Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldham13

South Wales v Oldham

39 posts in this topic

Score Updates From Today's Game

South Wales v Oldham

Kick Off 3pm

Beeb sport says abandoned in the results but Oldham on 2 points in the league table.

RFL league tables shows both teams on zero matches played, the match must have been scratched and it looks like it will be replayed? 

Pretty sure result will stand, 90% of game had been completed and not close

The score used to stand in abandoned rugby games after 60 minutes had been played. Don't know if that's still the case.

The result Will stand and Bloomfield said he was suffering from hypothermia the conditions were unbelievable it was virtually unplayable tbh

The result Will stand and Bloomfield said he was suffering from hypothermia the conditions were unbelievable it was virtually unplayable tbh

You lot must be getting soft since you moved from Watersheddings , Now that was a bloody cold place. Second coldest game I ever went to was there one Boxing Day. Coldest was a cup game at York in a blizzard. My mate had a hip flask of whiskey that saved our lives.

Spent many cold afternoons at Watersheddings over the years but the coldest match I can ever recall was one New Years Day against Huddersfield at Fartown......my now wife, then my girlfriend , was with me......she must have been bloody mad......well, that's what she's always telling me now !

Boundary Park in the Challenge Cup against Castleford. We were there because Watersheddings was frozen solid. I vaguely remember the Castleford physio running through our line of play and knocking the ball to the ground in the dying moments, just when it looked like we could steal the game. The rest of the team had to pull Andy Goodway off him when the hooter went.

Roughyeds have been awarded the win.

Credit to South Wales, and to Mike for supporting the decision. Tremendous sporting decision, especially as the opportunity for the extra point meant plenty to play for, if not the result.

(And to JohnnyG for the scooop)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/26437025