Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casablanca

Town announce partnership with Wigan Warriors

89 posts in this topic

if you get a loan player you have to pay a loan fee + most or in some case all the players wage. Also travel money. With duel reg there's no fee but the rest applies. Also it all counts in your salary cap.

So the more senior or higher in quality the player, the more it costs you.

thanks for that mate. Confusing concept

Have i missed it on here? On the news and poo(star) page it mentions Vievers knows Jack Murphy already, is he with us on DR too now?

Have i missed it on here? On the news and poo(star) page it mentions Vievers knows Jack Murphy already, is he with us on DR too now?

He signed on a month loan when Tierney and Lever did

Crikey i dont know how i managed it but i thought it was someone called Burke! Thanks Scott

So if you pay a loan fee, plus wage (or part wage) plus travel for a loan, is it just wage (or part wage) plus travel for DR? That way it would be cheaper to have DR rather than loan would it?

Ah, thought you aimed it at me cause you quoted my post.

Personally don't see anything wrong with dual reg unless teams abuse it and use proven SL players who are getting back to fitness etc

I only quoted your post to draw the comparison between loans and DR, thanks for the information

I'm sure there will be something in place between the two clubs that negates some percentage of the monies that would normally be paid, but to my knowledge a player who is deemed to be on loan requires a loan fee.

And everything paid in wages counts against your salary cap. I don't imagine wigans players are on peanuts either!

I'm sure there will be something in place between the two clubs that negates some percentage of the monies that would normally be paid, but to my knowledge a player who is deemed to be on loan requires a loan fee.

And everything paid in wages counts against your salary cap. I don't imagine wigans players are on peanuts either!

Never heard of a loan fee but there is usually an agreement on wages split etc

DR counts as a set amount on salary cap irrespective of actual cost

Never heard of a loan fee but there is usually an agreement on wages split etc

DR counts as a set amount on salary cap irrespective of actual cost

That wasn't the case last season, and I haven't heard that it's changed.

As long as we get in super league 2 who cares? Looking forward to the match excited almost for the first time too!!

Burke went on loan to Bradford recently

He apparently dislocated his shoulder in his first match for the Bulls last night!!!!!!!

Having plenty of experience with this as Wigans ex Bitches, I understood it to be a fixed fee per game paid to the parent £250 per game springs to mind but cant remember why?

Anyway I have enjoyed the banter, and good luck for the season.