Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dude02

Should NSW and QLD be standalone international sides in RL?

65 posts in this topic

We already have one country pretending it's three countries and two countries (well, one country and a bit of another) pretending it's one country, and the Maroons and the Blues are well established sides, fans have bought into big time.

It would make sense to have them compete internationally as standalone teams. They would also make the international scene more competitive by not being so far ahead of everyone else.

I think the only way we can have a truly competitive international competition is to do this.By introducing a fourth team and diluting the strenghth of the dominant force it would work.The ridicule from people both inside and outside of the sport means it is not likely to happen -but give it a try for a 4 Nations.

I'm sure this idea comes up at least once a year.  

It's possibly the only thing we could do to make our international set-up even more ridiculous.

Err yeah sure why not. Let's also split NZ into Auckland and Wellington, England into South and North, France into Catalonia and France, and the USA can split into all 50 states. 

If they did that then I can hear the clamour for England to disband and split into Lancashire and Yorkshire. Sounds all a little to tribal for me.

So let's destroy the biggest name in the game in order to make it a bit easier for England and NZ to catch up... when will RL fans ever learn that quick short changes NEVER actually solve the long term issues?

We already have one country pretending it's three countries and two countries (well, one country and a bit of another) pretending it's one country, and the Maroons and the Blues are well established sides, fans have bought into big time.

It would make sense to have them compete internationally as standalone teams. They would also make the international scene more competitive by not being so far ahead of everyone else.

one country pretending it's three countries - who is that?

two countries (well, one country and a bit of another) pretending it's one country and that?

Making NSW and QLD compete separately would be a field day for the media.

one country pretending it's three countries - who is that?

two countries (well, one country and a bit of another) pretending it's one country and that?

Making NSW and QLD compete separately would be a field day for the media.

The UK is pretending it's three countries.

Ireland includes Northern Ireland too, which is part of the UK.

What countries would they represent?

What country does England represent? It's just a region of the UK.

What country does England represent? It's just a region of the UK.

It's a nation within the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

I think it's worth a lot of consideration , a World Cup and international fixtures with 4 legit sides would be good ,also it will give RL a unique differential from other codes ,and allow ARLC to concentrate on states like Victoria and WA ,but every 4 years we can still have a Ashes Series between Australia and GB which would become a massive event esp in Australia!!

Nope.

That was easy - keep em coming.

Monkey tennis, etc...

They could not be International sides.

They would have to be representative sides like the Exiles.

Far too easy for the media to knock. I can see it now "they are so small that have to split up the only good country to make it competitive".

It is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. Will never happen.

They could compete against each other in a 3 match series, that would be awesome!!!

Ridiculous idea. And the probability is that it would be Queensland vs NSW in the world cup final, or the four nations final. I shudder to think of the media reaction, and the fans reaction for that matter.

This idea is even more ridiculous and absurb than England masquering as "Great Britain".

This idea is even more ridiculous and absurb than England masquering as "Great Britain".

Yes, because some regions of a country playing as separate countries is OK, while some regions of a country playing as separate countries is ridiculous and absurd.

Yes, because some regions of a country playing as separate countries is OK, while some regions of a country playing as separate countries is ridiculous and absurd.

Yes, because

some regions of a country playing as separate countries is OK, while

some regions of a country playing as separate countries is ridiculous and absurd.

Yes, I thought so. You've just said one thing is OK, and then said the same thing is ridiculous and absurd.

Isn't that ridiculous and absurd?