Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

No Saxton

69 posts in this topic

Looks like Saxton to miss out this week Going on performance last week surely he would of been one of the first in the squad

Looks like Saxton to miss out this week Going on performance last week surely he would of been one of the first in the squad

Yeah, I thought Tommy was one of our best men last week, but at the end of the day we are not the coach, and the size and quality of our squad this season is a luxury, but an headache for the coach.

if true i think its a joke he was one of the better players last week and he is far superior to chisolm at getting us out of our twenty especially in the heavier ground....brave decision based on the importance of tomorrows game

No joke about having pace over power on our wider pitch , hes already scored some corkers at fev

Depending upon performance Sunday, that will be the time to rotate. Reckon nowt to changing for changing sake

Rotate to suit opposition in some cases !

If every player carry out their duties on the park, they should be able to handle whatever is put in front of them. Rotation for the sake of rotation = unsettled players IMO.

If every player carry out their duties on the park, they should be able to handle whatever is put in front of them. Rotation for the sake of rotation = unsettled players IMO.

Totally agree but this shows that players are not been selected on performance Personally I don't think we will see much of Tommy this year he not high up in the coaches pecking order and what will he have to do to keep his place in the team

if true i think its a joke he was one of the better players last week and he is far superior to chisolm at getting us out of our twenty especially in the heavier ground....brave decision based on the importance of tomorrows game

Not that i agree saxton should be dropped but on the other hand dont think chisholm did too bad scampering down the wing leaving fax defenders for dust on our "heavy pitch" in the friendly vs fax either

We lost last week because we couldn't score when we were well on top, and Jamel has been our top finisher so far, but he hasn't got Tommy's work rate.

It's JB's choice, so let's back him. We lost the best coach in the game twice by criticising his selections!  

Not sure we as supporters have been responsible for the departure of any of the coaching staff Steve - I'd be surprised if they had any regard for the comments on this or any forum. The comings and goings of coaching staff are entirely as a result of the actions of the Board.

I was referring to Peter Fox: He got sacked after the Wembley defeat in 1974 because fans were moaning about Mel Mason being left out. Then when he left in the early 90's a major factor was the fans on the terraces trying to pick the team, mainly over his selection of Jeff Grayshon who was approaching 40 at the time. I have a feeling that one or two fans favourites won't be automatic choices under John Bastian, but it has been proved that the best coaches often make unpopular decisions which turn out to be justified.

Apologies Steve - my knowledge of such matters doesn't stretch back as far as yours. I have to say it is refreshing to read your posts - they appear to be written by someone who has a pretty well balanced opinion.

Thanks for that E.T.U. (Etu, now there's a name that sparks interest!) I have loved this club far too long to get hung up over certain playersbeing left out. Losing big games as red hot favourites has been a bitter pill to swallow over the last few years, and I'm more interested in reversing that trend. 

Tommy Saxton fan club begrudgingly applauded and cheered his try today but he took it well, he ran it in well and dont remember an error being made by him today

....Then when he left in the early 90's a major factor was the fans on the terraces trying to pick the team, mainly over his selection of Jeff Grayshon who was approaching 40 at the time....

I think you're trying to rewrite history there. One of the reasons he left was that the BOARD wouldn't give Grayshon a new contract (who was well into his 40s not approaching),,,,,,,,, although a substantial offer of a job at Bradford had nothing to do with it of course.

I think you're trying to rewrite history there. One of the reasons he left was that the BOARD wouldn't give Grayshon a new contract (who was well into his 40s not approaching),,,,,,,,, although a substantial offer of a job at Bradford had nothing to do with it of course.

Didn't we still have a committee back then? I can remember Peter Fox saying on the radio that at the time Rovers were run by an elected committee, who were influenced by criticism from the terraces. Or was he referring to 1974?

On official club site Tommy has gone to Halifax on a months loan.

Confirmed - looks like he sorted the training issues out then

Good luck to Tommy on his months loan at Fax, he's been one of our most consistent players, wonder who will be next??

Unusual to see him go to a major rival, but we got Barlow on loan from them last year. With Worrincey out injured though, it could give Tommy a chance to shine, and it might be his best opportunity to stake a place on our wing if he comes back (if!).

Could it also be to get him off the wage bill for a month, to make room for a loan signing coming in to us? I hope Briggsy & Kainy came through unscathed, as half-back, and a possible replacement for Nicholson, are the only areas we are short.

Good luck Tommy hope you go well at Fax Might as well play at a club that wants you that at one who doesn't

Never mind we got rid of best scrum half in championship and now one of the best wingers looks like the pre season rumours were actually true Never no it might be Kain next

tommy has been a great servant to the club, and he is great coming out of our half and is a grafter...but his best years are behind him and he does not have the pace he used to have. The new tongan is rumoured to be playing at the weekend and as helliwell and Worthington had solid games I would assume he will be on the wing. so lets see what this guy brings to the table or would you rather have tommy in and him in the stands ??