Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil

Moving house

33 posts in this topic

Hope all went well mate. I moved 800 Km in 2012 against what I wanted, but the wife wanted to move near her parents. I work sometimes doing removals when our firm need somebody to cover a person sick or on Holidays. The stuff people have! Have moved people all around Europe as we do move soldiers alot from various Nato bases etc. Long hours involved in many removal jobs. 

Phil, i trust it all went well...but what happened to "all property is theft"?

Have I ever said that?

You need to look at what Proudhon actually said

All went well thanks still unpacking and what have you

Double post

Have I ever said that?

You need to look at what Proudhon actually said

All went well thanks still unpacking and what have you

I don't recall saying you ever did say that but its maybe something you might have did.

What did Proudhon, whoever he is, say?

I don't recall saying you ever did say that but its maybe something you might have did.

What did Proudhon, whoever he is, say?

He was a 19c anarchist he did indeed say property is theft but that needs to be taken in the context of the full statement

"Property is theft property is liberty property is impossible"

Often misquoted much like Marx who advocated the "abolition of private property AS A MEANS OF SOCIAL CONTROL"

Anyway enough tittle tattle boxes to shift :-(

My first post on here, I have moved 6 times in the last 10 years due to being an NHS Doctor, and having to move every time my rotation shifts me, one of the advantages of NHS employ is plenty of large cardboard boxes available.

Moving from the Royal Free Hospital to a consultancy in August, in Southampton & marrying my boyfriend who is a Hull FC fan, who is already a consultant in Soton, in Cardiology, we are looking to get a small aircraft on his pilots license so we can hire a plane to travel from Soton to Humberside A/port for home games next year (2015)

:blink:

Belated welcome aboard. Was that post a serious one?!?

Flying doctors eh?

On the subject of removals, a few years ago, a guy in the Hull area set up a business with a Luton van with the slogan "MAN WITH VAN CAN".

I  saw his vehicle with a flat tire in Tickton a while back, I was tempted to stop and add an apostrophe and a "T" on the end.