Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roughyedspud

Roughyeds fans trust

29 members have voted

1. 1. would you become a member

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

238 posts in this topic

Unfortunately the only way CH Will relinquish his control , is when he can no longer obtain a salary out of the company.

When the customer stops purchasing from a business. ...Then that business becomes unsustainable and will fail

so very very sad , but the only way is to cut his income...

chas

hi all

well done to roughyedspud and roughyeds 34 for bringing a good topic up again, and all the other posters for coming on and putting their  genuin points across with no slagging off or name calling, its been a pleasure to read all the point and good point put across, lets just get this topic going somewhere. on another topic similar, ex scrumhalf has come up with a good point, IF the fans do ask or get a meeting with CH about the situation with the club, we do need someone with a business brain or something who can put the fans points across properly, without upsetting anyone,{and before anyone ask what about me, NO i am dumb as a post}, cos surly we do have some fans who are business people who hates whats going on with our great club and would like to say something, lets not let this topic die like all the other. We all love ORLFC   OTWD.

Spud should be the front person for this. I can vouch hes a top chap and genuine orl guy, going back years in the plough! Hes not as daft as you think either. Lets oust CH and replace him with spud.

lol thanks but im just a ideas guy and conduit between the people who should be working together towards a common goal...

id gladly oversee the development of whitebank though...id sort it out in no time at all...

There are other complications that have to be taken into account. You have to be careful how the inland revenue sees any money given to or received by the club. Say the trust raises £100k per annum and uses this as a way onto the board. Then the inland revenue may want a piece of it. So you'll need advice on whether the monies is classed as income, donation or sponsorship or some other form. That advice costs money. It's a minefield.

I would have thought the Inland Revenue would give advice on this if asked at no cost??

:D :D :D you would think wouldn't you. Always treble check what the inland revenue tell you , then see if you can get it in writing in a language you understand.

Just a thought, might not do any good at all, but would it be worth an open letter to the club asking for some meeting/response to the points raised on here signed on behalf of the fans?

Just a thought, might not do any good at all, but would it be worth an open letter to the club asking for some meeting/response to the points raised on here signed on behalf of the fans?

I think it's a great idea to get things moving. Where you suggesting a letter direct to the club with a copy to the Chron?

Yeah Ex, something along those lines. Just a well structured open letter about the concerns of ground, club, merchandise etc all the points that people want answers to within reason of course, no anti CH stuff or anything just a letter voicing the concerns of the fans put properly and correctly. Dont know who may be able to write a letter such as this but i suppose we could open a thread on here just for questions people want answering and go from there, literally just for questions so we dont go over old ground (again!) lol. Someone may have the time to draft a letter who is a bit more academic and subtle than me! :)

good idea roughyeds34 also it might have to be someone who CH hasnt upset or a close friend who we all know.

Spud really admire what you're doing

There's a lot of fans feel the same as you and what you're doing might just spark something to life which may change the club. I really hope so. A letter to the club is definitely a good starting point

What about a fans meeting sometime? For the people who maybe dont read the board to have a say what is put in a letter etc? Seems like we all have the Club at heart after all, a social pint and discussion cant hurt, everyone can have an input who cares about the club and express their opinion. sorry if i am jumping the gun a bit but seems like a way to get all like minded fans together and get to know each other. No CH bashing or petty arguments, just a platform for people to have a natter. I would be willing to have a bash at a location/time/date suitable for all, is it worth a go?

In regard to your post  on the other thread ex scrum half there is only one way to remove a director who is also a majority shareholder.

Purchase a majority of the shares. Give one share to somebody you can trust. Call an ext General meeting with one proposal which is seconded to remove the director you wish to remove, Have a vote and he has to go.

The problem is getting hold of the shares from the majority shareholder who his also the director you want to remove.

Very difficult.

Would anyone sell their shares suspecting what is likely to happen if you do not want to give them up.

I suppose their must be some monetary value at which the shares would be sold.

In the present situation does anybody have any idea what that will be.

Interesting Harry, I aint a financial wizz but i would assume with no assets and probably debt, then the shares aint worth nothing as a LTD company.The only way i could see revenue being generated from that is if the majority shareholder sold a %age as an investment and relinquish x amount of shares. I might be completely wrong though.

The discussions and information that has come out of this are great and show there is some interest in doing something (in whatever way) to help the future of ORLFC. At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseum, the truth needs to be known from CH before anything could/would happen. Just as a pointer we travel to SW this weekend and still have no idea what our new shirts look like never mind the opportunity to buy one! Season tickets have not been issued as far as i am aware, if simple things like this cant be sorted in good time it just shows how backwards the club is as a professional outfit, so i doubt that any progress would be made on a "trust" front or any other,anytime soon. The blame for this must lie at CH's door. The fans must and deserve to know the truth. The ball is definately in the clubs court.

Cluedo, we lost in the GF on the day to a better team on that day (plus the other GF's). Surely you aint suggesting we lost on purpose because of some hidden agenda from the club? If you look at last season the defeat against Oxford and Hornets derailed us being Champs.We lost to NW away by 2 and hammered them at home. The places this season dont matter its all going to come to a GF anyway. We will definately be in the hunt. Go up this season and it opens many opportunities, which i fear the club wouldnt capitalise on going off the track record of bumbling along. Sometimes i truly do despair whats happening behind the scenes, i cant fault the players/coaches etc but the running of the marketing/merchandising/Club is a complete and utter shambles, the product on the park is great, everything else is a mess that cant be put right until the Club/CH tell the truth about debts/ground etc. Until people can make an informed judgement with the facts from all the parties so they can decide wether to invest/back an initiative we are stuck with a "Club" that is turning into an embarrassment to the name of ORLFC. As has been said above somewhere, no one will back a "dead" horse. CH its over to you...............................

I never said we lost on purpose, I was just pointing out that in all reality we should have been promoted lots of times but always fail and I believe that due to the fact just one club gets promoted this season will be no different. Totally agree with the rest of your post but think we will get the usual from CH I would welcome help etc.

Yeah good one Spud, great idea, yep the Britt is still open, we frequent it before home games :) What about the Britt on Hollins Road, 9th March, 12pm onwards? Any good to anyone interested?

12 it is then....someone decide the britt or george?

everyone welcome as are all opinions,good & bad...infact i want fans there with a opposing view...its good for debate and weeding out the bad ideas from the good...

but most importantly...whether this is a good idea or a bad one..we're all oldham roughyeds fans....lets remember that.

Ok as OOTR said George might be easier to sit down etc, Ok decision made lets go with the King George lol.. Spread the word folks , see what interest is out there, also point out if people have fallen out with others or the club and are not attending the game they are still welcome to come and have an input and natter.