Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Bradford Bulls deducted 6 points & purchasers withdraw

243 posts in this topic

I think 6 points for going into administration is quite frankly a joke.

It's the equivalent of 3 wins.

The same as Widnes and all other Teams that went into Administration previously.

The same as Widnes and all other Teams that went into Administration previously.

Except Wakefield and Crusaders who got 4.

I think it should be more IMHO.

It's not a harsh enough penalty IMO. You should be deducted more points for not being able to run your club properly. They're obviously competing outside of their financial capability which I do not think is fair on other clubs. They've probably taken points off other clubs with a team they cannot afford, regardless of how good the team is. You should not make decisions within your club you cannot afford. Simple as that in my opinion and you should be punished more.

Not to mention the farce it causes for another people with people not getting paid people losing money ect.

Totally agree 6 points with wakey and London imploding is nothing, throw them out with the new club in C1

They got 6 point deduction in 2012 for Admin so what did they expect?

Terrible news for the fans and players but the statement about a 6 point deduction making relegation a certainty is laughable.

They're only two games in for god sake. For 2014 ltd to come out with that is laughable. The bulls have the players to stay up if they all stay fit,it shows a lack of confidence in the said players.

Except Wakefield and Crusaders who got 4.

Rules changed since?

Either way "three wins" was the amount being openly discussed for the past couple of weeks.

Rules changed since?

Either way "three wins" was the amount being openly discussed for the past couple of weeks.

Don't think it was rule changes, I think Crusaders and Wildcats got some leniency due to the amount of debt they were prepared to pay back.

Reading that RFL statement, it would appear that the new Bulls owners were not able to commit to pay back their debts.

On a more positive note, it might shut up those who have tried to argue that Bradford will be treated leniently. Although apparently staying up is now merely a formality so its no real punishment after all.

wow a pretty damning response, how could these possible owners attempt to buy the club with the clubs money?

I find it mad that they were allowed to be running the club before they purchased it. 

They're only two games in for god sake. For 2014 ltd to come out with that is laughable. The bulls have the players to stay up if they all stay fit,it shows a lack of confidence in the said players.

Considering we've lost two key players to other teams, and another key player to injury, and special measures means we can't sign anybody, do you really think we'll stay up?

I find it mad that they were allowed to be running the club before they purchased it.

Somebody had to run it.

yes a very strange sequence of events for sure

ouch, quite blunt!

And well done RFL for exposing them, this needs a supporters trust asap unless it's sold to fax for a quid- could you buy the club and move it like any good franchise?

If that's all true how on earth were they allowed to start the season in SL?

Why should issues regarding the ownership of a club be reason to exclude said club from SL?

Hopefully, there'll be a meeting of season-ticket holders to tell us what is going on and what are the options.

Somebody had to run it.

Isn't that for the administrator to sort? Seems to be a bit of a try before you buy kind of deal.

If that's all true how on earth were they allowed to start the season in SL?

I suppose because ultimately the club were still functioning. They have played their couple of fixtures so far and have done well considering. 

In other sports there are often power battles going on all the time.

Why should issues regarding the ownership of a club be reason to exclude said club from SL?

Because, just like now, there was clearly no funding available to get them to the end of the season. Good grief we're only 2 weeks into the season and they already need £500k to just keep going.........