Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John North

Rochdale 12 Rams 42 - Discuss the game here

59 posts in this topic

Against a team with 5 saints in. 2 of them

Scored rochdales 2 try's and mark Flanagan and That prop walker also played. A good win in end. Interesting on radio Leeds, glen wasn't too impressed with the last 2 wins completion rates in first half. Says we need to improve on this as defence as won us the last 2 matches. Think first half our completion rate was only 40 percent. Second half was obviously a lot better

Could have been 6 Saints as Jon Wilkin was there watching the game.

Brill Job Oz Ive been missing your match reports.

Me too. Keep 'em coming Chris.

Great game lads, a lot tougher than a lot of people thought it would be. Hard work in defence in the first half won this game for us, remember defence wins games, then the points will come.

Thought Thackeray had a poor game until late in the second half and as for Sherriff, he had a nightmare.

An outstanding performance from Brown, scoring one and making two and having one dissallowed. Tommy Gallagher had a good game when he came on, Spicer was also outstanding.

So keep up the good work lads and I am looking forward to next week.

Just a thought is it possible to put some match stats up ie top tackler or how tackles made?

One team that beat Featherstone last season was York..They ended up being relegated; Another one was Swinton..avoided relegation on last day; Doncaster who you play very soon; Beating Featherstone is no passport to success; Enjoy your season;

One team that beat Featherstone last season was York..They ended up being relegated; Another one was Swinton..avoided relegation on last day; Doncaster who you play very soon; Beating Featherstone is no passport to success; Enjoy your season;

First step for any team apart from fev,fax,leigh is to avoid the bottom 5.Then you can aim for the sky.

I wasn't there today but Sheriff hasn't really impressed me so far. What has happened to Jordan Grayston, who I understood to be an outstanding full back? I do hope that we're not going to have a team that "picks itself" despite the winning start. Players need to feel that there is competition for a starting place.

Jordan's Aunty is a neighbour of mine. She told me on the day of the Featherstone match that Jordan hadn't been considered because he was carrying a groin strain.

Now GM has the problem of deciding whether or not to change a winning side to accommodate players who he may previously have thought were going to be his first choice. Not a bad problem for a coach to have, and far preferable to having to worry about who can step in if a key player is injured.