Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hunsok3

york sunday

102 posts in this topic

They even get a Ryan Bailey is god t shirt and a free shot for every punch he throws, just hope a lot of Southstanders turn up and buy their discounted tickets to watch the big man in action.

another question dodged. By the way put my name down for a few of them t shirts I'm running out of rags for washing the car

I've been told that bailey is in for Wilson, not sure if he's picked up a knock or just dropped.

at least the sun is shining !

We were poor to be honest scoreline don't suggest it but we were comical at times in that game but roll on next week and can't take anything away from York they were faster more creative and took their chances Hood'Wilson and Haley were stand outs for me

Thought haley was terrible 2day. Looks like a few on here are eating their hats 2nite. Shocking performance, only positive was aston wilson who was supurb

Thought haley was terrible 2day. Looks like a few on here are eating their hats 2nite. Shocking performance, only positive was aston wilson who was supurb

Not sure I ever want to agree with anything you say Macca. But I agree. Hood and Wilson were best. Hayley looks unfit and overweight as does Coyle and March. Ballard cost us at least 2 or 3 after letting the ball bounce and no effort jumping for the ball.

There will be a more comprehensive slating tomorrow from me

York looked like they wanted it more from minute 1 the bonus point paints completely the wrong picture. Hunslet looked like they didn't need to turn up to win. Very dangerous attitude to have but that's down to coaching. I heard the crowd was about 400 I would say there was double that amount

Haley looked good with ball in hand but struggled elsewhere, as other have said he didn't look fit

Too many mistakes that cost us tries at both ends.pressley in first 20 mins the difference , otherwise we couldve and maybe shouldve won it.Our kicking game is really ###### ( could do with a kicking coach)looked to be more than 409 there,if true it doesnt look good for rest of the season.

I hope that performance gives the players a kick up the backside believing all the hype they have been getting.

All that experience in the centre & wing on the left side yet they looked they have never played the game before.

Hood & the 2 hunslets sons are the ones who can take any credit from today.

I wonder if they are anymore ex players sons can play.

And they are ex Leeds players your referring to. 2 more of them to come in too

I know rams have lost,we were ,but my aching sides losing to injury hit York ha ha ha love it!!!!

I know rams have lost,we were ######,but my aching sides losing to injury hit York ha ha ha love it!!!!

Shouldn't you be more concerned with hiding your kids under the bed?

Aye, plenty to moan about this week folks. I think some are the club really are starting to believe the hype though I don't think it was a well-selected team. Smith and Presley in the York half-back shirts were head and shoulders above our pair, who looked like strangers to each other. It's hardly the best kept secret in the game that Grimshaw is much more at home and dangerous down the left, so why are we using him down the right? Whilst Coyle probably had his worst game in a Hunslet shirt.

Not at all sure that March should be at hooker with the other options we have available in that role and I really don't know what got into Haley, he seemed much more interested in getting into a fight than playing prop-forward yesterday.

Not many came out of yesterday with reputation enhanced ... Wilson, Hood when he came on, maybe Kain, that's about it.

Congratulations to York, the better side by considerably more than the two-point final margin ... even if our final try, which included a ludicrous forward pass, had been chalked off, 20-28 would have still have been on the flattering side. And yes, even with fewer York fans than normally make the trip in attendance yesterday, there were well over 409 there.

I would hope we're looking to get this one out our system against Oxford next week.

are all these Scandinavians paying Their £12 to get in tomorrow?

Yes, Not only did they all pay the £12 they also bought virtually every shirt, scarf in the club shop. I believe over £1,000 taken over the counter in the shop alone. most started arriving in the Phoenix from about 12:30 so can only guess what they spent at the Bar. 

In the end around 45-50 turned up and a lot that I talked to said they would return to the SLS the next time they were over watching LUFC

Don’t feel in a generous mood today so don’t be expecting any nicety's from me.

Where do I begin with this apart from what a load of rubbish. On a par with some of the worst performances I have seen from Hunslet since I began watching them. There was absolutely no attacking play at all apart from the drives that Wilson did and when Hood came on and tried something different like darting from the ruck. The forwards pushed through as single units and there was zero support play with nobody to hand off to.

I'm going to be critical and start with the backs then move forward because it was the backs for me that lost the game on Sunday.

Kain - boring, steady and sluggish. This team is crying out for an attacking FB like Watson. He may be renowned for more mistakes than Kain but he will be a massive danger when him and Hood combine.

Maples - Works very hard for me. Out of position for a few of the kicks, but chased back well to stop a certain try.

Wilson - Good start but needs to man-up. He is a big unit so needs to plough his way through more. Falls into tackles when driving forward so loses ground. Did enough to retain his place.

Maun - extremely poor performance. Looks good going forward but weak on the defensive. Got bullied all day. You cannot play a player based on reputation.

Ballard - Worst player on the pitch on Sunday. Cost us 2 or 3 tries by letting the ball bounce and never climbed for a high kick once into the corner. Looked uninterested in defence.

Grimmer - Poor display, did he do any kicking? A greedy player and got caught out every time when going for the line when he should have been playing the set pieces.

Coyle - Looks over weight and slow. Made wrong decisions and the kicking was always down the throat of York's back line.

March - Looks unfit and was very slow playing the ball from the ruck. Ruck speed is paramount and his was woefully slow.

Oakes - usually a wrecking ball but got bullied all day. Worst performance so far from him.

Haley - looks unfit and was struggling to get back behind the ref after a tackle. Wasn’t the worst player but people on this forum say he was bad.

Rest of the forwards I don't really have an opinion on.

So for next week I would drop Kain for Watson, Ballard for Akidere, not use March at Hooker at all and use Hood and/or Tebb/Cantebury. Bring Davies in and give Cooke a run for Maun. I would also consider bringing in Ansell for Coyle.

But who am I to judge.

Maun - extremely poor performance. Looks good going forward but weak on the defensive. Got bullied all day. You cannot play a player based on reputation.

Oakes - usually a wrecking ball but got bullied all day. Worst performance so far from him.

bullyno1.jpg

Haha

Keep out of the black and in the red.

You get nothing for two in a bed.

Moooooooooooooohh

Well Gazmeister I agree with about every word you've just said..

Theres got to be changes for next Sunday as I expect there would have been before yesterdays result-- if only to give all our squad a run out.

We were very poor at half back , nothing being created-- for years we have wanted a scrum half..

The pack needs time to settle, we are missing Yates.--- the hookers must be Hood and either Canterbury or Tebbs--- but we must find  a place for March if only for his leadership (none on show yesterday)--

I would like to know what instructions  were given to Wainhouse each time he ran out. didn't see any change in our tactics..

Two other things -- the PA system was poor -- people in he stand near me were asking who the minutes silence was for as they couldn't make the announcement out. Surely a sound check can be done before the start of each game, with someone on the halfway reporting back-- is the announcer speaking to near the microphone or is it a fault with the equipment ?

Agree with comments about the attendance-- would have said myself about 700-- but there were to many kids and their parents running about for me to count the real number.

HIST must despair at times that all their efforts are being let down on the pitch.

yet another dire show. another defeat. and still saying does eaton coach

bought my season tickets yesterday. and after game wished i hadnt done so

next weekend i wont be attending . got better things to do 

:angry: