in my oponion. just my opinion???

17 Local Clubs were contacted about the Junior Half Time games but only one could raise a Team because of the

School Holidays and Parents unwilling to help with supervision.

The Club is still trying to promote itself but various avenues have been tried without any response. From

personal experience, the same situation applies when trying to interest Sponsors.

17 Local Clubs were contacted about the Junior Half Time games but only one could raise a Team because of the

School Holidays and Parents unwilling to help with supervision.

The Club is still trying to promote itself but various avenues have been tried without any response. From

personal experience, the same situation applies when trying to interest Sponsors.

The curtain raiser is a great idea though as it adds to the gate and has the potential to get kids and parents back to future games if they enjoy themselves aswel as with both teams plus parents usualy adds around 100 to gate. I never expected UNDER12S GO FREE WITH A PAYING ADULT to work though but it was was a good way to start. Maybe free junior season tickets to all amatuer clubs should be the next step, only as to be a season ticket card... That would have a better chance of working. We may have started marketing with afew ideas but much more could be done.

I don't know how many Junior Season Tickets we sell each Season, I'm sure someone will know, but how about a Free Junior Season Ticket for Free with a Full Priced Adult Season Ticket?

Before anyone shoots me down, I am a parent and understand that the ticket is only a small proportion of the amount I will end up spending when attending a game, so the club will make this money back.

I still think bring a mate for a fiver should come back for one of the games, for season ticket holders, probably best being Swinton match