Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Match sponsor today at Halifax

35 posts in this topic

You've missed my point distantdog. I've no real desire to know who anybody is, but surely you cannot agree that someone can have a go at someone or something just based on perception or heresay, they should have the balls to say who they are & not hide behind a username. The pertinent point to your post being that you are civil & polite, therefore you've no reason to qualify who you are. If I came on here & said distantdog is this that or the other I'm sure you'd be interested to know who's posting it. 

I assume then that because it's an internet forum the inference is that the users are immune from acting in a responsible & courteous manner? You, as stated act in a way thats the aformentioned, other people don't & should have the courage to say, this is me & my opinion is based on the following FACTS, unfortunately this type of Social Media attract (in limited cases) a certain type of individual who just wants to have a pop at whoever without knowing that person. When posting general opinions usernames are not an issue because they are not aimed at anyone individually. If I posted "Kear out" for example I would put my name to it. I'm sure the people that posted such a statement in the sticky patch last year didn't & more than likely would, if they bumped into him at the Mount, smile in his face & shake his hand, which to me is the sign of a coward. 

For me it's about the courage of your conviction. It may be that I'm out of touch & turning into an old man, I was brought up to respect people & if I have any issues I'll speak with that person, not post anonymously, showing no balls to front up.

It's puzzling but why wouldn't you want people to know who you are? There's nothing wrong with supporting your club, showing passion & posting as such - why is that something that people feel the need to be anonymous about??

You've missed my point distantdog. I've no real desire to know who anybody is, but surely you cannot agree that someone can have a go at someone or something just based on perception or heresay, they should have the balls to say who they are & not hide behind a username. The pertinent point to your post being that you are civil & polite, therefore you've no reason to qualify who you are. If I came on here & said distantdog is this that or the other I'm sure you'd be interested to know who's posting it.

I assume then that because it's an internet forum the inference is that the users are immune from acting in a responsible & courteous manner? You, as stated act in a way thats the aformentioned, other people don't & should have the courage to say, this is me & my opinion is based on the following FACTS, unfortunately this type of Social Media attract (in limited cases) a certain type of individual who just wants to have a pop at whoever without knowing that person. When posting general opinions usernames are not an issue because they are not aimed at anyone individually. If I posted "Kear out" for example I would put my name to it. I'm sure the people that posted such a statement in the sticky patch last year didn't & more than likely would, if they bumped into him at the Mount, smile in his face & shake his hand, which to me is the sign of a coward.

For me it's about the courage of your conviction. It may be that I'm out of touch & turning into an old man, I was brought up to respect people & if I have any issues I'll speak with that person, not post anonymously, showing no balls to front up.

It's puzzling but why wouldn't you want people to know who you are? There's nothing wrong with supporting your club, showing passion & posting as such - why is that something that people feel the need to be anonymous about??

But why shouldn't l want to be anonymous? Why do you find that puzzling? If people have a go at me, and a number have, l couldn't care less because in reality they have no idea who l am. I would feel more defensive if they knew who l was and still had a go at me as l would be concerned that they were having a go at me because of who l was and not because of what l say.

I certainly do not feel the need to reveal who l am based on the request of someone who is annoyed by the odd post.

Interestingly, even though l know several names of members of this forum, and despite our community being rather small, l still have no idea who anyone is, and long may it remain so.

Regards

Mr. D. Dog

9'oller

Otherwise known as don kiddick.

Ask Piggy he'll tell you who I am, failing that just say hello to tthe best looking bloke at the mount that's me and I'm not being big headed there's some real munters at the mount....seriously I stick out like like someone with one head at dewsbury :lol:

Your not the bloke with a blonde perm are you.

So 80's old pal

Your not the bloke with a blonde perm are you.

So 80's old pal

works every time when combined with the old medallion ;)

But why shouldn't l want to be anonymous? Why do you find that puzzling? If people have a go at me, and a number have, l couldn't care less because in reality they have no idea who l am. I would feel more defensive if they knew who l was and still had a go at me as l would be concerned that they were having a go at me because of who l was and not because of what l say.

I certainly do not feel the need to reveal who l am based on the request of someone who is annoyed by the odd post.

Interestingly, even though l know several names of members of this forum, and despite our community being rather small, l still have no idea who anyone is, and long may it remain so.

Regards

Mr. D. Dog

Got to agree with you DD- personally I don't post with my user name to avoid embarrassment to family and friends (some of whom are dogs supporters) who may not agree with my views, and because (from personal experience with facebook) I don't particularly want to increase the number of "friends" I have. I try not to post anything offensive or malicious, so hopefully I don't come into the category of keyboard warrior, but if anybody did want to discuss something with me personally, they could always PM me, and I'd let them know where and when I can be found.