Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fat lad

New coach

32 posts in this topic

Sean long leaves London broncos coaching staff thoughts off longy being in control?

Hope not, hes mental and deffinetly not someone we want, awesome player but we dont want that here at Town!

It would be a brave man to appoint Long after recent events- but it might be an inspired choice -or....

As my ole lad says you stand or fall by your decisions.

The reason Long left London was because they wanted to change his contract to a part time one, he said there was too much travelling involved for a part time contract. That rules him out then doesn't it??

Maybe a SL assistant coach will throw his hat in the ring. The likes of Briers or Deacon who may have SL ambitions may see it as the ideal step.

I honestly think we need a proven head coach, not an assistant wanting to step up. Nows not the time for risking anything. Let's get cresta in.

I honestly think we need a proven head coach, not an assistant wanting to step up. Nows not the time for risking anything. Let's get cresta in.

Yeah he would have my vote too - if he'll do it.

I'm not sure Cresta would be interested. He's got a nice job with no pressure as Head Coach of BARLA with overseas tours etc

I'm not sure Cresta would be interested. He's got a nice job with no pressure as Head Coach of BARLA with overseas tours etc

hes already said he's not interested mate.

A lad at work knows Crarey , he txt Crarey asking about the Town job and Crarey said "No he couldnt commit" he showed me the txt too.

Out of the coaches i've seen since the early eighties i'd say other than the obvious Walsh and Ashton that Gary Murdock was the best at getting the best team performances and best from individuals.

It depends on the players you inherit or can sign but to me that shows that you can have a SL or international experience but the best man for the job is the one who's got proven man-management skills and can inspire the people around him.

coaches.doc

Over seas coaches are intrested aswell according to NS

well done to the BOD if that's true they are obviously spreading the word far and wide.

well done to the BOD if that's true they are obviously spreading the word far and wide.

totally agree. A decent Aussie would be welcome, especially if he's got good contact from down below.

totally agree. A decent Aussie would be welcome, especially if he's got good contact from down below.

You`re always thinking about penises, dirty swine.

I think Peter and Butch look like being in charge for the next 3, maybe 4, matches now.    Obviously they are there for this weekend and if we are advertising the post in Monday's papers then you have to give at least a week for applications so that takes care of the Swinton match and then by the time the applications are sorted and interviews arranged that could take in the Barrow away game.    After that we have the Challenge Cup fixture.   Two very crucial games in there with teams we will be fighting against to stay up, so let's hope that the two lads can get it right and they get the full support of all the players.

Gee , looking at it that way , the new coach could face a bad situation by the time he gets in if it goes the wrong way ... Or take over from guys who've started his job for him if it goes right and have got us some momentum . Pray it's the latter . I can't help feeling though that it's what we have on the pitch that ultimately will tell , and that's what we need to work on still .

And another negative is surely we can't bring in any new faces when we don't have a coach in charge.

I was thinking that . A shortterm loan or two of a SL type should be ok though if it's possible . That helps us which helps any new coach

I was thinking that . A shortterm loan or two of a SL type should be ok though if it's possible . That helps us which helps any new coach

but the main one we all would love to get is Adam and I think there would be the opportunity of a season loan as he's not getting in at Salford anytime soon. And I can't see us being able to complete that sort of deal without a head coach. I would expect someone to be in for barrow at the latest.

Yeh , anything long term would need the nod of the new guy . Mmmm it's a toughie .

Got to give props to the board, at least there keeping us informed about the process. Obviously they can't give names out but just letting us know where there at is a very good thing.

Wonder if Carlo Napolitano (Italy World Cup coach) is classed as an overseas coach? Just wondering seeing as there's overseas interest. Not sure if he still lives in UK or not