Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROVERS FOREVER

Featherstone Rovers VS North Wales Crusaders

82 posts in this topic

I'm sorry , but you have to realise that you are in a bigger league now , Youre next visitors will bring 80 fans . so don't slag us off for bringing 400 + Who ok got a little out of hand but filled your pockets. To be honest if you don't want to be in our league and whinge about it then get religated

I don't think anyone was slagging off Featherstone Rovers; I welcome all rugby league supporters to the Racecourse and was genuinely excited about one of the biggest and best teams in the Championship visiting and yes we do welcome the large away support to the ground - for one thing it makes a great atmosphere when both sides have good support.  Our club is proud of it family oriented values.  The supporters always refer to each other as the Cru family. We have good support from families and we want to keep it that way. If supporters can't go to a game without 'effing and jeffing in front of children then they need to take a long look at themselves.

Of course we want to be in the Championship but that doesn't mean accepting unacceptable language. As Mureen said - its about respect.

Lowfield appears to be one of those that have, and will continue to give Rovers a bad name. Grown adults should realise that swearing and being abusive in front of children is wrong... Unfortunately from what I can see, a larger that normal minority have always ruined Featherstone Rovers which is unfair to the genuinely nice people that support the club.

So by having a different opinion to you i give the club a bad name then

Look i dont really care how our fans behave, i care how i myself behave and i drank plenty and didnt say anything wrong to anyone, came home and had a good day, thats all i care about, what does get to me though is bars taking money off drunken people, serving them more drink then complaining later how they behaved

What an absolutely cretinous series of posts you've made on this thread. Whether someone has drunk 'a few too many' or not, behaving like an animal in front of other people who may be offended is unacceptable and utterly moronic. What your club should be doing is rooting out those who clearly embarrassed Featherstone Rovers on Sunday and caused the uproar from Crusaders fans - not condoning their behaviour because they they were allowed to carry on drinking by bar staff. I've rarely seen any bar person turn away a customer for being a little tipsy - it just doesn't happen, and I suspect that you already know this. If you can't take responsibility for your own actions after you've had a few pints, then you don't deserve to be a in a sports stadium - or any public place, for that matter.

What an absolutely cretinous series of posts you've made on this thread. Whether someone has drunk 'a few too many' or not, behaving like an animal in front of other people who may be offended is unacceptable and utterly moronic. What your club should be doing is rooting out those who clearly embarrassed Featherstone Rovers on Sunday and caused the uproar from Crusaders fans - not condoning their behaviour because they they were allowed to carry on drinking by bar staff. I've rarely seen any bar person turn away a customer for being a little tipsy - it just doesn't happen, and I suspect that you already know this. If you can't take responsibility for your own actions after you've had a few pints, then you don't deserve to be a in a sports stadium - or any public place, for that matter.

Easy calling someone a cretin hiding behind a key board isnt it, Behaving like animals? lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey. Drunken fans shouldnt of got through the turnstile end of, drunken fans shouldnt of been served alcohol, But no ones money was going to be turned away by the hard up Welsh team was it

There's nothing wrong with going to a match and having a few sherberts and having a good time,but lets not bring the name of Featherstone Rovers down with it.Featherstone Rovers is ( in my opinion ) the greatest community club going.Just look at all the fantastic work that's going on all around this club at the moment with the backing it 's now getting,to the unbelievable voluntary work going into the stadium development of which I'm sure we are all eternally grateful of and all the work put in by the representatives of Featherstone Rovers staff out in the community and surrounding areas.

I remember the first game I came to at POR,it was Jan 1991 against St Helens,yes the one where Alex Murphy kept his team in the dressing room an extra five minutes at half time whilst the Fev players froze and they stuffed us in the second half,I have never laughed so much at the comical comments from the Featherstone comedians around me in the crowd.Now you might wonder why I'm rambling on but prior to this from being a 7 year old boy to into my early 20's I watched Leeds but from that freezing January day in 91 I was hooked on Featherstone and now genuinely could not give two hoots about the Rhino's because even with all the success they have had they lack the sense of community and soul that this club has.

When I speak to fans from other clubs and tell them I support Featherstone,you can see the sense of forbodding etched in their furrowed brows as the memories of visits to POR come back to them and for 95% of them a wry smile followed by the comment of 'I used to love coming to Featherstone to my team play yours' but for the other 5% it was a comment about a minority of fans behaviour!

So the club statement released about the behaviour of the minority and pulling up the individuals about this behaviour,is correct,proper and in the good of the clubs interests,because when we do get into Super League let the support be vociferous and strong but let it be respectful to all around us too.

Forza Fev

Lowfield, like each of us, is entitled to his opinion. In fact there is a place in the world for people like Lowfield - people who have the ability to offer balanced and unprejudiced views of events in contrast to the blinkered views presented by many who post on this and other forums, people who have the temerity to suggest that we should take responsibility for our actions.

The world needs people like Lowfield who can remind us from time to time of the difference between right and wrong, lest we forget!

Easy calling someone a cretin hiding behind a key board isnt it, Behaving like animals? lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey. Drunken fans shouldnt of got through the turnstile end of, drunken fans shouldnt of been served alcohol, But no ones money was going to be turned away by the hard up Welsh team was it

For a point of clarity - North Wales Crusaders receive NO income from the bar sales or food sales within the Racecourse stadium. The stadium is owned by Glyndwr University and they receive the income from the concessions.

NW Crusaders do not receive income from any sales in the Turf or Wetherspoons or any other pubs that sold beer on Sunday.

The club do receive income from the turnstiles and your point about not admitting drunken fans is a fair one and will be included in the club's review, as will the lack of effective stewarding.

To be fair your stewards were very friendly and helpful don't know what they could of done to stop the language. Regarding stopping drunken fans in the ground is over the top as fans can still behave with a drink in them . The fact is a few went too far on Sunday with a bit of luck the club will sort it they know who they are don't over react your club did nothing wrong

I think its only fair to include observations from Featherstone supporters in the review. There have been comments passed to me regarding he seating arrangements and the effectiveness of the stewarding as well as one or two Cru fans gesturing towards Featherstone fans. If we want to improver the fans experience at the Racecourse then we have to take all views on board.

I think its only fair to include observations from Featherstone supporters in the review. There have been comments passed to me regarding he seating arrangements and the effectiveness of the stewarding as well as one or two Cru fans gesturing towards Featherstone fans. If we want to improver the fans experience at the Racecourse then we have to take all views on board.

Gogledd,

Be carefull not to go down the segregation route, I had a good conversaion talking to a couple sat behind us (Cru fans) it would be a shame to lose this interaction between supporters from different clubs.

Gogledd,

Be carefull not to go down the segregation route, I had a good conversaion talking to a couple sat behind us (Cru fans) it would be a shame to lose this interaction between supporters from different clubs.

Segregation is not something I'm in favour of and I have made my views know to the club. I also like the interaction with other supporters throughout the day including in the stadium. My view is that fans like to sit/stand together to chant but there shouldn't be any restriction on fans wanting to mingle. The university end of the Racecourse Mold Road Stand (where most of the Fev fans were) was designated as the 'away end' but there was no restrictions on where people sat and I hope this will continue.

After all those comments, I am pleased that I did not attend. I have supped plenty in the past, but always in the right place. IMO, sport, of any nature and alcohol simply do not mix, causes nowt but problems.

There's always been chants and noises made. I used to travel extensively alone in my younger days to watch Fev away, (because of my job I lived in Leeds at the time), and never had any trouble. Why? Because I never wore my Fev shirt. That way I could mingle at any end and watch the game with impunity. I used to applaud ALL good moves and tries and had friendly chats with all about me. Even at Cas. The art of diplomacy. Mind I was alone and I kept well away from the noisy mob which existed even in those days and there was a bit of aggro.  People generally speaking are OK.

After all those comments, I am pleased that I did not attend. I have supped plenty in the past, but always in the right place. IMO, sport, of any nature and alcohol simply do not mix, causes nowt but problems.

Agreed.  I like nothing more than having a skin full, but can't ever imagine doing it at the Rugby.

Besides any behaviour issues, those who do drink plenty at a game must miss half of it going to the bog and back.

