Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coachman

Jam v Nwc

71 posts in this topic

Sponsorship also

yep all that should add up to a decent amount.

yeah you look at how far 75k would spread out and it's not very. But you have to remember it's not just 75k your dealing with, you need to add on our speedway,lottery,merchandise and with all that you should be looking at a minimum of doubling it.

Well as I see it we already get all the things you mention plus £90k in central funding and we are keeping our heads above water.   In a lower league would we get the same sponsorship amount or would the lottery drop, how much merchandise would we sell.    All that is beside the negativity in being relegated.

I don't think it would affect any of it and it was proven last year that the gates are higher winning more games in a lower league. Added to that if we stay out of the bottom 2 we'd get a parachute payment which I think is £15k is it?

If we go down we will lose our better players especially if any other cumbrian club stays up. We would then lose fans and it could set the club back years

If we go down we will lose our better players especially if any other cumbrian club stays up. We would then lose fans and it could set the club back years

ill be amazed if barrow or haven survive.

We wouldn't lose the players if the other Cumbrian teams went down as they wouldn't want to travel out of Cumbria and it's already been proven in the last 2 years that people would rather see a winning team in a lower league than a losing team in a higher league. That isn't opinion it's proven fact.

If we stay up well be a winning team in a good league though. Town are staying up so let's get positive.

I don't think it would affect any of it and it was proven last year that the gates are higher winning more games in a lower league. Added to that if we stay out of the bottom 2 we'd get a parachute payment which I think is £15k is it?

When we got promoted we finished 4th not in the first two which it will be from next season.    We finished 8th in the higher league last season which will be around the relegation places in the new higher league.    Sorry, but we have to stay up and strengthen the squad none of this going down wont be the end of the world, etc, because that is the unknown.

When we got promoted we finished 4th not in the first two which it will be from next season. We finished 8th in the higher league last season which will be around the relegation places in the new higher league. Sorry, but we have to stay up and strengthen the squad none of this going down wont be the end of the world, etc, because that is the unknown.

thats a very good point Keith. If we stay up be WILL be secure in our future. If we go down, we have no idea what the future holds.

I worry if things continue to be a struggle we'll get more of this ' it won't be so bad ' argument about getting relegated . Oh I think it will . Less money , less attraction to good players , risk of losing our better players , poorer standard of rugby with some awful trips ( we had this for 10 years and it wasn't great ) , no guarantee we'll be winning and romping up soon as it'll be just as much a dogfight as this league , no guarantee on attendances ... Why can't we strengthen and not go bust ? We've hardly splashed out so far have we . Surely there's funds there after what we lost to at least work the loan system - if not then let's know and we'll handle it .The worry is are the players there now , and why should other teams were looking to help us ? We're in a tricky spot , needing reinforcements but with no certainty it's gonna happen in time , if at all , to make a big difference. Staying up is big financial security while we hold it , we must try all we can now to nail it .

What is this thread all about CR### we have only had two games and all this talk about going down bloody hell,good win sunday three points out of three games??????

It's a debate and a valid one ! Doesn't mean it's gonna happen . I think it's fair debate

What is this thread all about CR### we have only had two games and all this talk about going down bloody hell,good win sunday three points out of three games??????

It will be 4 points as we already have one BP.

One thing this restructuring does mean is that right from the first month you get blooming vital games !! Which makes the total lack of exposure and tv coverage twice as criminal

Yeah thats right voodooguru 4 points and a win at barrow makes 7 not a bad start?????

rather a bold statement that, id concentrate on your own goings on there's enough to worry about their to keep you busy

rather a bold statement that, id concentrate on your own goings on there's enough to worry about their to keep you busy

The Irony of you coming on our forum to tell us to concentrate on our own goings on. Are you really that simple?

The Irony of you coming on our forum to tell us to concentrate on our own goings on. Are you really that simple?

yep!

Let's face it for both teams it's going to be a long hard struggle to finish outside the relegation places !!

For all 3 I think!

However, its only 2 games in.....

Why? We've lost to a decent NWC side away and were unlucky to miss out on a bonus point and were hammered by Leigh, which a LOT of teams will be this year

Whereas you have lost to Doncaster at home and Batley away by a similar scoreline to ours in Wrexham

Yet you'll be amazed if we go down this early on into the season?

Why? We've lost to a decent NWC side away and were unlucky to miss out on a bonus point and were hammered by Leigh, which a LOT of teams will be this year

Whereas you have lost to Doncaster at home and Batley away by a similar scoreline to ours in Wrexham

Yet you'll be amazed if we go down this early on into the season?

I would have been amazed if barrow survived before a ball was kicked. As it stands I don't think any of the 3 Cumbrians have the squads to survive.