Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

yeessss

59 posts in this topic

There's a barrow fan claiming the last penalty shouldn't have been given, not because it wasn't a penalty but because the ref should have used common sense as both fans would have been happy with a draw.

Dewsbury have again improved their squad this winter and have an excellent coach in GM.

I don't think it's clear who is going to struggle.

Which is what I said at post #7 in this thread!!!!

They had the same excellent coach last year but obviously he took 2 days off when we played them last year ...

They had the same excellent coach last year but obviously he took 2 days off when we played them last year ...

dont you know town never win a game, the opposing team just lose it.

Headed off down to Barrow off a morning shift and walked into the ground with about a minute to spare. Well chuffed with the result and was a great Cumbrian derby match to watch. A draw would have been a worthy result, but to come away with the 3 points feels much better..

Headed off down to Barrow off a morning shift and walked into the ground with about a minute to spare. Well chuffed with the result and was a great Cumbrian derby match to watch. A draw would have been a worthy result, but to come away with the 3 points feels much better..

Don't it just

There's a barrow fan claiming the last penalty shouldn't have been given, not because it wasn't a penalty but because the ref should have used common sense as both fans would have been happy with a draw.

im sure your just looking for an argument... tbh i wouldnt of been happy with the draw as its games like this the home teams should be winning but it was a big derby and form goes out the window. Very even game and a draw would of been about right for both teams

Well done town on your win, no complaints from me. I could see yous snatching something after we cooked up on the last 2 (should have been 3) DG attempts.

You were in fine singing voice as well haha. Good look for the rest of the season.

im sure your just looking for an argument... tbh i wouldnt of been happy with the draw as its games like this the home teams should be winning but it was a big derby and form goes out the window. Very even game and a draw would of been about right for both teams

look on your own site, you will see it quite clearly posted. I believe it's you who comes on here regularly looking off an argument.

Forwards (apart from McGoff whose legs seem to stop moving once he has contact in the tackle) were superb today, McAvoy my MoM.

Clueless near the line and last tackle options were very poor, we were camped with back to back sets on the Barrow line but could not break through.

Hopkins showed up well and (I missed the Swinton game) Lever was better.

Both Mossop and Connor showed up well and Tierney was solid at the back, they gave up peppering him with high bombs after he caught about 4/5 on the belt.

Good old fashioned hard defensive battle, enjoyable, but would have been less enjoyable if Barrow had pipped it at the end with their drop goal attempts.

A DG attempt wasn't in our gameplan so it seemed, camped the Barrow line with 5 minutes left and never tried one.

Work to be done but players looked keen and eager, especially in defence.

Seriously what's last season got to do with anything?

Don't you think it's a little bitter to try and belittle your neighbours victory today by reminding everyone you beat Dewsbury twice last season?

Well done on your wafer thin victory over Barrow.

I guess this is the end of the month loans . We need to hold Tierney and big Sam , who is a total standout in this league , and add one or two similar standard from their first team squad just to add that bit of quality to help us get games nailed

Seriously what's last season got to do with anything?

Don't you think it's a little bitter to try and belittle your neighbours victory today by reminding everyone you beat Dewsbury twice last season?

Well done on your wafer thin victory over Barrow.

do you read the havens fans posts on here?Other than Donald there only on here to cause a wind up. And I was responding to an idiots post who was saying town and barrow were down regardless of today. So excuse me for defending my team. Personally if haven were beating my team at home after getting a pasting at Leigh last week I would be slightly worried.

Just got back, god that bloody road gets worse!! Well played Town, thought we deserved the win really, why we didn't take a drop goal attempt I don't know, we must have had three sets of six with all the Town fans screaming for one in the last five minutes, then Barrrrrrrrrr win a penalty get up our end and you could see what they were going to do, thank god the fluffed it. 

Was a clear penalty at the end, two in the tackle and they try a steal, stupid really.

MOM for me was young MacAvoy he had a horse of a game for a 19yr old, Matty scooting more and getting them on the back foot caused them problems, Tierney was very confident at the back and Hopkins looks a hand full, good first game.

Well done Phil on a very solid display, good defence, a little more idea near the line and thinks are moving along very well.

ps well done the shaven on a good win I had you down for a 20 odd points defeat, funny how money talks ;)

Haven fans posting on here but couldn't go to your match though!! Even ur coach said on the radio how he thanked the small few who made it like the stolen car full no doubt

Up the town what a great game today

Haven fans posting on here but couldn't go to your match though!! Even ur coach said on the radio how he thanked the small few who made it like the stolen car full no doubt

Up the town what a great game today

They had a team bus full of drink to celebrate the win but only five players were on the coach back to Whitehaven!!

nice try gilly

all players (except yorkshire based players)on bus lancashire based players dropped off on way home, thorman gets off at penrith

jjp

marabe

mitchell

newton

burns

maca

crellin

neeney

robinson

will ll been on bus too haven last time i went to school thats 9

but hey dont let the truth in the way of having ago

nice try gilly

all players (except yorkshire based players)on bus lancashire based players dropped off on way home, thorman gets off at penrith

jjp

marabe

mitchell

newton

burns

maca

crellin

neeney

robinson

Fair play I only went off a haven players twitter that said there was only five players and Jordan Burns had gone home with his dead. He must be wrong and you right!

nice try gilly

jjp

marabe

mitchell

newton

burns

maca

crellin

neeney

robinson

truth? Thats rich coming from you mr jackanory lets make up a negative town story.

didnt make anything up mate, see you got trouty to remove his post about training like wigan, and hanney not training ,see he also edited anyones posted that quoted it as well...very sad.must have touched a nerve

maybe burns did go home ,looking at team thast who would normal be on

It's all perception but I think it's just two relegation teams scraping it out....all a bit pointless really as both Barrow and town will be in the bottom five.

And where will you be then, top of the pile after today's win I suppose !!! good result but we could do without another Jam troll on here :rtfm:  

didnt make anything up mate, see you got trouty to remove his post about training like wigan, and hanney not training ,see he also edited anyones posted that quoted it as well...very sad.must have touched a nerve

i can't and don't tell or ask trouty to remove anything. Your problem is you think you know all the exclusives and really you don't. The negative things you PM me about town are just fantasy you need to get a grip.

Great win today, couldn't make it, but listened in on the radio, hasn't done my ulcer any good what a finish. Town win away and England beat the cottage burners, could have been a better afternoon but the Jam have to win away. Great result for them, can trolls just give it a rest because I don't know if you noticed but the Town won away as well . UP THE TOWN 

Well it has worked haven4ever,but sorry to diappoint you but i never got anything moved,and hanney has you put it has difficulties on attending training but who's to say he will not find a way to get around it,and on a point of nerves,the only time my nerves are on the go is when you frequent the town forum,do us all a favour and get lost.

Got to say after sitting in the stands with the kids and a very gracious group of barrow fans, totally enjoyed the game. Draw would have been ok but I thought town had the better game, and shaded it.

Town fans opposite me were in great voice.

Liam mcavoy was magnificent again today, what a player for his age. Tierney was excellent and brett carter had his best game so far this season.