Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casablanca

Town announce partnership with Wigan Warriors

89 posts in this topic

I am not telling anyone how to run anything, but the stupidity of your post is clear from start to finished

I do not disagree with a single word as that is a strategy to come in the 9, and as you say morals and reality sometimes do not mix. I would applaud your BOD if they came out with this statement as well.

make your mind up.

I fail to see how we could have 6 or 7 players from Wigan in our matchday 17 when the rules only allow you to have a total of 5 DR and/or loan players?

Yes, some of our players do have to travel from Millom and Barrow but they are Cumbrians living in Cumbria, that is the main point to be made in that argument.

Only 5 Cumbrians in Havens 17 last week so that a bit 2-faced from h4e

Leigh also had plenty of loan players last seasons so they have no room to criticise others

We haven't 'signed' anyone as a Workington registered player and that player still trains with his old club a la Swinton - so no need forr anyone to come on here with a Swinton comparison, thanks

Our squad does need bolstering, we can't deny that.

Superb comeback, for which you be remembered in history. Your life hasn't been wasted.....

Correct Shaun . A normal healthy DR working relationship and the Swinton situation are totally different . 5 players improving our squad is not us becoming Workington Warriors . It's us doing our best to compete in a brutal league against clubs doing the same thing . I wish we could be Fev or Leigh but at the minute we're not . Holding our spot in this league is the first step to getting there , and surely this helps by getting up that core of game changing players we've talked about that win games . Things are looking better than a couple of weeks back and no mistake . I like the way Vievers talks already .

It's quite funny that the Leigh fan comes on here now warning us of the grave mistake the club is making even though he has no idea what has been agreed between the two clubs. Just because Leigh is now secure and has a great squad DR is now the devils work.

DR can be bad for a club or then again when managed well it can be beneficial. Our Widnes link up was hardly a disaster for us was it? It certainly wasn't perfect but it didn't destroy the morale of our players as far as I know.

Our club can learn a great deal from Wigan and how they operate, and their players can supplement our squad which isn't exactly huge. In return we give the players experience at playing at this level or keep them fit. Wigan will also probably run the rule over our players and see if there are any with the potential for development. Sorry Sweaty Craig but the more posts you make the more it sound like sour grapes, if your club couldn't afford the huge quality squad it has this season would you have still been so judgemental - I doubt it.

I like the way you study our squad H4E, are you sure you are not a closet Townie?

....another thing I like about DR is I now find some SL matches a bit more interesting than I might of previously. Good to see both Paddy Flynn and McGrath-Leulai having good games the other night.

Yeah it was good to see Paddy getting his dues . He turned up here and put the effort in so he deserves it . As for McGraff , not much of him but he's chiselled out of granite

How many of the Barrow team on Sunday will be Barrow players and not on loan ? 

We've got 3 on loan from Leigh. Bullock, Briscoe and Rowe. Shaw is the other loanee from Warrington

Rowe won't play though, he's injured.

We've got 3 on loan from Leigh. Bullock, Briscoe and Rowe. Shaw is the other loanee from Warrington

Town have 3 on loan from Wigan, Tierney, Murphy and Lever and 1 duel reg playing on Sunday, Hopkins.

80% I'd check your figures again mate,Morris,mcgoff,Miller,Carter,stack,Lupton,forber,hanney,durden.Unless you have a 45 man squad ,barrow/millom lads travell as far as some of the Leigh players will.

I think wonky was counting some of your ducks as well  :angel:

DR or loans.......not a lot of difference, we both have the same number of non signed players. For some to say we are another Swinton is ridiculous we to my knowledge haven't signed another 5 Wigan players on and then DR'd them back like they did. I would imagine most teams in our division this weekend will have the same number of loanees and DR players as the rest (apart from the ones with loads of cash, and Swinton........and haven).........How many does that leave !!!!     

DR or loans.......not a lot of difference, we both have the same number of non signed players. For some to say we are another Swinton is ridiculous we to my knowledge haven't signed another 5 Wigan players on and then DR'd them back like they did. I would imagine most teams in our division this weekend will have the same number of loanees and DR players as the rest (apart from the ones with loads of cash, and Swinton........and haven).........How many does that leave !!!!     

I haven't said anything about Towns DR, with Wigan, all I've done is answer a question about Barrow

Town have 3 on loan from Wigan, Tierney, Murphy and Lever and 1 duel reg playing on Sunday, Hopkins.

have two of them returned to wigan?? Or are all three still here

Hope Tierney is . Bit of dry weather and a firmer deck and that kids a hell of a weapon in attack

I think wonky was counting some of your ducks as well :angel:

maths wasn't my strong point.

have two of them returned to wigan?? Or are all three still here

i would think this is there last game on the current loan deal. As long as tierney is up along with Hopkins then the other 2 are easily replaceable with in my eyes better players out of own squad.maybe have another 1 out of the the full Wigan squad available. They have 5 quality centres/wingers to go into 4 places so we could get the other.

Yeh nowt against the two lads who are still learning the trade , but this year we really need players coming in that are ready to stand out at this level from the get go . Tierney and Hopkins are good starts . Tony Clubb would do a treat , he's a beast .

It also depends on who the club can afford, and if they're within our salary cap.

I haven't said anything about Towns DR, with Wigan, all I've done is answer a question about Barrow

I didn't say you did, but others have

It also depends on who the club can afford, and if they're within our salary cap.

how does that work? Surely Wigan still pay there wages and not town.

if you get a loan player you have to pay a loan fee + most or in some case all the players wage. Also travel money. With duel reg there's no fee but the rest applies. Also it all counts in your salary cap.

So the more senior or higher in quality the player, the more it costs you.

I didn't say you did, but others have

Ah, thought you aimed it at me cause you quoted my post.

Personally don't see anything wrong with dual reg unless teams abuse it and use proven SL players who are getting back to fitness etc