It's an important source of revenue for most clubs though, so it's a difficult circle to square.

The Cru club did nothing wrong; It was swearing that was the issue and that can be heard even if there is segregation; The only minor issue I had relating to the hosts was their chanting of "stand up for the crusaders" whereby their fans stood up and blocked the view of others; As I said this was a minor irritation for visiting fans otherwise I really enjoyed my visit to Wrexham;

well to be honest about this whole sad affair. I myself had a great day out and met many nice folk. I did stay away from our drunken idiots, well you do don't you. But to all you in North Wales I wish you the best and thanks personally for  a teriffic day.

Segregation is not something I'm in favour of and I have made my views know to the club. I also like the interaction with other supporters throughout the day including in the stadium. My view is that fans like to sit/stand together to chant but there shouldn't be any restriction on fans wanting to mingle. The university end of the Racecourse Mold Road Stand (where most of the Fev fans were) was designated as the 'away end' but there was no restrictions on where people sat and I hope this will continue.

Are you going to do anything about your players finger gesture to the fans??

Are you going to do anything about your players finger gesture to the fans??

the review of the event means just that. All incidents will be reviewed including any reaction by our supporters and our players. I am sure that it was only one of the Crusaders players reacting to 40 or so people chanting about his physique unless you have any other information.

I'd be interested to know what Featherstone are doing to curb the foul and abusive language heard at the Racecourse.

PS if you check my previous post I have passed on comments from yourself and other Featherstone fans regarding stewarding and reaction to the chanting from our fans.

the review of the event means just that. All incidents will be reviewed including any reaction by our supporters and our players. I am sure that it was only one of the Crusaders players reacting to 40 or so people chanting about his physique unless you have any other information.

I'd be interested to know what Featherstone are doing to curb the foul and abusive language heard at the Racecourse.

PS if you check my previous post I have passed on comments from yourself and other Featherstone fans regarding stewarding and reaction to the chanting from our fans.

irrelevant what the fans chanted to him, the finger gesture was given to all fans women and children inclusive. Any pro-semi pro player worth his salt wouldnt react to whatever any fan shouted at him. You have the brass neck to tell us not to bring the potty mouths next time, as though WE can do anything about it, but fail to mention the disgusting act of 1 of your own players in front of women and children

If we hadnt have been chanting "you fat b......." to him in first instance maybe he might not have reacted as that is what he reacted to

Although it was meant in jest it was us who probably started it

I trust the relevent investigation, complaints, reviews have been completed - Think we should all move on now

If we hadnt have been chanting "you fat b......." to him in first instance maybe he might not have reacted as that is what he reacted to

Although it was meant in jest it was us who probably started it

I trust the relevent investigation, complaints, reviews have been completed - Think we should all move on now

Probably a dozen people were chanting that, his finger gesture was made to everyone. Be great to move on wouldnt it the fact we had to go to explain OURSELVES to red hall means others havent moved on

Probably a dozen people were chanting that, his finger gesture was made to everyone. Be great to move on wouldnt it the fact we had to go to explain OURSELVES to red hall means others havent moved on

Yes maybe a dozen or so were singing this, but it was for all to hear. I've tried hard not to comment today on this topic, but if I remember Dave, you were one of the people last week on Facebook urging people to move on from last Sunday. Let the people in power deal with the situation and let's stop a slanging match!!!

I didn't see the gesture either!!!

Yes maybe a dozen or so were singing this, but it was for all to hear. I've tried hard not to comment today on this topic, but if I remember Dave, you were one of the people last week on Facebook urging people to move on from last Sunday. Let the people in power deal with the situation and let's stop a slanging match!!!

I didn't see the gesture either!!!

But then i found out 1 of our officials had to go to Red Hall over it in the week, its irrelevant how many chant if the player cant handle that he would last no more than 5 mins playing amateur rugby

Once again - for clarity - ALL the points raised by Fev fans on here have been forwarded to our board of directors for inclusion in the review of the day - including foul and abusive language, our fans reactions, our players reactions and the stewarding.  I hope that any points raised will be addressed by our club as necessary.